Breaking Out Of The Strap?

gmov

I saw it in a video on armtv, I think it was the 2008 Kentucky Muscle. Also a toproll tournament video, Emma Clark was taking on some guy.

Saw Aaron Burns do it in 98 at the Snooker John's tournament. Don't remember who his opponent was. Aaron is the son of hall of famer Wayne Burns.

I read that Jerry Carodette saying he and David Randall snapped a strap during a match before

At kentucky muscle, chris heath and Brent Rakers broke out of the strap. The strap didnt break, but it was a velcro strap and the velcro came loose. I just happened to be filming that event. here is the footage of the strap break happening.

http://armsports.blogspot.com/2008/11/chri...ckers-left.html

the strap break happens at 2:49 in the video.

I have seen a match where the same two pullers, in the same match, came out of the strap 3 seperate times before a winner was declared.

The velcro didn't come loose, the refs put the strap on the wrong way. (Yes, there is a wrong way) Rakers slipped out of a hole that the strap creates when it is put on incorrectly.

Leonard saves the day and puts it on the correct way, no slippin out of the strap this time.

Scott is right. The ref that spots the buckle on his or her side needs to wrap the strap around the left side opponent first and then the right. If It is done with the velcro strap it the ref that pulls down on the under side (the soft side) of the strap needs to wrap it around the opponent to the left first. If done incorrectly there is a gap between the opponents' wrists and if one ends up in a pressed position they will wiggle right out.

I broke out of the straps in a tournament in PA in 1999 or 2000, I forget which year with Ralph Smith from NY. I had his wrist cracked over and could feel like I had way too much of his hand (shouldn't be out on someone's fingertips in the straps). I hit, the strap came undone and I had a pain in my elbow for a few weeks.

Edited by James Retarides