Bent Ironmind "blue"

bender

Imagine Bender going on a "bender" New Year's Eve ;)

I'm still bending my greens one at a time and can only bend a yellow if I start a good bend by wrapping around a safety bar in my cage :(

I'm going to have to break down and get a bolt cutter so I can chop up a bunch of steel at once so I can get some volume in I think.

Jon@han

Congrats Bender !

Two greens surely is harder than the blue !

In fact Ironmind should have put another nail between the blue and the red (the latter being so damn useless even when you can bend the blue easily) my vote going to a longer red.

Amaury.

PS: don't worry about the red: just means there was no weak point in the circle...for the moment ! And there will ;)

Bending is very specialized and you guys amaze me.

A few times I have sent materials to some people on this

board thinking they would report back to me that the

materials were very hard to bend.

In each case, the men thought I was joking with them-

that the metal was actually a warm-up range for them,

the same material I thought was used in bridge building! :angry::D

A tip of the hat! :rock

U'd an IronMind BLUE with 0.5" cut off. :blush It's time to move to the 5'16" HRS. [waving good-bye to 1/4" HRS]

I also need to extend a big, warm "Thank You" to the Grip Page and all the benders that have inspired me to bend. Thanks. It's been a great journey, and I can't imagine where we will all be in the hand-strength world, 10 years from now... Thanks again.

-Eric Godfrey

• 2 weeks later...

Bender!!!

About an hour ago at work I finally U'd a "yellow" equivalent in front of everybody, including our nursing supervisor -who immeadiately said I'm crazy! I've only U'd this diameter prior to this by wrapping it around my safety bar in my cage.

I've been bending really short nails lately 2-3inches skinny little finishing nails...I wonder if this has tightened up my vice grip or concentration?

Hopefully I'll start U'ing it consistently now.

Jon@han

Jonathan, congrats on U-shaping an IM Yellow equivalent! :rock

Your nursing supervisor said "You're crazy!"? - You must work on a Psych Ward! :laugh

That's funny, 'cauze my Sports Medicine Doc asked me to bend a couple of 60d nails so he could mount them on a plaque (along with my signature) and hang it on the wall in the Medical Center!

Jonathon, try trimming the Yellow equivalent down and after you can u-shape it with 1 inch cut off it will be an IM Blue equivalent!

Train smart!

It's a psycho-geriatric ward actually :blush

Strongman, I vaguely recall seeing a post of yours where you had kept the length the same but just shaved down the interior of the rod a bit? Sounded like a good idea, BTW your website is great!! I printed off your list of material strength of various bendables.

Jon@han

Jonathan, good to hear the Yellow fell to your superior grip. :)

In regards to being crazy, there tends to be only three responses to bending. Here they are, listed in frequency of occurance.

1). "You're Crazy" or "You need to get laid".

2). "Oh My God!!!" or "That's Incredible!!!".

3). "yea, and..." or "so what..."

On a lower note, I finally bent the Blue with 3/4" cut off, but messed up the tendon on the side of my first right finger. I can't even hold a coffe cup with that finger. Very disappointing. I even warmed up and "felt strong" before the bend. Quite annoyiong. I won't be bending for a while. :angry:

Jonathan, also about those "little" nails (110-140lbs), I did the same thing too. I went to Home Depot and bought a box of every nail over 3.5 inches. It ended up being some 8-9 different nails. Then, I'd grab aboout 4 of each nail, and sit down and bend them all. More than anything, it develops technique and toughens the hands.

Edited by bender