Gripmas Carol 2009

climber511

Is there any interest in a ladies division?
Definitely interested but can't be sure I can make it there. :( Could women compete in the novice/light weight divisions if you choose not to set aside a separate one? (If there aren't enough women competitors to make it worthwhile, I mean.)

Melissa has it made if it's ever between me and her on grippers - that's strong! :rock

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• Jedd Johnson

• Bob Lipinski

• MalachiMcMullen

Definitely interested but can't be sure I can make it there. :( Could women compete in the novice/light weight divisions if you choose not to set aside a separate one? (If there aren't enough women competitors to make it worthwhile, I mean.)

Melissa has it made if it's ever between me and her on grippers - that's strong! :rock

Sure!

Sure!

:)

I've been dying to do this for a while. Haven't been to a grip contest since 2002. I'll ask my boys if they want to participate. Maybe they will start training with me. Is there a limit on the number of competitors?

I've been dying to do this for a while. Haven't been to a grip contest since 2002. I'll ask my boys if they want to participate. Maybe they will start training with me. Is there a limit on the number of competitors?

For now at least - no limit on the number. If I don't have very many - I will hold it in my garage gym where it has always been - If I have enough people coming I have a much bigger place available (which I may use regardless of number).

I'd really like to get out and visit one of these days.

Jonathon - you, Scott, Anson and Bob Sundin could make a road trip!

Might be a possibility, Chris. Depends on how much Christmas shopping Santa needs to do.

How 'bout a 350/hand farmers walk event?

Might be a possibility, Chris. Depends on how much Christmas shopping Santa needs to do.

How 'bout a 350/hand farmers walk event?

After watching what all you lifted after Chads contest - I'm cutting you ZERO slack Jonathon! I may have to even do a handicap thing on you :D

If you want to handicap me just throw in some nail bending. I don't think I can handle a coat hanger anymore.

Chris, any thoughts on what the events will be yet? Thanks!

Mike - events are not finalized yet but my first thoughts are

Calibrated Grippers of some kind

Euro Pinch

One Hand Apollon Axle DL

Sledge Lever (in my levering set up) Height adjustable - gives everyone exactly the same "stroke" and is very safe and easy to judge. I think you guys will like it.

Medley or an endurance event of some kind.

I have a couple other possible things I have been kicking around but for now anyway - this looks close - I will have everything up by Sept 1st with a Nov 1st entry deadline. Ladies will probably not do levering and a 2" axle may be too much for them also - unless I make up something I think is light enough. Ladies and novice will of course not do the same medley - fewer and lighter items. I am still kicking the medley around versus having another traditional event or an endurance one. We will see. It's all going to come down to how many are coming and if we even have enough for all the classes.

Oh I want to have the swap meet again - it went over really well last time - lot's of stuff traded , bought, and sold!

Guest Bullitt

Euro Pinch

One Hand Apollon Axle DL

Sledge Lever (in my levering set up) Height adjustable - gives everyone exactly the same "stroke" and is very safe and easy to judge. I think you guys will like it.

I have a couple other possible things I have been kicking around but for now anyway - this looks close - I will have everything up by Sept 1st with a Nov 1st entry deadline. Ladies will probably not do levering and a 2" axle may be too much for them also - unless I make up something I think is light enough. Ladies and novice will of course not do the same medley - fewer and lighter items. I am still kicking the medley around versus having another traditional event or an endurance one. We will see. It's all going to come down to how many are coming and if we even have enough for all the classes.

Oh I want to have the swap meet again - it went over really well last time - lot's of stuff traded , bought, and sold!

All that sounds great Chris. Surprisingly, Melissa said today," maybe I better start training for this thing." HAHAHAHA I'm going to get her hooked yet!

Sledge lever? Shit, now I have to go.

I was thinking the same.

Sledge lever? Shit, now I have to go.

Thought that might snag you Bob :D You'll like the new set up.

I really like that mix of events.

So you liked my idea of doing the 1HDL but with the axle huh?

Yep you get credit for that idea!

Ill be there. Events you listed look good but if they change I will still be ready to go!

We held a small comp here early on this month, we did a 2inch one handed deadlift, 4 attempts...so this may mean it was my idea as it was announced several months ago on an aussie forum ;) We didnt have access to an AA so had to make do with what we had..a 5 foot 2inch scaffold pole.

Euro Pinch

One Hand Apollon Axle DL

Chris you could use Andrea's smaller thick bar for the ladies if you think that would work better.

Euro Pinch

One Hand Apollon Axle DL

Chris you could use Andrea's smaller thick bar for the ladies if you think that would work better.

Great Minds think alike Nick - I was going to ask! Thanks!

What is the entry fee and do you have to qualify or anything like that. Thanks! I definitely have interest of competing, Crooksville is not that far from Marietta, OH

Edited by AuCraigCall

Not sure of the fee But I know anyone can come and get in on the fun.