1st Annual Woodall Grip Challenge 2009

Too Tall

13. 7” IM Red Nails (one in the middle and one at the end) ................. waaaaay too easy in comparison to the other lifts - yes

I think you should have to do it barehanded :D

I do like medleys but this line kind of scares me a little blush.gif "Also, there will not be anything in the medley that I cannot pick up on a good day…if this helps." Chad

So - No Chad - that doesn't really help much.

Chris you have GEEZER POWER and you do well in Medleys...the MEDLEY will be VERY HEAVY :rock

What if we skip the gripper event and just put a #3 in the medley? :blink

I do like medleys but this line kind of scares me a little blush.gif "Also, there will not be anything in the medley that I cannot pick up on a good day…if this helps." Chad

Chris you have GEEZER POWER and you do well in Medleys...the MEDLEY will be VERY HEAVY :rock

:laugh:laugh:laugh

Chad, who's puting up all this cash?

Yourself?

Sponsor(s)?

Mighty Joe

Most of the $$$ is coming from clients of mine that own their own business. Do you want to help sponsor?

Also, if you can get here...I would love for you to take the comp pictures.

:laugh:laugh:laugh ok - lets skip pinch and thickbar and just have a medley item for each :laugh:laugh:laugh

Here is the list of competitors so far: UPDATED 2-11-09

Wade Gillingham

Jedd Johnson

Paul Knight

Rex Hubbard

Steve Gardener

Chris Rice

Chad Woodall

Andrew Durniat

Big Wes Peart

Aaron C. (AC)

Big Tex Henderson

Big Rich Williams

Now that's a lineup. What a 'usual suspects' photo that will make ha ha. MJoe make sure that's on your list!!

Strongest lineup EVER! This will be grip history :rock

:blink didn't see that coming! - can we have prize money for places 1-20th :laugh

Last place gets free beer !! Woohoo! :rock

Are we having weight classes in this comp :laugh:laugh J/K

maybe below 230 light weight - above 230 HW :laugh

Are we having weight classes in this comp :laugh:laugh J/K

maybe below 230 light weight - above 230 HW :laugh

How about senior citizens under 230 ? :blush I have an AARP and Golden Buckeye card - do I get a discount like at a restaurant? This thing is looking like land of the giants!

Guess I'll be happy with the free beer hehe! I can't wait!

man, if you could get Big Steve, Tommy, Morton, ...say a giant or two, a seven footer or so. That would be great. lol

The National Guard needs to show up and help out with food. Chad, is your wife in charge of cooking? Poor Mrs. Woodall.... :laugh

-Rex

Al! Tell me you're going too?

Here is the list of competitors so far: UPDATED 2-11-09

Wade Gillingham

Jedd Johnson

Paul Knight

Rex Hubbard

Steve Gardener

Chris Rice

Chad Woodall

Andrew Durniat

Big Wes Peart

Aaron C. (AC)

Big Tex Henderson

Big Rich Williams

Dayumn! :blink

Pity "Little" David Horne won't be there to show you all how it's done ;)

at 6' 4" and 220# I get to show up and be the little guy :yikes

Almost Andrew - at 6' 2" and 204# (Tex is almost 2 of me :blink) I think I've got you but the overall size of this field is incredible - it will be interesting to know the average weight of the field. You are the smallest actual competitor - I'm competing but in this crowd, I hardly consider myself any competition. But I'm certainly the oldest, the smallest, and with the smallest hands - but by golly - it will be a privilege to be there. I'm competing against myself anyway as usual and want a couple PRs - this should be a really good time to go for them. I'm wondering how many records are going to be broken - I'm guessing quite a few by the time the smoke clears! By the time I finish up the GS training and do the Arnold - I will have 3 months or so to get ready for this - plenty of time. The KB work has absolutely destroyed my forearms - I'm hoping the new found endurance will prime the pump so to speak for some new gains - time will tell.

I think I might be the shortest in that field or close anyway. :D

yep - you 6" Aaron?

and I would consider Andrew bigger than me fo sho ............ I have ten lbs on him, but he is 4" taller!! I look like a flee next to him.

Just a thought:

I hope you guys get good video coverage of this. Is someone lined up to be the official camcorder guy?