1st Annual Woodall Grip Challenge 2009

Too Tall

I have had a couple PM's on the gripper closes being judged. It DOES NOT have to be a pause parallel set! BUT, you do have to show the correct parallel MM set to the judge(who will be right there on the spot) and then just smash it :rock

I want everyone to have fun and not worry about these things...it is ALL GOOD :rock

reminder to bring your leather wraps for the 2 red nails in the medley. I have a few wraps...if you do not want to bring yours.

Chad

Everything is ready to go :rock

Safe travels to all...see you Saturday...try to get there by 9am. Rules at 9:30am...game time at 10am.

Chad

you can just put me at the bottom of the predictions list - my elbow still hurts bad and I will probably even do my gripper attempts lefty. I don't expect to be competitive, so I've settled with having a great time talkin shit to Steve even though he's gonna kick my ass

Hush child, grown ups are gonna do real mans grip stuff... did you mean like that? :D

Here's what I think might be done before the chalk dust settles.

Grippers - SE or #4

2 HP – 260#

Axle – 471#

Rolling Thunder – 290#

Medley – 19 items - maybe 20

What do you all believe?

Chad - Question - do we need to bring chairs - snacks, drinks etc?

Chad - Question - do we need to bring chairs - snacks, drinks etc?

I will have food and drink for the after party. I will provide chairs for the competitors. There is a GNC, Kroger, and stores ect...a mile away from the comp site...if you need drinks, and snacks. Budget is tight...sorry.

Grippers - SE or #4

2 HP – 260#

Axle – 471#

Rolling Thunder – 290#

What do you all believe?

Grippers. Agree. Highly unlikely anyone will do the RB365 if the one there is rated above a 4. If the BBSE is a typical model I can do that 99's out of a 100 so I'll be looking for the 4 for a win or tie.

2HP: Possibly but I suspect it will depend on how dry/humid/etc it is in the venue. It's also after grippers and while some have said they've had more no one has done those numbers on the platform. I agree with the earlier statement that someone added that the odds are good for some 250+ lifts. I've made some numbers for my sheet and have a big one planned for the 4th and final lift.

Axle: maybe but anything above 453 on the platform in an event like this will be going well. I plan to be a little under 453 with a number I think will keep me in the running.

RT: very, very much dependant on spin, humidity and so on. The equipment varies so much that it is impossible to say what will be done. I can only guess based on what I can do on my own. On my 'spins a lot' RT I can do 110-kilos (inc set up) any day. On my 'spins very little' set up I'm pulling 150-kilos. Somewhere in between seems reasonable.

Medley: I KNOW I will not complete it so I plan on using 'game'. I wrote out some ideas yesterday (order of lifts, left hand, right hand and so on). I will say time is important and that's all yer getting. Those familiar with how placings can be decided in strongman will know what to do.

I'm about to go do my last training session in mere moments (medley work) and then I'll stretch, pack my bags, get ready for the trip (note to self send info to Rex). After that it's in the hands of the gods.

Grippers - SE or #4

2 HP – 260#

Axle – 471#

Rolling Thunder – 290#

What do you all believe?

Grippers. Agree. Highly unlikely anyone will do the RB365 if the one there is rated above a 4. If the BBSE is a typical model I can do that 99's out of a 100 so I'll be looking for the 4 for a win or tie.

2HP: Possibly but I suspect it will depend on how dry/humid/etc it is in the venue. It's also after grippers and while some have said they've had more no one has done those numbers on the platform. I agree with the earlier statement that someone added that the odds are good for some 250+ lifts. I've made some numbers for my sheet and have a big one planned for the 4th and final lift.

Axle: maybe but anything above 453 on the platform in an event like this will be going well. I plan to be a little under 453 with a number I think will keep me in the running.

RT: very, very much dependant on spin, humidity and so on. The equipment varies so much that it is impossible to say what will be done. I can only guess based on what I can do on my own. On my 'spins a lot' RT I can do 110-kilos (inc set up) any day. On my 'spins very little' set up I'm pulling 150-kilos. Somewhere in between seems reasonable.

Medley: I KNOW I will not complete it so I plan on using 'game'. I wrote out some ideas yesterday (order of lifts, left hand, right hand and so on). I will say time is important and that's all yer getting. Those familiar with how placings can be decided in strongman will know what to do.

I'm about to go do my last training session in mere moments (medley work) and then I'll stretch, pack my bags, get ready for the trip (note to self send info to Rex). After that it's in the hands of the gods.

Have a safe trip big guy. Looking forward to meeting you finally as well as all the others I have not personally met yet.

That goes for everyone else traveling. Safe trip. :rock

- Aaron

Grippers - SE or #4

2 HP – 260#

Axle – 471#

Rolling Thunder – 290#

What do you all believe?

I think 250+ as well but if someone of you is "on" - then 260 is possible.

I think Andrew will go into the 460+ range - I watched his recent 457 and he looked good for a little more.

Chad has said it's a well used handle - that and your log etc is what I based the # on.

I think this will be Chad's baby.

Safe travels Steve and I'll see you there!

I think some of the below depends upon the order of competitors, but I think it's an accurate guess.

2 will close a #4

3 will be over 250 on the pinch, 1 will pull the new WR

3 will be 200kg+ on the axle

2 will be north of 250 on the RT

3 will do 15+ items

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Steve's comment about humidity made me look at the weather forecast for the Athens, GA area. Small chances of thunder storms each day during the week. Saturday it's predicted to be a high in the upper 90's.

-Rex

The Wellness centre will be air conditioned but we want it dry and warm. No moisture on the bars is ideal.

Will you have two Inch DBs for after-the-show fun or do I need to try to make it there?

Will you have two Inch DBs for after-the-show fun or do I need to try to make it there?

I don't know if I'll be able to do anything with them (I asked you a while back if you'd bring your Inch), but I sure would like to see Steve, Andrew, and Chad horse around with them. That would make for a great vid. :rock

-Rex

The Wellness centre will be air conditioned but we want it dry and warm. No moisture on the bars is ideal.

The equipment will be set up Friday night inside the Center...so the inside temp will not be a problem. It should be ready for us.

The RT handle being used DOES spin...it is the same handle that I used to pull 280 and it is on youtube...I believe on Rex's page.

I am in the process of updating the gripper page. I have 2 SE's...one is on the easy side and one is VERY hard. The #4 is VERY tough.

The axle and 2hp...very seasoned and BIG numbers should be pulled.

The medley is a CARDIO buster!

It will be fun.

Perhaps we'll find Chad's added another 10 grippers by the time we arrive Saturday morning... :blink

Perhaps we'll find Chad's added another 10 grippers by the time we arrive Saturday morning... :blink

I will post in a few the FINAL order of grippers. There is only a few changes.

Why any at all?

FINAL ORDER!

1. CoC # 2

2. BB SM

3. CoC # 2.5

4. RB 260N

5. CoC # 3 A

6. RB 240

7. CoC # 3 B

8 RB 300N

9. CoC # 3 C

10. RB 260

11 CoC # 3 D

12. RB 330N

13. CoC # 3 E

14. BB EE

15. BB HE

16. RB 300

17. MM 4 Replica

18. FBBC Hard

19. CoC 3.5

20. RB 330

21. BB SE (Easy)

22. MM 5 Replica (Hard)

23. BB SE (Hard)

24. CoC # 4 (Hard)

Website updated on the (WGSC) Woodall Grip Strength Challenge...check it out. Please review.

Thanks,

www.chadwoodall.com

I didn't want to sidetrack the thread so I posted a travel offer from the DFW area in the Goerner Reborn Forum for anyone interested in a last-minute trip to the Woodall. I debated the intelligence of another trip right after a big one almost until it was too late, but I finally gave in. :D

Edited by xengym