1st Annual Woodall Grip Challenge 2009

Too Tall

Congratulations to Chad for winning and of course to all for such great results!

205 lbs #4, that shocked me..I have a couple of 206 lbs #4's and those ARE hard. :blink

He SMASHED that gripper :rock

Comments heard in the audience during the show:

“ Oh My!”

heard from an elderly lady when Steve was doing his tongue thing. I am unsure if it made her nervous or excited.

“ Is Chad really that strong? ”

I heard this several times from people that work at or use that facility.

“Somebody should buy that poor kid some shoes”

Referring to Zach.

“How old is he?”

Heard more than once after one of Chris’s incredible feats.

“He’s drinking beer?”

Towards the end of the comp when Paul had a mysterious brown bagged beverage.

Yeah, don't let his small stature and feeble appearance fool ya :D

I'm sooooooo tired that any proper report or write up I'll do will take me another day or so yet. Both the outgoing and return trips have effectively taken me 30 hours door to door and with what seemed like minutes sleep during both parts. But before I stumble off around the house again some for the next bash at catching up on my sleep I'll echo some of the sentiments others here have touched upon - esp Zach. The way Rex's family (Sissy, Donny and his sister) and Rex himself looked after us this weekend cannot be topped. Having competed a number of times now and a fair few of those travelling in some way I've considered myself fortunate to have been catered for well in many of those places... but this time... wowow. I cannot thank them enough and if Rex is cool with it I'll give you a hint of just how awesome they've been.

As always meeting my fellow grip freaks and friends from around the world is always something else. One family member, on seeing us back slapping, high fiving and the like asked 'have you met before?' and I replied 'him? Only on-line, never in person'. It was Paul Knight and we'd shared a joke within seconds of meeting.

Finally and as I'll write more on later competing and the competition: It was A-GAME ALL THE WAY. More later.

“ Is Chad really that strong? ”

I heard this several times from people that work at or use that facility.Yeah, don't let his small stature and feeble appearance fool ya :D

I just snorted warm milk on my keyboard! (it's nearly midnight here!)
It was A-GAME ALL THE WAY. More later.
I expected nothing more, and got nothing less. You are the Best Of British, my friend.

Of course; First would have been nice, but still...

;):rock:bow

This was the first grip contest I've had any involvement with since 2006 or so and it's amazing the progress that has taken place since that time. Stuff that most people would be very happy to acheive just a few years ago are now just one part of a medley.

It was great to get to see some old friends again, and make some new ones. Everybody went all out on every attempt, which to me is the most important aspect. Leave nothing on the platform.

Congrats to everyone that participated, and especially to Chad, Steve, and Andrew for their top placings.

Oh yeah, before I forget, I have to thank Chad and his wife for their hospitality. You have a lovely home, Chad, and a great family.

Thank you for making the trip to judge :rock You did a great job and you are welcome anytime.

I think it is interesting to note that Durniat pulled about 200-205 in the 2HP event but pulled the 215 2HP in the medley after everything. Just warming up man! JUST WARMING UP!

This was a great contest. If you missed this, then you missed the wrong show. This was the best crowd ever at a contest I attended and the calibre of athletes was tremendous.

I was psyched, man! I wanted to cut more promos but there were little kids and older folks in the crowd so I didn't want to scare them, so I stayed somewhat subdued... :blush

As far as my performance, whatcha gonna do. You're either ready to go, or your not. I'll see everybody again at GGC on the 29th.

Video clips to come!

P.S. I believe Chad has a list of the sponsors somewhere here. I am asking each of you to contact the sponsors and say thank you and consider buying a product from them the next time you are in the market to buy. We as athletes and fans of the sport need to make sure to give back to the hand that feeds. When you are looking to buy an informational product, supplements, or a piece of training equipment, go to the sponsors that support our sport. You don't have to buy it now, but when you are in need of something in the coming months or around Christmas time, remember to look these places up.

Thanks Chad, Creason, the loaders and everyone else who sponsored and supported this comp.

This was a great contest. If you missed this, then you missed the wrong show. This was the best crowd ever at a contest I attended and the calibre of athletes was tremendous.

I was psyched, man! I wanted to cut more promos but there were little kids and older folks in the crowd so I didn't want to scare them, so I stayed somewhat subdued... :blush

As far as my performance, whatcha gonna do. You're either ready to go, or your not. I'll see everybody again at GGC on the 29th.

Video clips to come!

P.S. I believe Chad has a list of the sponsors somewhere here. I am asking each of you to contact the sponsors and say thank you and consider buying a product from them the next time you are in the market to buy. We as athletes and fans of the sport need to make sure to give back to the hand that feeds. When you are looking to buy an informational product, supplements, or a piece of training equipment, go to the sponsors that support our sport. You don't have to buy it now, but when you are in need of something in the coming months or around Christmas time, remember to look these places up.

Thanks Chad, Creason, the loaders and everyone else who sponsored and supported this comp.

EXACTLY! WELL SAID!

haha i'll let it slide this time old man!

for someone that felt out of place..i thought you fit right in there! and proved that age is never a factor..especially when you beat me in some of my best events! respect for sure!

Who would have thought nearly 10 years ago this type of contest with these types of results would be occuring!? Congrats to all the competitors! :rock

Who would have thought nearly 10 years ago this type of contest with these types of results would be occurring!? Congrats to all the competitors! :rock

Bar the time scale you mention that very phrase was used more than once over this weekend. :cool

Not even half way through the write up. I'll copy and paste it here and into my log when it's done. More to follow.

Can some one post up links etc to photos!!

ditto - anyone got any shots of the #4 closes? This always makes good eye candy ;)

Not even half way through the write up. I'll copy and paste it here and into my log when it's done. More to follow.

Working on getting pics up...there is a TON :whacked

I just have to say, that as a newb to the sport, you guys are totally awesome. Not only from a performance standpoint, but for your extreme display of sportsmanship. I have not read a cross or derogatory word from anyone. I just want to commend you guys on making me believe that I have a finally found a "good habit."

No one around me trains grip or understands what I get out of it. So, I get most of my external drive and enthusiasm from the Board. Hopefully someday I will be the caliber that you guys are. Again, not only performance wise, but personality wise. Thank you all again. Look forward to meeting all of you someday.

I just have to say, that as a newb to the sport, you guys are totally awesome. Not only from a performance standpoint, but for your extreme display of sportsmanship. I have not read a cross or derogatory word from anyone. I just want to commend you guys on making me believe that I have a finally found a "good habit."

No one around me trains grip or understands what I get out of it. So, I get most of my external drive and enthusiasm from the Board. Hopefully someday I will be the caliber that you guys are. Again, not only performance wise, but personality wise. Thank you all again. Look forward to meeting all of you someday.

Getting stronger might take some time but it sounds like your personality may already be all right. This is one of the things I love about grip strength. Sign up for the next contest if it's at all possible - don't worry about how strong you are - just go and have fun - you might just be pleasantly surprised how well you do!

Congrats to all! :rock

Great stuff!!!

Thanks for sharing Jedd!

Mobster closing Aaron's #4 and then my #4 after the contest has to be one of the top grip feats seen. :bow

Thanks to Jedd for getting this on video and sharing it with us :rock

• Like 1

Me wantum more photos and more video!! :angry:

yes! When will there be some additional media posted? I've seen the vids Jedd posted as well as the inch video and Andrew medley . Where are all the others?

WOW, I finally got to watch the #4 attempts vid on the Diesel Crew site and Steve just killed 2 #4's, AFTER the contest. :blink