The Blob Challenge

vikingsrule92

Awesome Jedd - do you have a un-censored ver? - lol

Too embarrasing dude.

Guys, is my string too long on these lifts?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vikingsrule92

• The Natural

• stew2

• Jedd Johnson

Too embarrasing dude.

Jedd can get a little salty at times :D

Edited by John Eaton

Too embarrasing dude.

Do you mean to be legal? Or if it would stay easier?

If you mean to be legal, it's fine, it could be a bit shorter but as long as it's not made with the intent to cheat or coming in a lot of contact with the floor it's fine. However if you want to worry less you could just use 2-5s per side instead of a 10.

Too embarrasing dude.

Do you mean to be legal? Or if it would stay easier?

If you mean to be legal, it's fine, it could be a bit shorter but as long as it's not made with the intent to cheat or coming in a lot of contact with the floor it's fine. However if you want to worry less you could just use 2-5s per side instead of a 10.

I think he'll be duct-taping a 25 or 35 lb. plate to the bottom next time, that'll stop those plates from getting in the way.

The way this is going someone will eventually be taping a 45 to the bottom-or another 50 lb. Blob.

I just don't want my lifts kept off the list for some un-discussed formality, like my first one where I dropped it and got taken off the list. Plus, I don't want it to be seen as cheating. I know it was pointed out on the Pit that having too long of a string made it possible to get a head start which is something I never thought of before so I shortened the string quite a bit for the last couple of videos. I'll try shortening it a bit.

Bob, I'm actually trying a different sort of added weight technique, but I am keepingg it a secret... :fear

Jedd,

Great Lift!!! :rock

I just don't want my lifts kept off the list for some un-discussed formality, like my first one where I dropped it and got taken off the list. Plus, I don't want it to be seen as cheating. I know it was pointed out on the Pit that having too long of a string made it possible to get a head start which is something I never thought of before so I shortened the string quite a bit for the last couple of videos. I'll try shortening it a bit.

Bob, I'm actually trying a different sort of added weight technique, but I am keepingg it a secret... :fear

The first one was a legitimate DQ, you did the lift before the list but still a controlled descent is necessary for nearly anything. It's of no consequence though because now you're MUCH stronger and doing bigger weights while making it look easier.

As far as I'm concerned, like I said as long as you're not blatantly trying to get a head start it's perfectly fine.

Uh oh, this could be dangerous, can't wait to see this new idea :whistel

What's the Pit?

What's the Pit?

http://pitofsuffering.blogspot.com/

-Rex

• 3 months later...
Wade posted this a while back and it look like it wasn't posted on this thread:

I must have missed that one. Outstanding.

-Rex

Wade posted this a while back and it look like it wasn't posted on this thread:

Huh, I was just watching that the other day. I assumed it was already here.

Jedd, I wouldn't worry about "The Pit" and any comments on that page. Pretty gutless if you ask me, type a bunch of bs and then don't put your name on anything so you remain a "secret".

Joe Wilson "House"

p.s. Congrats on Chad's comp!

I thought it has his name all over it. Not saying it is right or not, but it does have a name for every post I have looked at.

What's the Pit?

Thanx, Matt; I'd managed to blank that wanker from my mind! But you've just ressurected him!

I thought it has his name all over it. Not saying it is right or not, but it does have a name for every post I have looked at.

If I'm not mistaken, the name given is the name of a comic book character also known as the Silver Surfer. Don't really think that's his real name.

Joe Wilson "House"

My bad! I guess I should know better than to take whatever I see on the web at face value.

My bad! I guess I should know better than to take whatever I see on the web at face value.

I guess you can't. His name is Anthony "Tony" Spinillo from Allentown, Pa and he happens to be one of our beloved Gripboard members.

What's the Pit?

http://pitofsuffering.blogspot.com/

-Rex

Thats a great site the guy/s behind it talk alot of TRUTH and also make me laugh :D

• 1 year later...

Since Derek is back on the board lately, here one of blob plus 10 lbs at 3:25