Fingertip Pushups What Should Be The Goal? What Can You Do?

VahnCruz

Not max effort weights... for instance. I would judge a new PR by fingers and numbers, just like I had prior. Now for instance, I can hold my bodyweight on 5 fingers... so then I would restart on ten fingers with weight, like maybe an extra 50lbs. That's only 5 more lbs per finger. Then I would work this extra 50lbs back down to 5 fingers and repeat. Also, I didn't literally mean a .5 second hold... I would probably count to 5sec or 10sec, as oppose to the 1/2min - 1min hold which I have been doing, and stay well within my limits.

• 2 weeks later...

I can do about 35 or 40 traditional fingertip pushups, but I don't think this variation on pushups helps hand strength any at all.

My PR is 10 reps with index&middle of both hands. This hurt like shit.

Tentacle... make sure that you're not crimping b/c it will hurt like hell... FOREVER!

Of course it builds strength; through the bones, tendons, and ligaments. It just won't help you very much with closing a gripper, lifting the blob, bending steel, or anything popular... BUT it will make you less injury prone AND if you gotta slap a mothaf-cka then he'll now that you've been doing them

• Like 1

exactly what his fingers are doing:

http://images5.fanpo...320-720-556.jpg

fingers should be held rigid, not bowed back at the joint. otherwise all of the stress is placed on the joint (no bueno) and not distributed throughout the finger.

Never heard about that. I don't think anybody can use Bruce Lee as a bad example of anything, either. Man's a legend.

His finger is bowed back. That's a bad example right there. LOL.

p.s.- I know that he could kill me barehanded.

He also broke his back doing good mornings... the man has flaws like everyone. He's not a god, we could all achieve his level

• 4 months later...

I just started back and I added fingertip push ups into my COC hand gripper exercise program and combined them together.

Tentacle... make sure that you're not crimping b/c it will hurt like hell... FOREVER!

Of course it builds strength; through the bones, tendons, and ligaments. It just won't help you very much with closing a gripper, lifting the blob, bending steel, or anything popular... BUT it will make you less injury prone AND if you gotta slap a mothaf-cka then he'll now that you've been doing them

I like to do static holds and plyometric to strengthen the tendons&ligament in my fingers.