The Hub Challenge

lukeamdman

what are the thoughts on my shallow hubs?

Even though some are much harder than others, A 45lb plate is a 45lb plate and will do just fine for the challenge.

I'll be in after gripmas. Should be fun.

Hublift with hampton plates is an event at the next Michigan contest. Thanks for a good reason to start training early!

Just for the heck of it why don't some of you give the shallows a try not near as hard to find a shallow hub everybody has them.

Just for the heck of it why don't some of you give the shallows a try not near as hard to find a shallow hub everybody has them.

Stew, I feel that the shallow and wide hubs are much harder for me. I noticed your time hold for shallow hub was longer that your time for deep hub. Is the shallow hub easier for you ? You got a pic of the plate your using?

Stew, I feel that the shallow and wide hubs are much harder for me. I noticed your time hold for shallow hub was longer that your time for deep hub. Is the shallow hub easier for you ? You got a pic of the plate your using?

Stew's hub plates http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=2539

4 pics down he is hubbing 2 shalow 45s and in the bottom left of the pic are the shallow york 45s he uses for hubing. http://farmstrength.wordpress.com/pics/

Edited by nickr104

one thing about stew using two different plates is he will make better progress than someone using the same plate and same diameter your fingers get strong only at that point of start or at least thats what i think also years ago we all on the board started talking about contacting york barbell to get them to start making old dumbells so we could have more blobs they did make them but somewhere in the mix they turned out different anyway :blink if all you hub lifters started contacting york again they might bring back the old style 45 plate to hub good luck guys

one thing about stew using two different plates is he will make better progress than someone using the same plate and same diameter your fingers get strong only at that point of start or at least thats what i think also years ago we all on the board started talking about contacting york barbell to get them to start making old dumbells so we could have more blobs they did make them but somewhere in the mix they turned out different anyway :blink if all you hub lifters started contacting york again they might bring back the old style 45 plate to hub good luck guys

I like that style of thinking. I watched alot of vid of you and your son doing some monster hub-lifts. I bet you or him could beat the 60 sec mark too.

Stew's hub plates http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=2539

4 pics down he is hubbing 2 shalow 45s and in the bottom left of the pic are the shallow york 45s he uses for hubing. http://farmstrength.wordpress.com/pics/

I have tried to hub similar plates unsuccesfully. Thats amazing hub strength there Stew. I will train with some similar plates but you are way ahaed of me. Think if you were fresh when you tried a timed hold could you get a longer time with the shallow hubs or deep hubs ? Just out of curiosity.

I just did these tonight at the end of my workout. My results:

8 sec R

17 sec L

My right hand was feeling weak because of lifting heavy in the 1HDL earlier in the workout. I'll have to give this another go some weeknight when I'm fresh.

Good hold with left, are you left handed ?

I just did these tonight at the end of my workout. My results:

8 sec R

17 sec L

My right hand was feeling weak because of lifting heavy in the 1HDL earlier in the workout. I'll have to give this another go some weeknight when I'm fresh.

Good hold with left, are you left handed ?

Nope my right was just worn out already from 1 handed DL. Although with pinch alot of times my left is just as strong or stronger than the right anyway.

THIS THREAD WAS GETTING GOOD WHAT HAPPENED NO LIFTS FOR SIX DAYS :blink:blink:D

THIS THREAD WAS GETTING GOOD WHAT HAPPENED NO LIFTS FOR SIX DAYS :blink:blink:D

No not really did Chris's contest couldn't move for a day then got sick and feel like death warmed over will be a little while for me anyways.

A heads up (if I haven't posted about this already), MGC 7 will have hubs for max weight. A hampton plate will be used. After I rest up from gripmas, I will weigh in here.

A heads up (if I haven't posted about this already), MGC 7 will have hubs for max weight. A hampton plate will be used. After I rest up from gripmas, I will weigh in here.

Cant wait to hear the numbers. Should be cool.

Rules:

1. A 45lb plate is required. No hub devices.

2. Plate cannot be tilted past 45 degrees.

3. Plate can only make contact with the single gripping hand, no bracing allowed.

4. Video proof is required to be in the top 5.

5. After a time for each hand is submitted for a combined total, individual times for each hand can be improved on later.

Timed Hold

...................................LH/RH.........Total Seconds

1. kilkkinen..................49/43..........92

2. Rendy......................28/31..........59

3. shorn.......................25/32..........57

4. cemery....................15/35..........50

5. stew2......................13/36..........49

6. Paul Knight.............20/26...........46

7. Lukeamdman..........18/27..........45

8. Incindium................17/8............25

9. Strongmantobe.........6/14..........20

Max Weight

1. cemery....................65

2. Lukeamdman...........57.5

3. vikingsrule92...........50

4. bencrush.................49.8

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I think Casey has done 70lb's, but I can't find the video. I've done 60lb's, but not on video.

Anyone who has done MORE then 45lb's please let me know!

Hereis my Double Hublift, both hands 30kg´s. My PR is 37 kg´s with one hand, but no video.

Here´s the link :

Edited by kilkkinen

I have Duke´s 20kg´s plate. I did 43 sec. with my right hand and my lefty 49 sec.

Here´s the link:

My gosh! Matti, you da man! :rock:bow

Rules:

1. A 45lb plate is required. No hub devices.

2. Plate cannot be tilted past 45 degrees.

3. Plate can only make contact with the single gripping hand, no bracing allowed.

4. Video proof is required to be in the top 5.

5. After a time for each hand is submitted for a combined total, individual times for each hand can be improved on later.

Timed Hold

...................................LH/RH.........Total Seconds

1. kilkkinen..................49/43..........92

2. Rendy......................28/31..........59

3. shorn.......................25/32..........57

4. cemery....................15/35..........50

5. stew2......................13/36..........49

6. Paul Knight.............20/26...........46

7. Lukeamdman..........18/27..........45

8. Incindium................17/8............25

9. Strongmantobe.........6/14..........20

Max Weight

1. kilkkinen...................66*

2. cemery....................65

3. Lukeamdman...........57.5

4. vikingsrule92...........50

5. bencrush.................49.8

*Both hands

I have Duke´s 20kg´s plate. I did 43 sec. with my right hand and my lefty 49 sec.

Here´s the link:

My gosh! Matti, you da man! :rock:bow

Thank´s Paul :)

Matti,

That is amazing!!!!! You are the hub master. :blink:whacked:bow

Luke, the best I have on video is 65 lbs, but only one hand :erm

I have got 70 one hand but no vid.

Matti,

That is amazing!!!!! You are the hub master. :blink:whacked:bow

Luke, the best I have on video is 65 lbs, but only one hand :erm

I have got 70 one hand but no vid.

The max weight category is only one hand. We're not going to combine the weight from each hand or anything.