The Hub Challenge

lukeamdman

Rules:

1. A 45lb plate is required. No hub devices.

2. Plate must be lifted from the from the floor and a flat surface.

3. Plate cannot be tilted past 45 degrees.

4. Plate can only make contact with the single gripping hand, no bracing allowed.

5. Video proof is required to be in the top 5.

6. After a time for each hand is submitted for a combined total, individual times for each hand can be improved on later.

Timed Hold

...................................LH/RH.........Total Seconds

1. kilkkinen..................52/56..........108

2. Rendy......................28/31..........59

3. shorn.......................25/32..........57

4. cemery....................15/35..........50

4. Paul Knight.............20/30...........50

6. stew2......................13/36..........49

7. Lukeamdman..........18/27..........45

8. Incindium................17/8............25

9. Strongmantobe.........6/14..........20

Max Weight

1. kilkkinen.....................72.6

2. Florian Kellersmann....66

3. cemery.......................65

4. Strongmantobe..........60.5

5. Lukeamdman.............57.5

6. gripzilla.....................56

7. vikingsrule92.............50*

8. bencrush...................49.8

*Both hands

Was messing around with this last week didn't have anyone to film till later only one I got filmed was with the extra 5#. I was able to get with 7 extra but didn't have my photographer around I'll get it agian and get a video. The plate is calibrated at 46.1# and 1-2.5# is 2.4# and the other is 2.5# so a total of 51#. I'm going to try to get a hold of a different plate for the deep stuff my Schsiler is a killer best I've ever gotten on it was 60# and from the looks of the numbers it's going to take more than that.

Was messing around with this last week didn't have anyone to film till later only one I got filmed was with the extra 5#. I was able to get with 7 extra but didn't have my photographer around I'll get it agian and get a video. The plate is calibrated at 46.1# and 1-2.5# is 2.4# and the other is 2.5# so a total of 51#. I'm going to try to get a hold of a different plate for the deep stuff my Schsiler is a killer best I've ever gotten on it was 60# and from the looks of the numbers it's going to take more than that.

nice lift stew with a hub that only has a 3/4 inch hub cap brand also has a good deep hub almost like a hampton i just saw them today

J,M&J! I don't think I've seen a plate that shallow lifted before! Nevermind with added weight!

Thanks but it's definitely been done checkout the video of Brain Shaw that Wade put up few days back he does the old yorks that are even shallower and have a slope. I've done them before but not as easy as him .KIlkinen did the same ones I believe along with Florian and a couple others.Wade can do these with ease long back before anyone even tryed shallow ones.

Rules:

4. Plate can only make contact with the single gripping hand, no bracing allowed.

6. After a time for each hand is submitted for a combined total, individual times for each hand can be improved on later.

Timed Hold

7. Lukeamdman..........18/27..........45

Max Weight

6. gripzilla.....................56

7. stew2........................51

8. vikingsrule92.............50*

9. bencrush...................49.8

*Both hands

Me too Ben. Gonna take a shot at it fresh tomorrow. So far I have done enough to be dead last for timed hold and 7th for max weight.

@Flo or Matti:

You're living in Europe like me but I don't find shops which sell olympic plates with long Hub.

The only mark I know in France is Marcy but their plates have not a hub

Matti: you say that you found a duke's plate in a secondhand shop but where did you find your old York's plates ?

I search Ivanko/York/Hampton/Duke/Troy plates , let me know if you know shops which sell this type of plates

Rules:

Timed Hold

7. Lukeamdman..........20/27..........47

10. Bob Lipinski............10/9..........19

Max Weight

5. Bob Lipinski...............57.5

7. gripzilla.....................56

8. stew2........................51

9. vikingsrule92.............50*

10. bencrush.................49.8

*Both hands

I increased my LH time by 2 seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keM97NsbHr4

@Flo or Matti:

You're living in Europe like me but I don't find shops which sell olympic plates with long Hub.

The only mark I know in France is Marcy but their plates have not a hub

Matti: you say that you found a duke's plate in a secondhand shop but where did you find your old York's plates ?

I search Ivanko/York/Hampton/Duke/Troy plates , let me know if you know shops which sell this type of plates

Jul54,

I bought those York plates from Finnish Powerlifting star, Ano Turtiainen. He is using only Leoko plates and those

were out of use there, so I bought those.

Edited by kilkkinen

I did this tonight wanted to try out my new video camera I got for christmas

not sure if it counts for your challenge but I did it anways. It's on a 35# plate because I have 2 of them and they're the easisest hubs I have since all the videos I've seen so far are alot easier hubs than my deep 45 or my shallows I used them. Think I'm good for more but didn't have room on the 35 for more wieght I was out of small standard plates all I had left were bigger olympics and I kept knocking them off with my fingers. So here it is and if you do consider it I might try loading these and doing timed holds to get better times. Going to have to give the fingers a rest though they're pretty sore from bending horseshoes all weekend from the shoes Nick got me for Christmas.

I got a 52lb hub lift with both hands today. No video though but since its not a top 5 lift it really doesn't matter I guess.

Last week I did end up getting the set of Ivanko deep dish plates that I had seen at Play It Again Sports. I was able to try them out and they are more difficult than my other pair that I got the 52lbs with today. They Ivanko hubs aren't quite as deep and they have more of a slope. I figure though it'll be good to train on both.

not sure if it counts for your challenge but I did it anways. It's on a 35# plate because I have 2 of them and they're the easisest hubs I have since all the videos I've seen so far are alot easier hubs than my deep 45 or my shallows I used them. Think I'm good for more but didn't have room on the 35 for more wieght I was out of small standard plates all I had left were bigger olympics and I kept knocking them off with my fingers. So here it is and if you do consider it I might try loading these and doing timed holds to get better times. Going to have to give the fingers a rest though they're pretty sore from bending horseshoes all weekend from the shoes Nick got me for Christmas.

That's a great lift Stew! It's not quite the same as doing it on a 45lb plate though. Although I know exactly what you mean about all the other hubs being much easier than the monster you were using. From the little bit of hubbing I've done it seems like I can get almost 15lbs more total weight when I use a 25 as the base hub. About 10lbs more when I use a 35 as the base hub.

I have no doubt that you are strong enough to do 60 with a 45 as the base though. No dig on your strength man.

That's a great lift Stew! It's not quite the same as doing it on a 45lb plate though. Although I know exactly what you mean about all the other hubs being much easier than the monster you were using. From the little bit of hubbing I've done it seems like I can get almost 15lbs more total weight when I use a 25 as the base hub. About 10lbs more when I use a 35 as the base hub.

I have no doubt that you are strong enough to do 60 with a 45 as the base though. No dig on your strength man.

Thanks Ben , don't worry I won't loose any sleep if it isn't counted I know what I can do on what if anyone doubts it I will show the proof when I get a chance.Next chance I get I'm going to get a vid of my shallow one with 15# extra(which will still be the same spot on the list with the deep hubs doesn't gain me anything or loose)

You might have misunderstood Stew. I've met you and seen you in action at contests man. I don't doubt your strength for a minute. I was just being the voice of reason since I appreciate it when others here point out things like the lighter hub base making for an easier lift with the same total weight. It's also kind of fascinating in the physics aspect. I don't think I could duplicate your shallow hub lift with a year of training. The closest I've come to that is hub lifting a very strange-hubbed 35 every once in a while. I'd have to measure it, but the hub is extremely shallow and very wide on one of the 35s I have. I haven't seen any other 45lb hubbers hub lift it, but I haven't had Josh Dale or Jason Payne try yet. I bet they'd smoke it. And of course you'd clean or snatch it, considering what you're doing with the shallow-hubbed 45 of yours.

My cousin showed me how to convert the video so I have sound and the video quality is better.

Video here of 60.5 lb hub lift

Thanks Ben , don't worry I won't loose any sleep if it isn't counted I know what I can do on what if anyone doubts it I will show the proof when I get a chance.Next chance I get I'm going to get a vid of my shallow one with 15# extra(which will still be the same spot on the list with the deep hubs doesn't gain me anything or loose)

I have been thinking about this alot lately. I called Paul after training at my brothers house. He has some decent hub plates. He has some 25's that are even tapered backwards, I mean they are VERY easy, no challenge. I have no doubt that tremendous amount of weight could be lifted with this hub. SO. . . if there are 25's out there like this there must be 45's out there also. I guess what I'm trying to get at is even the same brand of plates vary a ton, so comparing is like apples to oranges. This list is great but the truest form of finding out who is the best would be in contest form , everybody on the same hub the same day. I am looking at this list as more of a motivator tool, although I am sure that the list is a pretty good representation of our strength levels, it is not perfect, never will be eh ? I think this list will raise the bar of hub lifts and help alot of folks to get new PR's.

I have been thinking about this alot lately. I called Paul after training at my brothers house. He has some decent hub plates. He has some 25's that are even tapered backwards, I mean they are VERY easy, no challenge. I have no doubt that tremendous amount of weight could be lifted with this hub. SO. . . if there are 25's out there like this there must be 45's out there also. I guess what I'm trying to get at is even the same brand of plates vary a ton, so comparing is like apples to oranges. This list is great but the truest form of finding out who is the best would be in contest form , everybody on the same hub the same day. I am looking at this list as more of a motivator tool, although I am sure that the list is a pretty good representation of our strength levels, it is not perfect, never will be eh ? I think this list will raise the bar of hub lifts and help alot of folks to get new PR's.

Casey - you should see how much you could hub on that 25 for shitz and giggles

Casey - you should see how much you could hub on that 25 for shitz and giggles

I may someday for shoots and googles.

this post seems to be going down hill like the blob lift :blush its like everybody is falling into the same weight same size same texture same paint bla bla that would be fine if every body was making a ton of money being the best hub lifter blob lifter etc etc its not possible for all the best lifters of every implement to be at the same place and time and some of us dont care to compete but can do good in some of the lifts most of the guys on this list are the best hub lifters on this board there are some here that didnt even do the list if i didnt have a broken finger i would of been on the list for sure but in the final result it dosent seem to count at all if some one uses a outward hub to lift with im sure sooner than later they will fail and show they arent what they seem . i hope we can all just lift make progress and have fun :D

No need to go all crazy, this is just for fun.

MGC 7 is having the hub lift as an event. We should get some nice numbers there.

this post seems to be going down hill like the blob lift :blush its like everybody is falling into the same weight same size same texture same paint bla bla that would be fine if every body was making a ton of money being the best hub lifter blob lifter etc etc its not possible for all the best lifters of every implement to be at the same place and time and some of us dont care to compete but can do good in some of the lifts most of the guys on this list are the best hub lifters on this board there are some here that didnt even do the list if i didnt have a broken finger i would of been on the list for sure but in the final result it dosent seem to count at all if some one uses a outward hub to lift with im sure sooner than later they will fail and show they arent what they seem . i hope we can all just lift make progress and have fun :D

Well speaking :)