The Hub Challenge

lukeamdman

I manage to improve my PR Hublift timehold, right 56sec and left 52sec. Also I did Hublift max 33kg. I tried 36.5kgs,but it only game half away up.

Rules:

1. A 45lb plate is required. No hub devices.

2. Plate cannot be tilted past 45 degrees.

3. Plate can only make contact with the single gripping hand, no bracing allowed.

4. Video proof is required to be in the top 5.

5. After a time for each hand is submitted for a combined total, individual times for each hand can be improved on later.

Question: Does the hub have to lifted off the ground? Or can it be elevated on a small stool at the onset?

How much do think braces along the rim of the plate help?

Let's go with it being lifted off the ground.

As far as bracing goes, I've never done it so I'm not sure how much it helps. A few others on the board have indicated it does help, and because of that, even if it only helps a little, is not allowed.

Sounds good. Thanks.

Edited by gripzilla

I manage to improve my PR Hublift timehold, right 56sec and left 52sec. Also I did Hublift max 33kg. I tried 36.5kgs,but it only game half away up.

:whacked:whacked:whacked

machine!!!!!!! :bow

Here´s the link Hublift max lift 33kg´s. Widescreen set is wrong, thats why the video looks weird.

Edited by kilkkinen

Here´s the link Hublift max lift 33kg´s. Widescreen set is wrong, thats why the video looks weird.

:blink

:bow :bow :bow

Rules:

3. Plate can only make contact with the single gripping hand, no bracing allowed.

5. After a time for each hand is submitted for a combined total, individual times for each hand can be improved on later.

Question: Does the hub have to lifted off the ground? Or can it be elevated on a small stool at the onset?

As far as bracing goes, I've never done it so I'm not sure how much it helps. A few others on the board have indicated it does help, and because of that, even if it only helps a little, is not allowed.

What do you guys mean by braces along the rim?

Matti those times are just ridiculous. I think they will stand for awhile. Great hubbing man.

I was at Play it Again sports today and noticed that they had a pair of old looking deep dish Ivanko 45's for only $23 a plate. I'm now thinking about going back there and getting them. Anyone use these for hubbing? The thing that sucks is that I'm recovering from surgery right now so not supposed to be lifting more than 20lbs so I won't be able to try them before I buy them(plus I'll have to have someone carry them to my car for me).

Edited by Incindium

i said befor they were good for hubbing if you don't like them you can sell then for much more than that look up how much they cost :blush

Here´s the timehold R 56 L 52sec :

Nice work heck of a hold! what brand of plates are those I've never seen any with the ribs in that configuration.

Rules:

2. Plate must be lifted from the from the floor and a flat surface.

3. Plate cannot be tilted past 45 degrees.

4. Plate can only make contact with the single gripping hand, no bracing allowed.

5. Video proof is required to be in the top 5.

6. After a time for each hand is submitted for a combined total, individual times for each hand can be improved on later.

Timed Hold

...................................LH/RH.........Total Seconds

1. kilkkinen..................52/56..........108

2. Rendy......................28/31..........59

3. shorn.......................25/32..........57

4. cemery....................15/35..........50

5. stew2......................13/36..........49

6. Paul Knight.............20/26...........46

7. Lukeamdman..........18/27..........45

8. Incindium................17/8............25

9. Strongmantobe.........6/14..........20

Max Weight

1. kilkkinen..................72.6

2. Florian Kellersmann..66

3. cemery....................65

4. Strongmantobe........60.5

5. Lukeamdman...........57.5

6. vikingsrule92...........50*

7. bencrush.................49.8

*Both hands

Awesome thread very motivational! Does anyone know what the all time record is? I've about an old time strong man doing 90lb. Also be sure and post if anyone finds any 100lb plates with normal hubs. =) Keep up the great work guys!

Luke,

I held it for 30sec on my right - shoot me your email in a PM and I'll send you the vid - I've got way too many vids on me youtube, I wanna start cleaning it up. thanks

Rules:

What do you guys mean by braces along the rim?

Matti those times are just ridiculous. I think they will stand for awhile. Great hubbing man.

Thanks man! Hubbing is one of the funniest event what I know. You can control the lift very well.

Awesome thread very motivational! Does anyone know what the all time record is? I've about an old time strong man doing 90lb. Also be sure and post if anyone finds any 100lb plates with normal hubs. =) Keep up the great work guys!

I would like to also find 100 lbs plate somewhere :)

Here´s the timehold R 56 L 52sec :

Nice work heck of a hold! what brand of plates are those I've never seen any with the ribs in that configuration.

Stew2,

Those are York Company´s other brand "Duke" I have bought those plate´s here in Finland, secondhand sport shop. Those plate were

only 20 Euros/plate and 15kg´s plates 15 Euros/plate. I have also Old York 20kg´s plates, which have very wide and shallow hub.

Edited by kilkkinen

guys congratulations on all the big lifts :rock please dont set the max weight and timed hold too high :blink i broke my right index finger 3 weeks ago and i would of got into this challenge my favorite lift but i missed out so good luck i will be in the shadows in the future :D

Rules:

2. Plate must be lifted from the from the floor and a flat surface.

3. Plate cannot be tilted past 45 degrees.

4. Plate can only make contact with the single gripping hand, no bracing allowed.

5. Video proof is required to be in the top 5.

6. After a time for each hand is submitted for a combined total, individual times for each hand can be improved on later.

Timed Hold

...................................LH/RH.........Total Seconds

1. kilkkinen..................52/56..........108

2. Rendy......................28/31..........59

3. shorn.......................25/32..........57

4. cemery....................15/35..........50

4. Paul Knight.............20/30...........50

6. stew2......................13/36..........49

7. Lukeamdman..........18/27..........45

8. Incindium................17/8............25

9. Strongmantobe.........6/14..........20

Max Weight

1. kilkkinen....................72.6

2. Florian Kellersmann....66

3. cemery......................65

4. Strongmantobe..........60.5

5. Lukeamdman.............57.5

6. vikingsrule92.............50*

7. bencrush...................49.8

*Both hands

guys congratulations on all the big lifts :rock please dont set the max weight and timed hold too high :blink i broke my right index finger 3 weeks ago and i would of got into this challenge my favorite lift but i missed out so good luck i will be in the shadows in the future :D

Hope you get soon better, I want to see your big holds and timeholds :) All the best for recovering :)