The Hub Challenge

lukeamdman

Seeing all of Casey's hub work inspired me to start doing the lifts again. I haven't done hub lifts in probably 3-4 months.

So why not do a challenge and see how long we can hold these things? Since there's 6 inches of snow in my yard, I can't really do a farmers walk.

What I would like to do is time both a LH and RH hold with a 45lb plate and then combine those times.

LH:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFXF8_RCQyA

18 seconds

RH:

27 seconds

Combined that's 45 seconds.

Let's see what you can do! (go easy one my feeble attempts!)

Seeing all of Casey's hub work inspired me to start doing the lifts again. I haven't done hub lifts in probably 3-4 months.

So why not do a challenge and see how long we can hold these things? Since there's 6 inches of snow in my yard, I can't really do a farmers walk.

What I would like to do is time both a LH and RH hold with a 45lb plate and then combine those times.

LH:

18 seconds

RH:

27 seconds

What kinda plates are you guys using? All the ones at my gyms have either NO hub or are sloped.. If I can find plates to try I'd like to give it a go

LH:

18 seconds

RH:

27 seconds

What kinda plates are you guys using? All the ones at my gyms have either NO hub or are sloped.. If I can find plates to try I'd like to give it a go

Mine are made by Hampton.

LH:

18 seconds

RH:

27 seconds

Just posted in another thread. http://www.med1online.com/p-31031-hampton-...late-gi-45.aspx

Nice job Luke. That looks tough. 27 sec is a long time when your holding that thing. I will give it a go soon and let you know.

Ill try tomorow, not sure when I will have the video up, I have never put up a video before.

Ill try tomorow, not sure when I will have the video up, I have never put up a video before.

Couldn't wait until tomorow :)

Won't have a video, but it wont matter as I will not be in the running.

right hand 14 seconds

left hand 6 seconds. Horrible with the left!

Combined for 20 seconds

Great lift Luke! 27 seconds is a looong time to be holding!

Can I jump in using the IM hub? My left is slightly injured but im fine righty.

sounds fun - I'll try soon. My left is gonna kill me in this :rolleyes

sounds fun - I'll try soon. My left is gonna kill me in this :rolleyes

Me too.

Sorry man, but I'd like to keep it to plates because they tend to be harder for most.

Are you guys doing both at the same time or one at a time.

Well, just gave it a quick try before diner tonight.

R\H 35 sec

L\H 15 sec

Total of 50 sec. Time goes by slowly when doing that.

Just got done with my workout gave it a try did 36sec. RH and 13sec. LH with my standard shallow 45 with the wide hub wieghed it on my wife's ebay scale weighs 46.0. Then did my deep schsiller weighs 46.8 got 27sec. RH and 11sec. LH should of took a rest in between was off quite a bit with the deep one.I need to start training this ( along with everything else) agian so I can start working on getting the Hampton's with weight added on agian. I messed with the york shallows the other night and have a video but for some reason it won't load I'll see if I can get it on the farm board then link it when I get a chance.Good job on the times Casey thats a long hold on the RH!

Just got done with my workout gave it a try did 36sec. RH and 13sec. LH with my standard shallow 45 with the wide hub wieghed it on my wife's ebay scale weighs 46.0. Then did my deep schsiller weighs 46.8 got 27sec. RH and 11sec. LH should of took a rest in between was off quite a bit with the deep one.I need to start training this ( along with everything else) agian so I can start working on getting the Hampton's with weight added on agian. I messed with the york shallows the other night and have a video but for some reason it won't load I'll see if I can get it on the farm board then link it when I get a chance.Good job on the times Casey thats a long hold on the RH!

Dang, good one. This one is gonna eat at me I know. Looks like for now the mark to shoot for is around 60 sec total. Fun stuff here, I was planning on taking a break from hubbing to concentrate on DL's, but now that is not an option. :laugh

I will talk to Paul. Next time he goes to Metroflex I bet Rendy Delacruz could hold em for a while. That dude is a hubfreak.

Excellent!!

Here are the results thus far:

.................................LH/RH.........Total Seconds

1. cemery...................15/35..........50

2. stew2.....................13/36..........49

3. Lukeamdman..........18/27..........45

4. Strongmantobe.........6/14..........20

I know there are some huge numbers left out there!

Edited by lukeamdman

Sorry man, but I'd like to keep it to plates because they tend to be harder for most.

Thats cool...im not 100% sure the consensus is that plates are easier (decent plates) than an IM hub (new version) but hey what do I know I have never even seen a good hublifting plate in person :blink All the best with the numbers boys :rock

correction

stew2

RH 36

LH 13

thats what Luke has down - ding dong, is anyone home? :laugh .......... Casey's prolly gonna punch me for that :laugh

Very stong hubbin Casey and Stew!

this is a super cool comp Luke! - great idea!

Rendy IS going to do very well at this - Casey is right ....... I'm healding out there tomorrow, I'll take the camera.

To tell you the truth I haven't been doingthese or anyhting else much for the last 6months or so but after doing them a couple times agian after the break the shallow wide hubs are feeling better than the deep ones.I'mm hoping on getting a video sometime soon with the shllow Yorks double lifted but still got a little ways to go.

To tell you the truth I haven't been doingthese or anyhting else much for the last 6months or so but after doing them a couple times agian after the break the shallow wide hubs are feeling better than the deep ones.I'mm hoping on getting a video sometime soon with the shllow Yorks double lifted but still got a little ways to go.

You will get them. I know you can.

I just did these tonight at the end of my workout. My results:

8 sec R

17 sec L

My right hand was feeling weak because of lifting heavy in the 1HDL earlier in the workout. I'll have to give this another go some weeknight when I'm fresh.