Fbbc Crusher ?

yohechris

27 minutes ago, IROC-Z said:

I've spent a lot of time training on both the RT and the 2.5" Crusher.  The biggest difference that I've noticed is that over time the RT will slowly lose some of its free spinning ability, where as the Crusher will continue to spin freely no matter how much you use it.  The newer RT's are definitely great looking, but I think it's easy to get false gains on them........in other words, you think you're getting a lot stronger, but what is actually happening is the handle is not spinning as freely as it once did.  I've always found the difference in weight I could lift on the two implements was huge.  I'm usually good for 50 pounds more on the RT than on the 2.5" Crusher.

That’s an insane difference. For me it is less than 20. I can do 183 on 2.5 crusher and 201.5 on RT. But I never trained on RT... only Crusher. If you have a crusher I feel there is no need to train an RT

3 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That’s an insane difference. For me it is less than 20. I can do 183 on 2.5 crusher and 201.5 on RT. But I never trained on RT... only Crusher. If you have a crusher I feel there is no need to train an RT

We stopped tracking the rolling thunder on the NAGS list a couple years back because they vary so much. Since it’s just a plastic sleeve rotating over metal there are ones that spin more or less making it to variable for a good comparison. The crusher is way more consistent 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chez said:

We stopped tracking the rolling thunder on the NAGS list a couple years back because they vary so much. Since it’s just a plastic sleeve rotating over metal there are ones that spin more or less making it to variable for a good comparison. The crusher is way more consistent 

No doubt Chezz

I only think of one person when there is mention of  FBBC crusher's. Tanner's  2.5" crusher pull of 225.2lbs(he made it look easy) at KK at 83k BWT class is beyond human. His 237lb on the 2" crusher over 18 months ago was siick, too!!

• Like 2

The reason I got rid of my Crusher in 2015 is that I wanted to increase my Rolling Thunder numbers. It didn't, so I got rid of it. I think I decided that for me, if I want to increase my Rolling Thunder AND Crusher numbers, is to work the Axle. The Axle makes me stronger, and if I am stronger, I will lift more on both. And, working either of those implements did nothing for my Axle numbers. So, my preferred Thick Bar is the Axle. 

55 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

The reason I got rid of my Crusher in 2015 is that I wanted to increase my Rolling Thunder numbers. It didn't, so I got rid of it. I think I decided that for me, if I want to increase my Rolling Thunder AND Crusher numbers, is to work the Axle. The Axle makes me stronger, and if I am stronger, I will lift more on both. And, working either of those implements did nothing for my Axle numbers. So, my preferred Thick Bar is the Axle. 

See the opposite is true for me. Working axle does not make my thick rolling handle numbers go up... working crusher 2.5 does make my RT go up. The axle being only 2 inches is a hindrance for the bigger diameter and spinning handle. For me, working axle only makes axle better.