Best Armwrestler Ever

darthsith19

Who has the best right arm ever (in an open weight cetegory, not lbs for lbs)?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. ???

• John Brzenk (The Legend, in his prime - Boomtown anybody?)
    • Alexey Voevoda (The Russian Warrior / The Beast from the East)
    • Richard Lupkes (in his prime of course)
    • Gary Goodridge (in his prime)
    • Cleve Dean (Mr. Armbreaker, 450+ lbs)
    • Someone else (please say who)

Wow, this was my first year in grip and I can't really decide. 2008 was a great year!

For grip:

MM1, and I did close the MM2 :)

Blob50

170lb+ pound grippers

60lb hub lift with a plate

2hp 185lb's

Weight lifting:

320lb bench!

Even though she's not there " Mary Poppins" cos o' the magic et al! :)

:laugh you crack me up Mike

I haven't read this entire thread, bur I watched Gary Goodridge's video (beginning of thread) and is that the same Gary as the MMA fighter? looks just like him! and @ 2:08 in the video did he punch that guy? and who was that guy - kinda looked like brzenk

That is the very same Gary Goodridge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darthsith19

• mightyjoe

• lifesnotfair

• fightertrainer

I voted for John because I think that he is the best, however, I think that Ron Bath deserves to be on the list he dominated left, right, light-heavy, and heavy, didn't matter he was a beast. I also really like Travis Bagent, I am no arm wrestler myself but I have followed the sport and wanted to throw in my couple of cents.

Ron and Travis are great no doubt but I don't think either of them would do anything to Devon (current), Voevoda (from 2004-2007), Goodride (1994-1995) or John (from his prime). Unless Ron was stronger in the past. btw I am talking about matches between these guys not who has the most successful career. What I am saying is like take the best 10 armwrestlers ever from their peaks and put them in a class together at a tournament who will most likely come out on top, right handed.

If John wins who do you guys think would win between Voevoda in his prime vs. Devon Larratt right now best of 6 or Gary Goodridge in his prime vs. Devon Larratt?

Edited by Josh H

I will say that in his prime Ron was a threat to anyone and Travis does not get enough credit. He is the only guy who busted Voevoda, and I think he woulda been alot of trouble for goodrich's style too.

Ron Bath told me at nats this year that when Travis is healthy and "ON" he can piss through just about anyone.............regardless of what shape they are in.

Anyhow, I like them 3, very strong arguments on all 3 parts, but I believe a 100 % on point Voevoda woulda beat Devon, remember Devon beat ron,john,and travis while they were quite not on their games and all battling some injuries.

I am not talkin s h i t about Devon, I will take a win on an unhealthy anyone of the above any time.............anyone would.

Point is that voevoda got a more prepared and healthier john, ron, travis, girdner, taras.....................and made it look easy.

If all are taking the same supplements...........Then hands down, John and in easy fashion. Even without equal supplements and John is Healthy, I go with John.

Side note. Travis would of beat Gary G all day long. His style fits perfect for Travis to win.

However, today I would go with Devon.

If all are taking the same supplements...........Then hands down, John and in easy fashion. Even without equal supplements and John is Healthy, I go with John.

Side note. Travis would of beat Gary G all day long. His style fits perfect for Travis to win.

However, today I would go with Devon.

What kind of supplements?

Mighty Joe

we know John is best right handed but who is #1 left handed? :D I know Travis has been good for a long time but i dont know the history of left handed AW all time