Beefbuilder or COC

Guest james

I just wanna know whats the difference between a Beefbuilder and a COC. I'm planning to purchase a Beefbuilder because they say that it helps close the gap in COC training. Are they old stock from ironmind or are they just completely different? They look exactly the same.  

Your feedback would be helpful.

JAMES

The Beefbuilder grippers are made by Warren Tetting, who used to make the Ironmind grippers.  The Beefbuilder Master is the old #2 gripper, and the one that I have falls in between my #2 and #3 in difficulty, and was a nice gripper to have in order to help close the gap on the #3.  The person on this board who probably knows the most about the old Ironmind grippers is Richard Sorin, Grip Legend.

(Edited by 3Crusher at 8:14 am on Aug. 10, 2001)

I have an address for Warren, if you'd like to contact him.  He makes custom grippers to your liking - just tell him what you want and he'll do it.  Here's his address:

Warren Tetting

1063 West 7th Street

Saint Paul, MN   55102

I do have his phone number, but I won't give it out here.  Just write to him for a response.  I don't believe he has a website or an e-mail address.  If someone does have it - post it here in this thread.  :)

Small world!  I'm a Twin Cities native.  Still live here.  I know exactly where that is in St. Paul.  That oughta cut down on shipping if I have a custom one made ;)

BC.

• 1 month later...
Guest kINGPIN

I know that there are indescrepancies with all gripper closing torque (unless you purchase a calibrated one) .  But are all BB masters somewhere in between the #2 and #3?  In other words, is it risky buying a beefbuilder for this purpose.

There was one report of someone buying a BB Master and it was too easy, less than a #2 (maybe it was Pedro, I can't remember).  I think he said the handles were not mounted as deep.  I think he sent it back and received another that was a "2.5."   The account of this is on the old GripBoard.  Bottom line, I think it is safe to buy a Master in order to get a gripper stronger than the #2, but less than the #3.

Guest kINGPIN

Thanx for the advice Tom.  If the risk is minimal then it will be worth the money.  That is on my list for grip toys as I do not intend to buy a HH or similar.

My master is also easier than my #2...

however, this is because my #2 is much harder than most 2s. i first thought my 2 was hard when i could close my 1 for about 20 reps but i couldn't close my 2 when others on the board were closing their 2s at about 12 reps on the 1. next (based on discussions here) i measured the distance between the handles to be about 76-78mm wide!(even a little wider than my master). i have closed my #2 (a rep or two on a good day) but i can rep the master for about 6. just to make sure i tested a friends 2, his 2 felt very narrow and easy by comparison.

The moral of the story: only pda can tell you how strong/weak your 2 is compared to the bb's