2nd Annual Northwest Grip Exegesis And Realisation

twig

Just so you can all see if youlike the look of the gym, here are the details: -

PRIMAL FITNESS

32 Viaduct Street, M3 7AW

Phone Simon on 07828 604013

Email on info@primalfitness.co.uk

Website www.primalfitness.co.uk

My item I may bring weighs 56lbs, that is all I will say for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I'm not going to be able to do it this time, I've had a wrist injury which is on the mend, but haven't been able to train a lot of stuff. I'll have to check out that gym some time though, it sounds pretty sweet!

All the best for any who make it today. :)

Well, we're all done and dusted now the final line up was...me and Fred! Mike had already told me he couldn’t make it due to the distance, I’ve had a very apologetic Max tell me he got his weekends mixed up and thought it was next week, and as for tricker383…well, after all his bold claims he just didn’t show, read into that what you will.

I’d already said that most of my lifts would be token ones, because with tennis elbow before New Year, and sciatica since, I've only trained one or two days in about 5 weeks, and the sciatica still isn't fully gone, but with just the 2 of us, I decided to grit my teeth, ignore the pain and carry on regardless. We did the events just how we would have done if there had been 10 of us, results as follows.

Grippers: C.O.C. #1.5, #2, #2.5, 2.8 GM, #3.1 (calibrated), #3.5.

We were both stymied by the 3.1, which we both should have got, so we were both worried it was going to be a bad day. Result: a draw.

2.5" FBBC Crusher. Starting weight 40Kg moving up 5Kg per attempt

I made it up to 55Kg, Fred got 60 with loads left in the tank, a win for Fred. The crusher is a sweet piece of kit, and MUCH harder than the RT.

1" vbar. Starting weight 80Kg moving up 5Kg per attempt

I just barely failed on 135Kg, Fred failed twice but on his last attempt got it to full deadlift, Fred won, but considering last year I maxed out at 80Kg I can't be too disappointed! (whoopie!), plus I feel I officially have my vbar wings now, cos I left skin on the bar lifting 130Kg.

Weaver stick to the rear

Because there were only 2 of us competing we were knackered by this point (less time to rest between attempts), so we went pretty briskly, I got a PR of 3KG, after my first attempt (2.5Kg) my lower back, which had been getting steadily worse, caught fire, so I had to take the pain meds I had been prescribed, so rather than try and push my PB any further I left it at that. Fred (who was always going to win this event) pulled 6.5Kg like it wasn't even there!

Sofa Medley: Blob30, HGT's 15Kg blob(33lbs), 37.5Kg legacy blob(39lbs), PDA blobette loaded to 42lbs, HGT's 20Kg Blob(45lbs), HGT's 67Kg "adolescent" Inch(152lbs), 56lb scaleweight, HGT's 25Kg Blob(53.5lbs) Inch.

Which looks like this: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8349

My attempt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZsQzha6XOc

Fred:

I also thought this was next week but wasn't going to compete anyways (not that it wasn't fun last year) - good work on the v-bar twig! how did you train to improve it so much? an nice work on the weaver fred! 6.5k is not so easy. Ill see you guys at the brits if your competing.

Great fortitude! It's good to hear you went through with things as planned. Sciatica has kept me from trying heavy lifts as well, but at this point I also want to say screw it, I'm in. Sounds like you had a good time, keep it up!

Thanks to twig as always for being so enerous with training info and kit loans. Thanks also for your comments.

Paul, I definately had more in the tank on Weaver and will hopefully get the inch and big old blob soon enough. Nationals will be on the cards again this year for me I think.

good work on the v-bar twig!
Thanx.
how did you train to improve it so much?
:blush I didn't! :blush I've hardly touched the vbar this year! I can only put it down to 2 cycles of KTA!
nice work on the weaver fred! 6.5k is not so easy.
It was easy for him; sometime this year I'll make him have a go at Steve's WR!

Fred: you have the Inch and the Blob to work for, I have the "Adolescent Inch" and the 20Kg Blob to work for, I hate the term "co-dependant" let's use the term "mutual motivation", eh? :D

Nice gripping Twig and Fred! Thanks for sharing the interesting results and highlights.

Twig, we had a 3 man comp down here in AZ and it was still freaking awesome so I'm sure it was still a fun comp. Congrats to the both of you!!!