2nd Annual Northwest Grip Exegesis And Realisation

twig

Or A.N.G.E.R. for short

I will be hosting another Grip Meet on the 3rd Saturday in January at my house, my toys, my rules.

Will Savage retain his title?

Will Fred show the improvement I hope for and take it from him?

Will I place better than last?

All these questions and more will be answered at ANGER!

Who's in?

Grippers.

Rolling Thunder.

VBar.

A levering event to be decided.

A N Other event. Possibly IM Little Big Horn.

Sofa medley...but this time...BOTH sofas! One sofa has my stuff, the other sofa has your item, but you have to lift your item first.

Then tea/cakes/beer/pizza.

presumably each event will be just one hand, if so perhaps if there's four events that are hand specific you could stipulate that each person has to compete in 2 events right handed and 2 left (competitors choice) ?

yeh should be competing in this

i think doing it like last times alright, picking which hand you want to use yourself for each event, however i think with the medley you should be able to use either hand

does the medley item have to be something you have to load onto a sofa or is it just a feat?

does the medley item have to be something you have to load onto a sofa or is it just a feat?
What did you have in mind?

i thought it was supposed to be a surprise? it's just i cant really bring owt heavy as all my stuffs in gloucester

• 2 weeks later...

I've thought about this and yes, you can use either hand on the medley, but as it's the sofa medley it has to be something you can load, so blocks, blobs, stones (not atlas stones!) or something like a sledge with a coin balanced on it.

Just a reminder that everyone will need to renew their subscription (or take out a new one) as they expire on 31st December.

Grippers.

Rolling Thunder.

VBar.

A levering event to be decided.

A N Other event. Possibly IM Little Big Horn.

Sofa medley...but this time...BOTH sofas! One sofa has my stuff, the other sofa has your item, but you have to lift your item first.

Then tea/cakes/beer/pizza.

Should mention it's an LGC VBar, not a 2"

Grippers are no set but will be choked to 2" spread.

Levering's going to be Weaver to the reverse again

Still working on the 5th event.

i wont have an item then, not unless i could use your inch

i wont have an item then, not unless i could use your inch

If I didn't know otherwise :D

:laugh:laugh HedTwig and the ANGER Inch! :laugh:laugh

• 2 weeks later...

I have secured the use of a gym called primal fitness, in manchester.

Went there today for a free and thoroughly brutal workout. The have no mirrors and only iron. No tv's, no machines just a huge climbiing frame, a million kettlebells, 2million plates and alot of space and it would be free so long as it gets a mention on the gripboard...

Ummmmmm

How do horses sound...gym horses lowered to sofa height?

if it's 6 or 7 5k plates it wouldn't be the best idea for me - i had a bash with laine yesterday, unfortunately everything in the gym was very moist an slippy for some reason, we were getting mud on our hands off the plates, but 5 felt very easy, i was walking them around the gym, however 6 would just bridge out. The same thing was happening with laine on 7 plates, 6 easy but 7 would bridge. My hands are big but at the end of the day, i could barely get the tip of my finger around the blob50 by the face, so they aint that big. 6 is probably possible if i stretched my hand out as much as i can an got perfect position, but not 7, not unless the plates were really thin

whos doing this comp though? not seeing names heres - if it's gonna be held at a gym we could get guys from the gym to compete also right? would be cool to get a decent number of competitors, id like to have steve and sam compete in this especially