Workout 11-12-02

Guest mg6680

I started w/suitcase lifts w/2 olympic bars.  In some of the research I was doing this weekend I read somewhere the single hand barbell lifting does wonders for the hand/forearms.  I started w/135 in each hand to get the feel of the exercise.  I could immediately tell it was an excellent leverage exercise - it was pretty easy to stable the bars w/135, but as the weight went up the bars started to see-saw on me (fingers spreading also).  I worked my way to 185 in each hand for a single.  An excellent body exercise and a great way to slowly strengthen my back for the thick bar DL.

I moved on to one arm DL w/the standard DB's.  I didn't think this would put much stress on the hand, but it did when the weight went up.  I worked my way up to a set of 4 w/a 200lb DB.  Both of the above exercises had a good cardio effect too.

I finished w/reverse curls w/a 2" bar, no thumbs.  This was the first time I tried this and it frys the forearms and fingers.  Worked up to a set of 3 w/a pair of 25's on the bar.

I'd highly recommend the one hand DB and bar lifting.  An excellent body and hand/forearm developer.  I can see why some of the old strongmen were so powerful.

Morgan

I'd highly recommend the one hand DB and bar lifting.  An excellent body and hand/forearm developer.  I can see why some of the old strongmen were so powerful.

I totally agree on that Morgan.

BTW, did you try the one arm barbell snatch ?

I think you would love it  ;)