Teemu's Certification

gmov

Thanks to everyone whose supported me. I have a plan which includes not only building a better grip but getting stronger overall as well. Failure only increases motivation to do all the required things better.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teemu I

• vikingsrule92

• Bill Piche

• ewokhugo

That was not an off day, that just looked like a flat out psycho gripper. Maybe it was a #4 with 3.5 stamped on the end ;) I wouldn't doubt it with Randall and his hatred for GB.

I haven't been around the GB very long, but I've heard it said several times now that Strossen hates this forum. What does he have against the GB? I would think that this forum helps to sell a lot of his equipment.

He's shown a lot of hatred towards us in his latest gripper articles. Never naming us specifically but saying things like "a certain internet forum led by a man who created a cheating program" This is just a paraphrase but it's obviously referring to Bill, KTA, and the GB. He's shown a lot of hatred to the MM process and MMS. Yes logically you shouldn't insult your biggest consumer and biggest source of revenue but Randall's not very intelligent ;)

That was not an off day, that just looked like a flat out psycho gripper. Maybe it was a #4 with 3.5 stamped on the end ;) I wouldn't doubt it with Randall and his hatred for GB.

I haven't been around the GB very long, but I've heard it said several times now that Strossen hates this forum. What does he have against the GB? I would think that this forum helps to sell a lot of his equipment.

He's shown a lot of hatred towards us in his latest gripper articles. Never naming us specifically but saying things like "a certain internet forum led by a man who created a cheating program" This is just a paraphrase but it's obviously referring to Bill, KTA, and the GB. He's shown a lot of hatred to the MM process and MMS. Yes logically you shouldn't insult your biggest consumer and biggest source of revenue but Randall's not very intelligent ;)

He even got a step closer by naming Kinney when subliminally referring to the KTA, as well as well as taking a pot-shot at Bill in the same sentence.

to sad to be true!

i cant believe this happend!

even if it was an off day for Temmu ... easely 190 lbs or higher.

Wow man that must have been an insane #3.5!!

Edited by Chrisx9118

He even got a step closer by naming Kinney when subliminally referring to the KTA, as well as well as taking a pot-shot at Bill in the same sentence.

Out of curiosity, why would KTA be referred to as a "cheating program"? I bought it, made it about halfway through and stopped because of some other circumstances. It was not easy, but it definitely helped me get stronger. Is the "cheating" referring to the MMS? If so, then I find it ridiculous. A CCS is definitely more difficult than an MMS, but I think the MMS is tough in and of itself and it also provides a stepping stone for a gripper.

Yes it's referring to MMS and the fact that since it's FAR better then Strossens non-working program that he recommends in his little intro to grippers packet you get when you order a gripper (it calls for pyramiding sets of 10 with CCS btw :rolleyes). Obviously since it's better then his he hates it. He didn't actually refer to it as a cheating program, but he does speak very negatively towards it, Bill, the GB, Kinney, and others (I can't find the link at the moment).

Sorry for the thread hijack Teemu.

I will have to write this because Strossen's other opinions have absolutely nothing to do with my failure to certify on the #3.5. Nothing. Childish nonsense and I don't want to be associated with that. Most of the #3.5's have a wide spread. Some of them are harder than others. I took my chances in full understanding, that I am able to CCS average #3.5's, but not each and any #3.5 that might come out of the package. It's all just part of the game I choose to play when I contact Strossen and request an opportunity to certify. Even in this situation of failure, it was a good experience worth going through. I got a great motivation boost out of it.

I have communicated more with Strossen personally than most on this board have or will ever do. My views on training differ from his, on sets etc, as can be seen in the articles I have written, but it is my choise not to start a flame war with him. What good would that ever do? My choise is to communicate politely with him. It's well worth it as he is a reasonable person to discuss with personally. Try mailing him and you'll see. Attacking him on the board is not going to get you any positive results. Negative comments towards Strossen are not going to change anything or help anyone to become more able to certify.

It is shame that there has to be so much negativity in grip. Maybe it comes down to how easy it is to attack people on the internet. I am guilty of that myself, but most of the time I try to follow a simple rule: "How would I put this if I was talking to this person face-to-face?" It is much easier to get along with people this way.

I'm saying these things only because I don't want to be associated with any of the negative crap that's not doing any good for the grip and as this topic was about how I screwed up my cert attempt.

If it is still unclear, I enjoy both certification programmes and find great fun and excitement in both. What is common for both is the challenge to get strong enough and that is all I care for.

Edited by Teemu I

very good point Temmu, anyway i believe your #3.5 was very HARD; what doesnt kill u makes u strong.

lot of lessons to learn with this little giant:-)

I sincerely apologize teemu. I started this with a simple sarcastic comment that I didn't intend to go into a flame war, other people just took my comment way too seriously and started saying stuff about it, and I should not have responded back.

Well, no need to apologize me, as I'm not offended, just wanted people to stop and think. ;)

Teemu, you are not only a tremendous grip athlete but a gentleman as well.

I will have to write this because Strossen's other opinions have absolutely nothing to do with my failure to certify on the #3.5. Nothing. Childish nonsense and I don't want to be associated with that. Most of the #3.5's have a wide spread. Some of them are harder than others. I took my chances in full understanding, that I am able to CCS average #3.5's, but not each and any #3.5 that might come out of the package. It's all just part of the game I choose to play when I contact Strossen and request an opportunity to certify. Even in this situation of failure, it was a good experience worth going through. I got a great motivation boost out of it.

I have communicated more with Strossen personally than most on this board have or will ever do. My views on training differ from his, on sets etc, as can be seen in the articles I have written, but it is my choise not to start a flame war with him. What good would that ever do? My choise is to communicate politely with him. It's well worth it as he is a reasonable person to discuss with personally. Try mailing him and you'll see. Attacking him on the board is not going to get you any positive results. Negative comments towards Strossen are not going to change anything or help anyone to become more able to certify.

It is shame that there has to be so much negativity in grip. Maybe it comes down to how easy it is to attack people on the internet. I am guilty of that myself, but most of the time I try to follow a simple rule: "How would I put this if I was talking to this person face-to-face?" It is much easier to get along with people this way.

I'm saying these things only because I don't want to be associated with any of the negative crap that's not doing any good for the grip and as this topic was about how I screwed up my cert attempt.

If it is still unclear, I enjoy both certification programmes and find great fun and excitement in both. What is common for both is the challenge to get strong enough and that is all I care for.

Amen. You'll get it next time and you know you will. A lot of mediocre gripper guys watch your videos for motivation. Seeing that even you can fail a 3.5 makes them feel better about not getting their #3 yet. The way you handle this "failure" is class A. You're near the top when it comes to a good mindset and a #4 CCS will happen for you.

Train hard, and keep pushing through. ---Casey

some of these comments are a little weird..could be wrong, but to me this gripper looks pretty normal for a 3.5, ive seen 5 or so 3.5's, two of them have had spread over 3 inch, the others all around 3 inch - how much is the spread of this cert gripper? maybe im missing something but when the card is inserted before the first attempt it looks like the spread if fairly standard. The calibration is 0.04 more than the average 3.5 calibration of gripperhell blog, so the close is pretty normal. I would have to try it to be sure, but sounds like the gripper was above average, but not a mutant.

ive looked through your log teemu an no offence is meant but honestly i dont understand why you attempted this 3.5 cert - i cant find any 3.5 credit card set closes, cant actually find any credit card set work at all >again, maybe im missing something?

Temmu is a great athlete , capable to close one gripper around 190-195 lbs from paralell.

I know he doesnt train a lot wide/no-set/c.card set but this doenst mean he cant close one gripper around 3.3/3.4 with c.card distance because he can.

The #3.5 was above average (185 lbs).

i recommend to watch his videos at youtube.

Paul: i would like to watch u trying this cert as well:-)regards.

i have seen that video an it's great for a guy with smaller hands, big hands helps with no sets, but at the same time this is an easy 3.5, as well as being over a year ago

i will cert on the 3.5 someday, but i want to very much prepared for a hard gripper, i would fully expect a tough sweep and a tough close - personally i would want to be closing a wide spread 3.6-3.7 level gripper with good 2-3 second card insert, for 5 times in a session >my mother always says 'fail to prepare, and prepare to fail'

im seeing the same thing for each attempting this cert, a general lack of 3.5 ccs closes before the cert - pretty sure mobster has never credit card set closed a 3.5, he hardly ever uses the card, with juha i see credit card set videos of #3's, closes of 3.5's with deeper sets, but no credit card set 3.5 closes, an then teemu im not seeing any recent credit card set work at all >these men are all strong, but the logic is missing for me

I think everyone should recognize exactly where the "negative crap" as Teemu called it originated and leave it at that and not stoop to such a level.

Thanks everyone.

To Paul S:

As to why did I even attempt this cert:

I have realistic views in my chances to pull off the feat. It's not all in my log. I have been consistent with the 3.54 rated #3.5's and BBE's for quite a long time. Why would you or anyone else think that I write everything down in the log, or even take videos of every close I do? I have a wittness to back me up on these as well. NO CCS in training, as it's not doing any good to train with it that much once you got the technique. Read my article, criticize my training freely then. I merely test myself on CCS closes. I do best on other methods and on a combo of different sets.

As for the gripper, I'm not into excuses, but let's get the facts right. How could you tell from the video it does not look that bad? You must know you have to feel the gripper yourself to know. There are more factors than spread and calibrated poundage. Grippers vary. Not my excuse though.

I'm surprised of such (unnecessary) questions. :blink

Oh and as for Juha, it's not all on video either! Shit, like youtube equals real life. :D

But like I've said, I will get stronger. I was well prepared, next time I'll be prepared better.

I'll add that this is not to say that I did not make a mistake somewhere, maybe I did, seeing how badly I failed, but it was not poorly planned, out of the blue-attempt on something I had no idea what it would be like. I am not a rookie when it comes to CCS closing #3.5's, and I'm not counting that easy #3.5 into that. I was going by what I know I can close when it comes to calibrated grippers. On average, #3.5's are well within my ability.

personally i would want to be closing a wide spread 3.6-3.7 level gripper with good 2-3 second card insert, for 5 times in a session >my mother always says 'fail to prepare, and prepare to fail'

I agree with you. Solid ability to close wide spread 3.7 level gripper with CCS is good base to try cert of #3.5.

Edited by Force

personally i would want to be closing a wide spread 3.6-3.7 level gripper with good 2-3 second card insert, for 5 times in a session >my mother always says 'fail to prepare, and prepare to fail'

I agree with you. Solid ability to close wide spread 3.7 level gripper with CCS is good base to try cert of #3.5.

I also agree that this particular piece of what Paul said would be a good guideline to be ready for any #3.5. But it is not necessary to be able to pull it off as it's the higmark, not the average. Of course I want to be able to CCS any #3.5 in the long run, but successful certification on the #3.5 does not require that great of a strength over these grippers.

Personally I was not in the hope of getting lucky on the gripper lottery. I just knew what I'm good for and therefore tested myself. It is easy to criticize my decision now that I failed. Looking back, I do not think it was a mistake to sign up for the cert.

Edited by Teemu I

Yes. That level of strenght would be almost 100% sure success. Not necessary for most #3.5. But I can imagine that official certification is an event that might get person overly excited and not being at his very best on the day of certification. Therefore it would be nice to have CCS overpower on grippers harder than average #3.5.

Next time you try that cert, it doesn't matter how hard #3.5 comes out of package. You will smash it anyway!

Edited by Force