• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teemu I

• vikingsrule92

• Bill Piche

• ewokhugo

This gripper was monster, it wasn´t an "off day". I was there and tried to close it mm set, nope, not even close. Heimopäällikkö and Kilkkinen tried mm set close it too, no, didn´t happen. Teemu was only of us, who closed it with one hand, deep set, but one handed close. I think this #3.5 was hard, calibration with RNC don´t tell all about it. (it was 3.60). I have tried 3.68 #3.5 and I get it closer than Teemus certgripper.

But next time when Teemu is going to cert, he will mash it, I know.

Good luck next time.

Edited by Nahkuri

This gripper was monster, it wasn´t an "off day". I was there and tried to close it mm set, nope, not even close. Heimopäällikkö and Kilkkinen tried mm set close it too, no, didn´t happen. Teemu was only of us, who closed it with one hand, deep set, but one handed close. I think this #3.5 was hard, calibration with RNC don´t tell all about it. (it was 3.60). I have tried 3.68 #3.5 and I get it closer than Teemus certgripper.

But next time when Teemu is going to cert, he will mash it, I know.

Good luck next time.

Yes, that gripper was a brick, till start to the end :angry: Nahkuri was right, my 3.68 is a littlebit easier to set and squeeze, than Teemu´s cert gripper. That was a gripper from Hell, I would said :angry: Spread of that gripper is 75mm.

Edited by kilkkinen

We all know this will make you come back stronger Teemu. When we have things like this happen to us, training becomes a whole different ball game in terms of focus and intensity. I know you will get it because you cut straight to the heart of the matter in your training log and offered no excuses. A different mentality would have thought up as many excuses and reasons as possible, you simply stated you need to get stronger. It was a mutant gripper but you will not be the same person when you come back to certify next time. That freak gripper will be the same and you will learn to dominate it in your training and get an easier gripper next time and mash it.

Looks like the #3 cert is of course hit or miss too based on this -- how hard the gripper is will vary wildly. I figured as much, but now I am sure I am not the only one who is thinking other things with respect to this cert and what was said here on the board.

Looks like the #3 cert is of course hit or miss too based on this -- how hard the gripper is will vary wildly. I figured as much, but now I am sure I am not the only one who is thinking other things with respect to this cert and what was said here on the board.

copy that :cool

Next time Teemu :rock :rock :rock

Well, if the #3.5 cert gripper looks like that, I wonder what the #4 cert gripper looks like... lol

Probably depends on who you are

Teemu

This is just a tempory setback your drive,focus and hunger plus the mindset of a champion will just makew you stronger for this and you now have a new challenge.

The video alone was worth watching just to show how an Ironmind ccs cert should be done and how meticuleous the Fins are :bow

It alsao shows me how much harder it is compared to a fast ccs swipe and the difference it can make to closeing a gripper or not :blush

Well, if the #3.5 cert gripper looks like that, I wonder what the #4 cert gripper looks like... lol

*cough, cough* He has a secret stash of the narrow, easy grippers for people that he likes and a psycho stash for GB members.

That was not an off day, that just looked like a flat out psycho gripper. Maybe it was a #4 with 3.5 stamped on the end ;) I wouldn't doubt it with Randall and his hatred for GB. You've got the strength Teemu, hopefully next time you won't get an out of this world gripper.

very best of luck for your next attempt teemu!!!

i have to agree with everyone else here, that 3.5 looked crazy strong.

*cough, cough* He has a secret stash of the narrow, easy grippers for people that he likes and a psycho stash for GB members.

That was not an off day, that just looked like a flat out psycho gripper. Maybe it was a #4 with 3.5 stamped on the end ;) I wouldn't doubt it with Randall and his hatred for GB. You've got the strength Teemu, hopefully next time you won't get an out of this world gripper.

I wouldn't doubt it either, I saw his #4 attempt and you know I'm wondering about that "#3.5" now...

Guest Odhibjorn

I find it Hilarious that people think there is some Iron Mind conspiracy involving the strength of Teemu's gripper. Don't you think that Strossen would know people here could easily check the gripper to see if it was a genuine 3.5 or a 4? I am aware that the owner of Iron Mind does not support this forum, maybe has said some negative stuff about it in the past, granted... but this is beyond the realm of logical thinking LOL.

I find it Hilarious that people think there is some Iron Mind conspiracy involving the strength of Teemu's gripper. Don't you think that Strossen would know people here could easily check the gripper to see if it was a genuine 3.5 or a 4? I am aware that the owner of Iron Mind does not support this forum, maybe has said some negative stuff about it in the past, granted... but this is beyond the realm of logical thinking LOL.

Yeah - I may be naive but I can't believe that Dr. Strossen would purposely go out to make some athletes' certs harder than others by way of doctoring the grippers. It will happen that some certs are harder but this will be due to the natural variation in spring strength that we've all experienced.

Maybe not - but chances are Teemu will draw an 'easier' #3.5 next time and kill it - plus he'll be galvanized from this attempt and be even stronger.

People are mainly suggesting that the Ironmind grippers are about as "benchmarked" as Walmart weight plates.

People are mainly suggesting that the Ironmind grippers are about as "benchmarked" as Walmart weight plates.

EXACTLY Ben! I was mainly being sarcastic and suggesting the whole variance thing, everyone just takes me too seriously :D:laugh

And maybe IM should make sure all grippers sent out for certing are of exactly the same spread - be it 2.75", 3" or whatever. Wouldn't be that hard for them to do. There would be one less variable involved in the cert process then and grippers like this #3.5 that Teemu caught wouldn't be difficult for what is likely to be that very reason - the spread.

I can't see how doing this wouldn't lessen the variation - mutants with a tough spring AND wide spread wouldn't arrive in the hands of a cert attemptee.

This gripper looked like a brick.

Keep up your trainining and you'll reach your goals :rock

That was not an off day, that just looked like a flat out psycho gripper. Maybe it was a #4 with 3.5 stamped on the end ;) I wouldn't doubt it with Randall and his hatred for GB.

I haven't been around the GB very long, but I've heard it said several times now that Strossen hates this forum. What does he have against the GB? I would think that this forum helps to sell a lot of his equipment.