Bending Only Comp

Paul Knight

A DC2 compared to a DC1 is like comparing a G5 to a G8. I think the DC2 is way harder. :cool

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Knight

• matthcarl

• bencrush

• nockowt1

I don't get what you're all saying about the shoes. I've only ever been able to bend the SCF ultra-lites, but the #1 is way harder than the #0, and the #2 is way easier than the #0. Perhaps we should all use the same shoe and just judge who pushes it the farthest in the least amount of time.

I don't get what you're all saying about the shoes. I've only ever been able to bend the SCF ultra-lites, but the #1 is way harder than the #0, and the #2 is way easier than the #0. Perhaps we should all use the same shoe and just judge who pushes it the farthest in the least amount of time.

I have always noticed the same thing but there are dissenting opinions in the group here. So to make it easier, I think it should go smaller=harder :)

A DC2 compared to a DC1 is like comparing a G5 to a G8. I think the DC2 is way harder. :cool

My experience too. I do have some mutant DC1s though.

Tim

Im getting a new costume/T-shirt made saying HO HOS and COFFEE = a BIG Bend :tongue

Regarding the shoes so one of those novelty horshoe rings you wear will seal the deal as its the smallest :tongue

We have ponys over here in the UK not shore what you yanks would call them but i would imagine shoes for those would be small but i imagine some could be very tough even for the bigger shoe benders on here i will see if my mate maxwell can get some as his kids have ponys.

I think a 6mths date/deadline would be great as not everyone is great at all around bending so it gives you a chance to bring your other stuff up i suck at everything except unbraced bending were theres room for improvement.

Im getting a new costume/T-shirt made saying HO HOS and COFFEE = a BIG Bend :tongue

Regarding the shoes so one of those novelty horshoe rings you wear will seal the deal as its the smallest :tongue

We have ponys over here in the UK not shore what you yanks would call them but i would imagine shoes for those would be small but i imagine some could be very tough even for the bigger shoe benders on here i will see if my mate maxwell can get some as his kids have ponys.

I think a 6mths date/deadline would be great as not everyone is great at all around bending so it gives you a chance to bring your other stuff up i suck at everything except unbraced bending were theres room for improvement.

Ditto on that last part Gaz!!!

On the shoes, those novelty horseshoe rings would be the winning bend, provided they were thicker than the Regular Plain I plan on bending as an opener :devil

Diamond has Pony's here in the USA, they're tough to get your hands on, but not horribly tough to bend, I think Eric posted a pic a while back of a hearted Pony.

the Regular Plain I plan on bending as an opener :devil

Hmm. If people start in early and there is a close match on certain events there could be allot of reposting new videos and competition in that manner. I never really considered the whole opener aspect of that until you said it just now Zach.

I thought I added a reply, but it must have gotten lost. On the DC's...I not only think the #1 is easier than the #2, I think the #0 is easier than both, with the #00 falling between the #1 and #2. I have only ever bent one #2 to 180, and the others I can do at will (or could a few months ago).

I also have a Diamond Bronco #000, which looks unbendable to me. Naturally I can't find it, but if I remember correctly it is the same thickness as the #0 and #1, but only about 3" wide.

So how particular are the rules for the virtual comp? I know I don't take great videos...does This Bend work for my opening DO bend? I did it at work this morning (with light entertainment from the cleaning crew :D)

So how particular are the rules for the virtual comp? I know I don't take great videos...does This Bend work for my opening DO bend? I did it at work this morning (with light entertainment from the cleaning crew :D)

I saw the coffee, but where's the ho-ho's ........ No good!! lol J/K

looked good to me, you stated your intentions. The only request that I would have is that everyone try to keep the bar in-frame, thats all. I would count that for a good bend Matt, but for everyone, from now on just keep the whole bend in frame - everyone good w/that?

I also have a Diamond Bronco #000, which looks unbendable to me. Naturally I can't find it, but if I remember correctly it is the same thickness as the #0 and #1, but only about 3" wide.

That's actually the toughest shoe I've ever bent. I did one over the course of what felt like 20 minutes when Derek Graybill was over training with us.

Great idea GAZ!!! :D

I truly believe everyone should experience the HO-HO's and coffee high before a bending PR attempt...

My name is Chad Kovach and I approve this message!!! :tongue

That's actually the toughest shoe I've ever bent. I did one over the course of what felt like 20 minutes when Derek Graybill was over training with us.

Yeah I remember that, plain astounding :blink I remember you had to sit down and take like 3 serious breaks because that was such an evil shoe, good times :D

Edited by vikingsrule92

Great idea GAZ!!! :D

I truly believe everyone should experience the HO-HO's and coffee high before a bending PR attempt...

My name is Chad Kovach and I approve this message!!! :tongue

It sounds crazy people, but it works. If its placebo, I'll take it. All I know, is that I like having coffee and hoho's in me before a bend :rock

Whats funny is that years from now we will probably still remember the bending era of coffee and ho-ho's...I'm glad I thought of it! :D

Whats funny is that years from now we will probably still remember the bending era of coffee and ho-ho's...I'm glad I thought of it! :D

I don't know...the sweet tarts and beer program out of Arizona was only a passing fad :whistel

Have you ever tried the coffee and hoho's?

Coffee = always.

HoHo's = forget it.

(I won't ask if you've tried beer and sweet tarts...)

So far we have Matt w/a Golden and Jim w/a Shiny - who's next?

As soon as my camera starts working here I'll be hoping to get something on vid for the comp :)

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

So smaller shoe Beats bigger shoe. Is that what we are going by or has it not been decided Yet? It's hard with shoes because not everyone has tried the diffrent kinds. I am cool with wahtever you guys come up with.

I'm going for the 665 KOAB as soon as they get here brotha!

Coffee and Ho-Ho's dawg! Looks like your gonna hit your 2008 goal after all! :rock

WAAAAA? You found one? You SUCK!!!!! :D JK!!!! Good luck brother!!! :cool:rock

Coffee and Ho-Ho's dawg! Looks like your gonna hit your 2008 goal after all! :rock

Already stocked up on Starbucks coffee crystals and 2 boxes of ho-ho's :)

I just spent 15 minutes wrapping a 3/8 shiny to perfection so I won't have to wrap the KOAB come video time.

WAAAAA? You found one? You SUCK!!!!! :D JK!!!! Good luck brother!!! :cool:rock

HAHA!! Yeah I found a doner who is sending me one. Hopefully Thursday will be the estimated time of arrival. Thanks man!