Captains Of Crush No 4 Close

mobsterone

This is truly a great video and I am sure it will be placed in the hall of fame of all time crushvideos!

Please make some more video material!! You are writing history man! don't forget it. People will still talk about this feat in the next 10 years or longer!!

Make more historical videos while you can!!

for the second time: many congrats! and respect! :bow

Edited by Gripmasters

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• CoC#3

• Grippster

• Gripmasters

Wow awesome close,

You went from closing the MM1 to closing the COC #4

Not quite. I've been close on a 4 for some time (4 years??) but have to take the same steps on the Mashmonster ladder as everyone else. So MM1 first, then MM2 and so on. See my comment below.

It was good but you need the sunglasses to complete the mobster effect. Much respect and many congrats

They were broken (see my youtube video of the 1500lbs leg press - I broke them then) and only came back today. Plus it was early evening here and we lightened the video so you could see what I did. I only wear them when it's dark when I leave my other glasses behind.

Congratulations Steve, very strong close! I'm sure if it comes back at 200 or less people will say it's an "easy #4" and...they're idiots. Looking forward to more great crush feats from you.

Josh

Hi Josh. As per my log I did shut Paul's easy 4. Indeed I was able to 'blip' it (open and close it a very small amount) 3x. We videoed that, this gripper and Jim Wylie's gripper being closed too. As per my log we're saving some videos for a project but I thought you'd like to see this one.

Beautiful thing, Steve!

Will you see how far you can go with the Mash Monster certs?

Beautiful thing, Steve!

Will you see how far you can go with the Mash Monster certs?

I would just send him the MM2-MM6 to save time and shipping cost :D

As far as help allows. Money is SUPER TIGHT and without Twigs help with the postage etc before I wouldn't have done the last one. I tried telling Jedd that sending them all would be the best way ha ha.

The best part was how much of a Good Time you were having! Congratulations :laugh

Too right. Once I got started last night I knew it was gonna be good. I'd done some test stuff with the easier grippers before this so was confident. That makes me happy so that made me laugh.

Sweet close Steve, that must have felt great! :rock:rock
that right there, that's an ANIMAL, not a man.

Precisely what I tell all the girls. Plus, for fun, I was 'giving it large' saying 'cos I'm a beast' when Paul was 'how the heck did you just do that??' LOL. :D

This is truly a great video and I am sure it will be placed in the hall of fame of all time crushvideos!

Please make some more video material!! You are writing history man! don't forget it. People will still talk about this feat in the next 10 years or longer!!

Make more historical videos while you can!!

for the second time: many congrats! and respect! :bow

Plenty of videos done. But more for a future project being worked on. Bits will make their way via youtube from time to time.

Once again thanks guys. 160 or so views since last night of the video and more than that hits on this topic shows it was worth posting. I'm glad you liked it.

To save time in case I'm asked. I'd rate this one at about an average 4. I still have the one in the pack Sam gave me. I didn't try my own 4 but did, as per my log, shut Paul's easy 4, this one and the 4.01 rated 4. Consistently... not yet. Last night I was on a roll. Calibrating... no RGC here, no money to make one. If someone wants to send me an average RGC rated 4 together with the P&P to send it back and let me have a crack at it... I'll do that for ya.

Can't wait to get home and watch that, big congrats.

Now get you and Sam on the list for the MM2! I offered to pay up to level 3, didn't I? Well, I've just been promoted, so maybe I can afford up to level 5 now ;)

no RGC here, no money to make one

Any idea of he average cost to make one? Maybe those of us who have the RGC can chime in here? If all of us UK guys put a small amount towards it i think it would be possible to get an RGC made.

no RGC here, no money to make one

Any idea of he average cost to make one? Maybe those of us who have the RGC can chime in here? If all of us UK guys put a small amount towards it i think it would be possible to get an RGC made.

Well, look at the design on the pdf-document published by Morton and Amidon. It can't be that much.

Very impressive!

Congrats! :rock

You could send the gripper to someone who has a RGC if you like. From what I've seen making a RGC don't cost much as well. It's not so expensive, not a like a car or something. I don't think you'll have to collect money from others for that. That's absurd.

Hi Ben, there's a phrase which I think goes something like 'unless you live an hour in my shoes'. If you have no idea how much disposable income I have it's best not to tell me, or anyone else for that matter, how to spend their money. I do not have the money to go buy the tube, get it welded/fixed/whatever and if I did I'd spend it on something else.

Right now any spare I have should be being spent on going to see my daughter in hospital but here I am spelling it out for you.

Here's a thought - send me yours. :angry: That Sam was kind enough to suggest a way round a problem should not be seen as 'absurd'.

Hi Ben, there's a phrase which I think goes something like 'unless you live an hour in my shoes'. If you have no idea how much disposable income I have it's best not to tell me, or anyone else for that matter, how to spend their money. I do not have the money to go buy the tube, get it welded/fixed/whatever and if I did I'd spend it on something else.

Right now any spare I have should be being spent on going to see my daughter in hospital but here I am spelling it out for you.

Here's a thought - send me yours. :angry: That Sam was kind enough to suggest a way round a problem should not be seen as 'absurd'.

I'm sorry :unsure

Congrats Steve!!! Very impressive close :) I will calibrate those #4´s, if you want it :) Just send those to me, I will sent those back for free.

Steve, fantastic stuff. Massive respect to you, not many guys will ever be able to do #4, you're name will bw down in grip history forever :rock Keep it up and move on even higher :rock

Sorry to hear about your daughter, I hope she gets better soon.

Or, I could send one of my #4´s to you...

Here´s the list of mine #4´s :

- kilkkinen IM#4 new / 100 kg / 220,75 lbs / rating = 4,20

- kilkkinen IM #4 / 2005 / 103,5 kg / 228,5 lbs / rating= 4,33

- kilkkinen IM#4_2005 / 105,75kg / 233.44lbs / rating = 4.41

PS. Sorry to hear your daughter...

Edited by kilkkinen

Many many congrats Steve! i've not seen the video yet, but look forward to watching it.

that is truly something though! well done again!

Well done Steve. As you said it's not been far away for several years - your "almost" close of the #4 at the British this year was one of the neatest things I've seen personally for a good while.

Steve, fantastic stuff. Massive respect to you, not many guys will ever be able to do #4, you're name will bw down in grip history forever :rock Keep it up and move on even higher :rock

Sorry to hear about your daughter, I hope she gets better soon.

PS. Sorry to hear your daughter...

Thanks. Replied to your PM.

Well done Steve. As you said it's not been far away for several years - your "almost" close of the #4 at the British this year was one of the neatest things I've seen personally for a good while.

I'll keep the offers in mind. I've a few things I need to do next week but might be in touch then. I also want to get the BHSA annual do out of the way. On that topic two members have made a very generous donation.

Regarding my daughter. She's about to have her first baby and was/is showing signs of pre-eclampsia. Because of some symptoms causing concern they've decided to keep her in until it comes. Money is real tight so I am hoping to travel there when the baby is coming or has just been born. As you can imagine RGC's get put on the back, back, back boiler.

Are we raising funds here to get this guy on the Mashmonster ladder!!

That is fine, specially to hear about his family, The board can do something for him! If everyone sends a few bucks or euros. This man will close the MM6 and write history forever!!

We only need a few people put some bucks/euros together..

I will join! At least you need to think, this is our hobby, for me; I am spending a lot of time reading,thinking etcetera on this grip-sport. I think we can miss those few bucks. Same as buy somebody a drink in a bar.....

Come on guys, who can be the Cashier to collect the money and how can we put it together the cheapest way...

Edited by Gripmasters

I don't know about you guys, but I know who I'm dressing up as for halloween ;)

Man, they all sound like monsters :blink

Edited by Magnus