Captains log #1

Rick Walker

Todays workout #1:

Warm-up with #1 COC-5 reps regular each hand 5 reps inverted each hand.

#2 COC Filed-1 time each hand

BBE Modified 3X3 each hand.  22 washers-still pretty hard-harder then my PDA 387.  Going to do 2 workouts a day.  As long as I am getting atleast one rep a set I will pull washers or file washers every week.

Stay tuned-

Rick Walker

:hehe

Captain's Log #1-B

Workout 2:

No warms ups-straight to BBE for 3X3-ahh, this thing is tough.

Rick Walker :hehe

Captains's Log 2-A+B

Did 3 sets of overcrushes with the BBE both times.  Dont know why-I just thought the overcrushes were better today-

regardless did 3 sets of 1 both workouts.

Rick Walker :hehe  :crazy  :crazy  :crazy  :hehe

Captain's Log: 3-A&B

Did overcrushes again both times.  These just seem to feel better and cause a severe fatique in my forearms.  I held it closed for 20 seconds with each hand 1st time A&B, 16 for 2nd A&B, and 14 for 3rd A&B.

Me thinks a washer is coming out Thursday :D

One washer out and an easy close-I might take another one out today-we shall see.

This seems to be working-

TO all those keeping track:

11/22- another washer out-shortening the handles to 1.25"-pretty easy.  Missed yesterdays workout so took it out today.

As a side note-my left hand seems to be getting the most from these workouts while my right is just barely keeping up.  I successfully repped my PDA 387 3 times fully mashed with my left and could only manage one with my right-this was done cold (no warmup)-and I do mean COLD-a little under 30 degrees in my gym the night I did it (Tuesday).

Hey-#3...I got your number b*tch!

• 2 weeks later...

12-03, 2:40 pm Starship Grip. Captain Smash a' Handle reporting. :ninja

Another washer removed from the BBE. Left hand easily tolerated the removal and smashed the handles down for 3 sets of overcrushes-held for 15 seconds.

Right hand fought it a little but still managed to close it. I believe the Griptonite may be leaking and adversly effecting my right hand.

Must use the force....... :blink:tongue:tongue

Seriously-my hands have never felt this strong. I have been getting remarkable results from using the Atlas to work my thumbs-I have only logged 6 workouts on it now and I can see and feel a difference. I have completely ignored my #3-havent touched it at all and I wont until I am confident enough on my mod. BBE.

Stay tuned:

Captain Smash a' Handle out.........

Rick Walker :yikes:whistel

Just wanted to let you know that I've been watching your progress on the extended BBE. I'm glad to see the idea working. Sadly, just when I started to use the extended #3 that I have I injured my right elbow (don't even ask about my left hand) and had to drop grippers in favor of some other grip work (mostly thick handles). I had made progress for about 3 workouts (even fighting the elbow pain at first) so I could see that the idea of extending and removing washers works. One thing I noticed is that you started with a length that you could consistently close. I first tried the washers awhile back, but started too hard, some days closing it, other days I could not. I think anyone who tries the extended gripper should start at a length they can consistently close. It shouldn't be "easy," but you should be able to consistently close it. And when a washer is taken out you should just be able to touch the handles again, but maybe not with a forceful close.

I personally think it is one of the best ways to train for a hard gripper and I thank you for helping me make mine through our messages via PM.

Yes-when I started I could do 2-3 reps. It wasnt easy-but it wasnt too hard. I have noticed that each time I pull a washer, it is about the same difficulty wise as the begining-which means I am getting stronger!

Bearcat 74 mentioned to me that he progresed quickly with his mod #4-I hope I am seeing the same.

I am dreading the day I have to file instead of pulling a complete washer!!

Thanks again-

Rick Walker :yikes

The same way one would use the TTK-fingers on one side-the handle that doesnt move, and thumb on the other-the handle that moves. I then pinch the moveable handle down for 3 sets of 6 and one set of holds. Works the same as the TTK only the handles are round-

Rick Walker :yikes

Log closed. Tom Black-I will email my results-Thanks for helping me out-

Rick Walker