Sore hands (palms)

Guest kull

Hello all Im posting for first time been coming here for a few months and getting loads of help just reading posts.  

My problem is having sore hands mainly in the lower edge  of palm it is worse in the right(strong side). It hinders the first part of a grip work out till it gets warmed up then comes back after rest. I have stayed away from coc's for weeks at a time and it still stays sore. I currently work with #1 and ivanko sg  the sg dont bother me like the grippers I am within .25 of closing the sg with top spring at top and 2nd 2 notches from it, but when i try #2 coc the pain from where it rest in palm causes me to let up. I know I could close it fairly easy if it wasnt for this. Anyone else here have this problem if so what do u do to compensate for it? Thanks Alan

Guest kINGPIN

Welcome to the board!

If the pain is caused from the knurling then look at some of the old posts to see what you can do about it.  If not then (injuries aside) it sounds like your positioning on the gripper may be out.  Use the search engine to find some info on positioning of the gripper and see if they work.

The pain isnt from knurling it is more of a pressure type pain like the small handles on the coc hits it just right, I was told recently it may be CPT but everything I have read on it doesnt relate to these symptoms. I also notice the pain when trying to bend a bar it hurts all the way up the bone in the forearm doesnt seem to affect strength.

Guest kINGPIN

In that case the only thing I can say is to have it checked out by a doctor, because that is not normal.  I would'nt worry to much as it may just be that you are overdoing it, but do have someone look at it properly.