Paul Knight

Bill Piche

Next you need to play "You're The Best" from Karate Kid. It'll get you roared up. Tear if up Paul!

HAHAHAHA :laugh I can't believe I missed you pulling up to BBB blasting that!!

:D My wife was a little embarrassed, otherwise everyone there would've heard it blasting...

Prepare to be amazed boys!

http://www.80stees.com/products/Authentic-Cobra-Kai-Gi.asp

It even has the Johnny patch on the front!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Knight

• Bill Piche

• vikingsrule92

• lukeamdman

Next you need to play "You're The Best" from Karate Kid. It'll get you roared up. Tear if up Paul!

:D My wife was a little embarrassed, otherwise everyone there would've heard it blasting...

Dude, buy it and wear it to BBB5 :laugh

Should I roll in on my YZ125 too?

Hahaha! That would be freaking awesome Josh. :cool

Hahaha! That would be freaking awesome Josh. :cool

Agreed 100% :cool But you need to put some speakers on your YZ125 so you can blast "You're the Best" like Ben :laugh

Edited by vikingsrule92

HaHa! I just saw this - I wanna wear it during my MM3 cert - I think it'll give me the extra HP!

Hadooken biotch!

Look like I'll be trying the cert this Sat. if the gripper arrives in time. I'm gonna do a couple test squeezes on my 3.5 and if I'm feelin froggy, I'll go for it

Paul, just remember to keep on squeezing no matter what until you grind it as this gripper might feel closed when it's actually not completely closed. :blink Just a reminder how nastily it binds up just before the close. You have the strength, this is just a reminder that do not let that bizarre gripper fool you. :cool

Paul, just remember to keep on squeezing no matter what until you grind it as this gripper might feel closed when it's actually not completely closed. :blink Just a reminder how nastily it binds up just before the close. You have the strength, this is just a reminder that do not let that bizarre gripper fool you. :cool

Teemu - your scare tactics are not working!.......

MaMa :cry

Scare tactics? HAHAHAHAA!! :D Just trying to make sure you'll psyche up enough for it! :rock

You WILL close it!

i agree with Josh , mm3 its a different story!

I dont think Paul have any fear of it!

he may bend it after the close!lol

good luck!

The gripper didn't come in Sat. ,but talked to Jedd and he had already mailed it so it'll prolly come in today. Knowing that it wasn't coming in for me to try on Sat., I decided to do another workout. I'll play it by ear now - maybe during the week or maybe this weekend depending on how fast I recover from my last ridiculous workout.

The gripper didn't come in Sat. ,but talked to Jedd and he had already mailed it so it'll prolly come in today. Knowing that it wasn't coming in for me to try on Sat., I decided to do another workout. I'll play it by ear now - maybe during the week or maybe this weekend depending on how fast I recover from my last ridiculous workout.

Gosh this is taking forever :blink

Yeah, too long. This is un acceptable. . . . HAHA. Crush it Paul.

Paul got 3 reds.

He was bracing his gripping arm against his body for the set which is against the rules.

Paul got 3 reds.

He was bracing his gripping arm against his body for the set which is against the rules.

Paul, sorry to hear that.

It sounds like you closed it though!?!? That's some insane power.

Paul got 3 reds.

Paul, sorry to hear that.

It sounds like you closed it though!?!? That's some insane power.

Yes, he closed it once undoubtedly, probably twice. His sets were performed in his typically wide fashion. A really tough break for Paul, because he dug deep to get this gripper shut. I've no doubt the cert will be his next time.

You'll get it without a doubt next time Paul! Sorry to hear about the accidental bracing, I know how that is. I do that every once in a while and don't even notice until I review video.

Next time Paul dont stop training for it!!!

Paul got 3 reds.

I want to clarify the rules please.

I interpreted them differently and would like to make a point

I'm assuming this is the rule that I was breaking?:

5. No bracing is allowed to set the gripper. That is, one cannot use their legs, arms, or other parts of their body (except their opposite hand) to set the gripper at the start of the close

My first impression of this rule was that someone is not to press the gripper handle against another body part to get it set - In the rule is says in parenthesis (execpt their opposite hand) - reading this further supported my first interpretation of the rule - and I did only use my opposite hand to set the gripper.

I have seen many gripsters post their elbow on their abs/stomach while setting the gripper w/their hands - is this OK or is that "bracing" too?!

If this is not allowed then everyone certing on video needs to show their whole arm in the proccess - how can all these cert vids be passed when 75% of them you can't see where their elbows are?

rule number 5 is NOT clear

and another thing ..... this phrase has been said a million times on the gripboard "TRUE test of HAND strength" how does my setting the gripper the way that I did make it any easier on my crushing the gripper? my arm was completely free and clear from my body with the handles wider than parallel all the way down to closing the handles

Edited by Paul Knight

Bracing against your leg does make it easier to set the gripper and if you use less energy to set it, particuliarly on a tough gripper, then it should make the close easier.

That said, I completely agree with Paul about all of the other videos. There are numerous videos where the elbow isn't even shown. I've also been around enough grip comps to know that the majority of people who set grippers brace their elbow/arm into their abs/oblique. It may be inadvertently but it's quite common. I've definitely been guilty of this myself. Also; what about bicep touching the pec (very easy if you have anytype of development); is this bracing??

I doubt anything will get reversed but in my mind, if he closed it from wider than parallel, that easily off-sets the leg brace, especially considering the unknown bracing status of numerous other vids (i.e the rules have already been bent).

Arm bracing and not being able to see it is a good point.

I watched only one video from each MM level:

Dave's MMG6

Kevin's MMG5

Chad's MMG4

Teemu's MMG3

Aaron's MMG2

My MMG1

The video never makes it even half way up the forearm. It is impossible to tell whether bracing did or did not happen on any of those, and those are the first 6 I watched!

I think trying to get the whole arm in the vid will complicate seeing the handles touched together as you will have to back off from the cam a bit.

I hate for this issue to have come up on my cert, but it had to be someone I guess.

I know how frustrating setting rules can be and then later having to re-visit them because something comes up, but thats all part of any sport as it becomes more and more competitive (ie. football, baseball) - I was in no way trying to cheat, I simply understood the rule differently, especially because its not something that has to be shown on video. Pressing/bracing the gripping hand w/the gripper in it would have been seen on video

I understand everything that has been going on w/the IM 3.5 which makes this all the more annoying, but on behalf of most on the Gripboard - IM rules are clear:

"the gripster must show the official that he has an acceptable starting position by using his non-gripping hand to slide the end of a credit/ATM card in between the ends of the handles"

This however is vague to me:

5. No bracing is allowed to set the gripper. That is, one cannot use their legs, arms, or other parts of their body (except their opposite hand) to set the gripper at the start of the close

"No bracing is allowed to set the gripper" by itself is unclear and is why its followed by "That is, one cannot use their legs, arms, or other parts of their body (except their opposite hand) to set the gripper at the start of the close." but this is still not clear IMO - If you were to brace, how could you use your arm to brace? other than having the gripper in your closing hand and then pressing it against your other arm/forearm/bicep etc.. to get the set desired? this would be against the rules from the way I gathered, or taking the gripping hand w/the gripper in it and pressing it against your leg to get a better set would also encroach on the rules the way I read them (similar to how you would press a choked gripper against your leg to remove the hose clamp), this is what I was picturing in my mind as I read the rules, but if you were to use only the opposite hand to set the gripper, not pressing it against any other body part ... this IMO would lie within these rules.

I hope you can see my logic