My Gripper Its Making To Much Noise

ewokhugo

My coc#3 started to making to much noise , i put some good oil and it doesnt help.

because i am so close to kill it i am not sure if it will affect my next close.

This is obviously lack of confidence from myself (dont have time to warm up now) and squeeze it properly.

its not an old gripper but in the past it was little bit rusty(after this i put oil and it become "normal" again).

I use it from 5 months without problem but now its the damm SOUND (not only in the end of the close but also in the start)...

any thoughts?

still the same or harder?lol

call me dumb ...

-"try it"!

yes i know but my next workout its only next week...

What kind of oil did you use? I find 3-in-1 cures them for a good long time. But personally, I like a squeaky gripper :D

Edited by Magnus

Try cleaning the entire gripper with hot soapy water. Use a small scrub brush. Let the gripper dry upside down. When dry put a very small amount of oil between the coils and where the spring enters the handle. Wipe off any excess.

Magnus: 3-1 i guess , its called dw 40.

Oldguy: very usefull! will give it a try:-)thanks.

I always chest crush mine a couple of times after adding oil, to get the oil spread out evenly into all the grooves. Only then do I wipe off any excess.

Magnus is right - trash the oil you've been using and try different kinds until you get the reults your looking for - and chest crushing or leg crushing after oiling is real good advice too. Look for a spray type oil so that the oil is forced between the spring - you might even take your squeeky gripper w/you to the hardware store and give a squirt from each can until it fixes the problem and then purchase that can ;) just don't let the store clerk catch you spraying a little from each can :laugh:laugh

Spray with WD40, crush it, repeat. Done. If it squeaks after that just sing with the squeak as you squeeze, make noise in the park like Gazza, it'll help you close it.

Magnus: 3-1 i guess , its called dw 40.

Oldguy: very usefull! will give it a try:-)thanks.

3-in-1 is very different than WD-40. It's made by the same company, but is a completely different oil. It comes in a small non-aerosol can. This is what it looks like.

Give it a good hot soak in a strong detergent, scrub it with a soft wire brush, brass for instance: http://www.kaizenbonsai.com/shop/images/brush_ht1091.jpg

...all over...then let dry in a North-Easterly breeze, whilst perched upon a mid sized lychee...either you or the gripper, it really doesn't matter! :laugh

yesterday i did all the "clean stuff" and oiled it very well a couple of times!

today it was awesome!

it works for sure:)

thanks guys.