2010 European Grip Champs

David Horne

The one hand deadlift thumbless is an option, of course.

Another option could be:

1. Grippers

2. Pinch

3. Axle

4. One hand deadlift (with thumb)

5. One hand axle thumbless

Similar to this years events, but the last one is a bit friendlier to small handed people than the RT. Just a thought.

Good choice of events!

True...why have 2 thick bar events...theres always finger and wrist (specifically)

Are You planning to compete? Just curious.

Well me and my wife were thinking of holidaying in england when the COC was on but I dont think we will have enough cash saved by then, plus it will be in the holiday period so everything will be expensive for tourists, so 2010, spain or finland is much more plausable for me...so who knows....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jose Jara

• Florian Kellersmann

• burkhardmacht

• Martin_Arildsson

Just talked to Arne, and we have a delicate problem! We are fine with both countries!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

i have talked with Matti and he told me that there is not problem that i can run the next european's.

So, i'm glad to say that the 2010 European Grip Champs will be in Madrid :rock

Hello,

i have talked with Matti and he told me that there is not problem that i can run the next european's.

So, i'm glad to say that the 2010 European Grip Champs will be in Madrid :rock

That's fine with me!

Guess I gotta bring my :cool

Good stuff! I'm really looking forward to this competition :rock

• 1 month later...

July sounds good to me.

James,

in the other european's, no.

In the next, i don´t know yet. I want to make some proposals for this and you'll get the information later.

Thanks for your interest.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see the one hand deadlift with thumb (no hook) with an olympic bar again.

Also I think apollon's axle should be an event again, cause it's a classic one.

I have no good idea for a fifth event yet. I made a proposal earlier in this thread though.

The events of the upcoming spanish grip competiton are a good choice too, IMO.

Edited by Florian Kellersmann

I'd say that having a one hand dead AND a two hand dead (a/axle) is a case of 'one or t'other, but not both'.

1. Euro-Grippers

2. Euro-Pinch

3. One hand deadlift

4. Test of wrist strength

What about a contest of 4 events? it would be faster and the lifts could be higher?

The axle is an option, but the hand size is a handicap for normal or small hands

Test of wrist strength could be Plate wrist curls, plate curls or similar. The problem is what rules?

1. Euro-Grippers

2. Euro-Pinch

3. One hand deadlift

4. Test of wrist strength

What about a contest of 4 events? it would be faster and the lifts could be higher?

4 events would be an option for sure! I would replace the wrist event by the axle deadlift - 5 cms diameter won't make it too difficult for small handed guys.

IMO You can even melt down a comp to only 3 events: 1. 2HP, 2. Axle DL and 3. OHDL - but that's perhaps not very popular.... :dry

• 4 weeks later...

Weaver stick is good fun for wrists and particularly impressive as so little weight is needed to make even the strongest of men look a bit useless.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

The events will be closed at 30th June. The contest will be in july, 2010.

Now, it's time to hear your preferences/opinions. At the moment, i think that these events would be good:

1. Grippers. Euro-Grippers or Ironmind with credit card. 4 attempts

2. EuroPinch. 4 attempts.

3. One hand deadlift, powerlifting eleiko bar. 4 attempts.

4. Rolling Thunder. 4 attempts.

5. Two hands lever block wrist curl. New event, it would be with apparatus like this: http://www.dennisrogers.net/productview.php?uid=25 , but int two hands version. 4 attempts.

Hi,

The events will be closed at 30th June. The contest will be in july, 2010.

Now, it's time to hear your preferences/opinions. At the moment, i think that these events would be good:

1. Grippers. Euro-Grippers or Ironmind with credit card. 4 attempts

2. EuroPinch. 4 attempts.

3. One hand deadlift, powerlifting eleiko bar. 4 attempts.

4. Rolling Thunder. 4 attempts.

5. Two hands lever block wrist curl. New event, it would be with apparatus like this: http://www.dennisrogers.net/productview.php?uid=25 , but int two hands version. 4 attempts.

I like the lever block wrist curl. nice change and good test IMO. Judging might be tricky, though.

a shame not to feature any vbar, IMO.

Apart from that, I am not a huge fan of having thick handled implements, but the rolling thunder is a classic after all.

david

Hi Jose, good to see you organizing everything early enough!

My thoughts:

4. I would prefer Axle deadlift. RT is too thick.

5. I think that this event will favor long fingers too much like plate wrist curls. Also some people can't do such exercise with two hands because they don't have flexible wrists. I can't even do proper two hand barbell wristcurls. Also I would suggest no "new events" and experiments at such a major contest.

Thank you, David and Florian.

Test of wrist strength is the harder event to find. Lever lifts, bending are very difficult to judge. On the other hand, the events that are the easiest are "thumbless" events.

Another option is table top wrist curl.