• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jose Jara

• Florian Kellersmann

• burkhardmacht

• Martin_Arildsson

Jose, big thanks for taking on that job and project. That was a lot of work, and a lot of planning, for no money! Congratulations on getting through it.

Gardener, what can I say? Very impressive win. Great AXLE! :mosher Good job.

Very nice to see competitors from different countries competing. That's always fun. Looks like everyone got through it without injury. Congratulations to all!

Thanks Mike :)

It was good to meet Steve again. He has improved a lot since the last Euro's, and the Two and one hand deadlifts were simply AWESOME.

For me, the lift of the day was the 216 kilos on 2 inch bar, fantastic lift. In the pinch, he lifted easily 112.2 k in his third attempt. I thought that he had in mind the world record for the fourth, as he was increasing 5 kilos per attempt. He told me that not for today, and he tried 114.7 k, and he could lift off the floor, but just a few inches.

Nice talk, food and beers after the competition with him talking a lot about any thing about strength. Great times :rock

Gabriel was second after Steve all the time until the Weaver Stick. In the Weaver, he started with 4 kilos, then moving to 6 for his second and no lift. It was a great mistake, because 2 kilos in this exercise is a lot. Anyway, Gabriel is a very strong young man, and I am sure that he can be the best in the world in 2-3 years, if he trains hard and gains experience.

Before the comp, I gave him a Mash Monster 6 replica, and without warm-up and chalk and not a serious squezee as well, he close the gripper to 1/2 inch :bow

Gabriel, I encourage to continue with your great progression and hopefully you will be the first man in history to certify the #4. You have the strength !! :mosher

Sounds like Mobster was a bit off in the grippers, at least right handed. His Axle lift was monstrous, however!! :rock

Congrats to Big Steve for the world record and the European Title !!

Well done to everybody who competed , there was some awesome strength displayed there.

A massive well done to Jose for all the hard work!!

Finally back from Spain, been having such a good time it was hard to drag myself away.

My already injured bicep got agravated by the gripper of all things and this seriously affected my axle and one hand deadlift, I actually was going to use the other hand on the single hand deadlift but due to wanting to use my right on the weaver I had to go with using the injured arm which seriously affected my numbers, I'm not great on the axle but should certainly have done more than I did and could/should have got a lot more on the single hand deadlift.

In the end it didn't matter and the weaver stick saw me reel in Gabriel and Steve was never in any danger of losing.

The arm came up pretty badly bruised later that day so will now take some time to let it heal properly. Although I still intend to do the world's strongest hands if at all possible.

Jose put on a great comp, the best I have attended and my thanks go out to him for all his efforts.