Iron mind pinch grip block

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Guest Harlan Jacobs

We got a new Iron Mind pinch block at the gym, So of coarse I couldn't wait to try it.  I was surprised to see how slick it was and that it was 3" wide. I am ashamed to say what I done on it. Here I am , 315 lbs,can close the BBE and pulled a girl-like 45 lbs and could only hold it for 8 seconds. I must have been standing on my skirt ! I can't belive I am even posting this. Are all of the blocks this slick ?  I WILL IMPROVE !

Yah mine's smooth as #### (assuming it's the exact same as yours since it's only about a month old). Althought I've stopped using it for now, my max pull on it was about 40lbs for a few seconds, pretty brutal. (but it was during the beginning of my pinch training so that's my excuse  ;)  :hehe  :D )

Yes Harlan, all of IM's pinch products have a slick, black powder coated surface on them.  I can pinch more on the plates because of the pitted, rough surface.  Same goes for there hub device.  If your gym has any of those chrome plated plates try those, they're even worse (or better if you like a challenge).  When I started w/the IM pinch block (3"version) I didnt use my whole hand.  Now I do and my lifts improved.  The 2" pinch block is still avail thru weightlifters warehouse (Beefbuilder guys).  Good luck.

Harlan,

Don't feel bad.The new block has thrown off some pretty good gripsters.

At the 2002 nationals they had the pinch grip contest(for cash :D )and you'd have been in the thick of things with a little practice :0 ?since you held 45# for 8 seconds perhaps you could pull 52# for the judges....good for 4th place!!!

1.Wade G. 65#

2.pfister    60#

3.Karl G.    55#

4.Nick osborne 52#

5.Phillipi  52#

6.Kirit    42#

7.Baskin 37#

8.Harris  27#

9.Marrunde 27#(hey thats a suprise,i can actually beat him at something :hehe )

10.Goggola 27#

11.Pat Rankin 27 #

I missed the pinch and the Thunder contest but was there for day 2.I think(despite their experience)this was the first time they'd ever used it...and the 3 inches plus the slickness thew them off.

You're in good company dude. :D

Guest Harlan Jacobs

No, I didn't use any . I found it was a bit better,( At least I thought so ) if I just wet my hands with some cold water and rubed them untill they where dry. Chalk seemed to make it even harder.

Guest 77-1005097254

Harlan. I have also just gotten an Irondmind Pinch Grip Block and you are right. They are "very" smooth.  I have only lifted 50lbs on it so far. This is half of what i have done on 2" width pinch grip. I have only ever used the 2" grip before but i like the wider grip as well. Although i cant use the same technique of curling up my thumb and pressing side on. I think 60lbs (27kg ) and 30kg ( 66lbs ) would be good goals to train towards.

Michael.

Guest Harlan Jacobs

To be honest , I have not tried for a long time.  I will give it a shot and see if I have got any beter. I WILL get beter at pinching now that we have a pinch block. When you guys train your pinch, and are ask about weight, do you include the weight of the block and pin ?

I used to use olympic plates, but after awhile the edges of the plates kept tearing up the web of skin between my thumb and index finger. :crazy   Now, I just use my pinch blocks. :)

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Well I tried the 35's today. I had trouble from the floor, but if I pick them up with both hands then let go, I could hold them for about 3 seconds. Man , I have got a long way to go !