Calibrated Choked Closes (parallel)

Paul Knight

Some of the these numbers are close! ie.. Ben and Greg: if I get two that are the same, the date will determine who gets the upper placement, and if there is no date then is whomever turns in their data first ;)

How many (when calibrating) include the decimal places? I could see a situation come up w/this regarding the list - if I'm not mistaken, some do not include the decimal place - is this right? if so - we will need to determine a standard for placement in this situation. Any ideas?

Thanks Paul. Greg earned that higher spot then. I already rounded the number up .2lbs. I calibrate every gripper to the nearest 10th of a pound, or as close as possible with my setup. I'm back in training and will surely better that number one of these days anyway. Good stuff!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vikingsrule92

• Paul Knight

• bencrush

• ewokhugo

I didn't include the decimal place with mine because I don't think the RGC's are that precise. If others want to include it and it knocks me down the list; I can live with it.

My 202 was an adjustable GE that Eaton eyeballed the mounting on, threw it in the calibrator, and it came out at 202 and some change. It was performed at Gripmas 2007 as part of the choker grippers event.

Edited by jad

I almost forgot! ......... This one is an important piece to the puzzle! if your choked closes are nowhere near what your MMS closes are, then you know, you need to focus on your setting!
My name's Twig The Wonder Kid and I can't set worth of cr@p!

Yesterday at the Pacific Grip-Off I got a 133.2 lbs. BBSM calibrated by Ben Edwards

And Joe Barker got my 147 lbs. # 3 calibrated by Aaron C.

Yesterday at the Pacific Grip-Off I got a 133.2 lbs. BBSM calibrated by Ben Edwards

Great job Robert! That's a stout close buddy.

Joe, great close man! Would this be Number10?

I got a 126 lb. HG300 at the Pacific Grip-Off

Good close Travis!

Aug 12 2008, 06:06 PM' post='381007']

Good close Travis!

Look like the Pacific Grip-Off was on the 11th and "Number Ten Ox" performed his close on the 10th, so it would have to be the 11th spot, OR I could have multiple people share the same spot and still just have it in order by date! OK? In other words: both will have the #10 spot, just Number Ten Ox will be above Joe because he peformed the close first - sound fair? ;)

Edited by Paul Knight

Sounds good Paul!!!! My update is 156/18. But that second number is decieving because I'm capable of a 144 or 145 when fresh

Aug 12 2008, 06:06 PM' post='381007']

Good close Travis!

Look like the Pacific Grip-Off was on the 11th and "Number Ten Ox" performed his close on the 10th, so it would have to be the 11th spot, OR I could have multiple people share the same spot and still just have it in order by date! OK? In other words: both will have the #10 spot, just Number Ten Ox will be above Joe because he peformed the close first - sound fair? ;)

My vote would be to eliminate the date factor and go strictly by the gripper rating. Have those closing equally rated grippers tied for the same spot. Just because someone did/posts it first doesn't make the task any easier....just my 2 cents.

pc

Edited by porkchop

• 2 weeks later...

Best Gripper closes choked to parallel

#1. Teemu Ilvesniemi (Teemu I) ......................................... 206 ............. IM #4 .................................. Finland

#2. Aaron Corcorran (Acorn) .............................................. 204 .............. BBSE ................................... USA

#3. Josh Dale (Jad) ............................................................ 202 .............. BBGE (A) ............................. USA

#4. Gregory Allen (Porkchop) ............................................. 192.5 ........... BBSE ................................... USA

#5. Ben Edwards (Bencrush) .............................................. 192 .......................................................... USA

#6. Eric Milfeld (Ericmilfeld) ................................................. 189 ............ BBSE ........... 4/19/08 ........... USA

#7. Paul Knight (Paul Knight) .............................................. 188 ............ BBSE (A) ....... 8/04/08 ......... USA ................ Video:

#8. Chris Rice (Climber511) ................................................ 173.8 ....................................................... USA

#9. Casey Emery (Cemery) ................................................. 157 ............ PDA ............. 4/19/08 .......... USA

#10. Bob Sundin (Odin) ...................................................... 156.4 .......... BBGM ........... 12/8/07 ......... USA

#11. Derek Graybill (Vikingsrule92) .................................... 156 ........................................................... USA

#12. Mike Hadland (Booyah) .............................................. 150 ............. IM #3 ........... 4/19/08 .......... USA

#13. (Number Ten Ox) ....................................................... 147 .............. IM #3 ........... 8/10/08 .......... USA

#13. Joe Barker ................................................................. 147 .............. IM #3 ........... 8/10/08 .......... USA

#14. Robert Alva (Lone Wolf) ............................................ 133.2 ........... BBSM ............ 8/10/08 .......... USA

#15. Travis Rush (TravisRush) ........................................... 126 ............. HG300 ........... 8/10/08 .......... USA

(A) = Adjustable

Dude Paul, Joe Barker and Number Ten Ox are one in the same :D Idk how no one caught it earlier :laugh And my 156 was an Adjustable Elite at MM1 Specs (1/4")

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Here's some #s from Chris Rice's Gripmas Carol Contest:

Open Division

Jedd Johnson 175.000

Dave Thornton 188.000

John Eaton 182.100

Brent Barbe 175.000

Clayton Gellatly 146.300

Jesse Reimann 175.000

Nick Rosendaul 175.000

Jeremiah Fox 163.700

Joey Carr 146.300

Best Lift 188.000

Lightweight Division

Chris Rice 182.100

Bob Lipinski 182.100

Scott George182.100

Bob Sundin 182.100

Stew Rosendaul 163.700

Zach Coulter 163.700

Tim Karwatske 175.000

Best Lift 182.100

link

this guy named Bob Sundin is very strong for a lighweight ! ;)

:D Paul,

i think u need to update the list ...LOL

I forgot about this thread too - haha. Hugo ......... you wanna take this one over too - I'm too lazy with keeping up with threads like these ......... if you don't, does anyyone else wanna volunteer? I've started a new job and I really don't have time :rolleyes

I forgot about this thread too - haha. Hugo ......... you wanna take this one over too - I'm too lazy with keeping up with threads like these ......... if you don't, does anyyone else wanna volunteer? I've started a new job and I really don't have time :rolleyes

I'll take it. I'm on here enough that this wouldn't be too hard :D:laugh

I'll take it. I'm on here enough that this wouldn't be too hard :D:laugh

its yours! ........... you can just reply to the post that has the list on it and edit from there - thanks Derek

P.S. take my name off until I produce a bigger close - I can MMS that gripper now