Calibrated Tns & Ccs Close

Paul Knight

We have a thread on best Calibrated closes, but I'm sure most are MMS ........... I'd also like to see how it carries over!

Please post your best calibrated CCS closes and TNS closes ................ post vids too if you have them, but if you don't have one, still post your PR :)

This would be cool to log also < <

Fine I'll post here too ;) CCS 130 (I think?, if not 124), I don't have any easy enough grippers cal'd for me to TNS them. But I came pretty close to the 124 in my prime

Just thought of this ................. prolly a good idea to list the "spread" of the subject gripper on the TNS closes ;)

someone should ask Florian kellersman. the guy is incredible. he certified with Tetting TNS 2.75" spread Elite. HIs hub lifting is even more impressive.

Edited by aquilonian

Hi. im new on the grippers and i wonder what MMS close is? Does it stand for millimeter close and in that case, how many mm?

I have two 2,5s and two 3s and i can close the 2,5s everytime now, but CCS is A LOT harder!(cant do it yet) and my main question is how to do it best??

I personally uses this progression on the hardest gripper i can close, currently 2,5.

Close whith a set a little wider then parallel

Close and 5-10 sek hold

Close 2-3 full reps (not yet)

Close 3 fingers (not yet)

Close CCS (not yet)

Close No set (not yet)

When i can do all of these goals i think i can close the nr 3 from parallel, but the CCS is still miles away :(

143/ (#2.5, but I don't think it was calibrated)

someone should ask Florian kellersman. the guy is incredible. he certified with Tetting TNS 2.75" spread Elite. HIs hub lifting is even more impressive.

It is listed as a 2 and 5/8" spread gripper. Big difference from the 2.75" gripper.

Hi. im new on the grippers and i wonder what MMS close is? Does it stand for millimeter close and in that case, how many mm?

I have two 2,5s and two 3s and i can close the 2,5s everytime now, but CCS is A LOT harder!(cant do it yet) and my main question is how to do it best??

I personally uses this progression on the hardest gripper i can close, currently 2,5.

Close whith a set a little wider then parallel

Close and 5-10 sek hold

Close 2-3 full reps (not yet)

Close 3 fingers (not yet)

Close CCS (not yet)

Close No set (not yet)

When i can do all of these goals i think i can close the nr 3 from parallel, but the CCS is still miles away :(

MMS stands for Mash Monster Set, which is a set where the handles are pre-closed to parallel with the off hand before attempting to close the gripper. It is the technique used in the Gripboard's mash Monster gripper certification process.

TNS: RB300N from MGC: I think it went 155#? No idea what the spread is, would guess 2.25"ish.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. MMS or parallel close, was that the old teckniqe for certifing on the 3 and 4?

Have anybody certified on the 4 whith ccs?

As soon as we can get some solid #'s, I'll start a list similar to the "Calibrated Gripper Close" list that "ewokhugo" is doing (good job BTW)

Please only list your gripper closes that are calibrated and know the exact calibration so that this may be a competitive list - thanks in advance! :)

TNS: 169 lbs (BBE)

CCS: 182 lbs (a #3.5 and a BBE)

Standard spreads on all these.

TNS: 169 lbs (BBE)

CCS: 182 lbs (a #3.5 and a BBE)

Standard spreads on all these.

I knew you were strong but ..... :blink:blink:blink

OK - I've started the list on the choked close thread (not too complicated), but I would like some feedback on how you guys would like this one structured. The CCS is obvious I think, where I need some feed back is on how we should compare the TNS closes when the spread comes into play. I'm Thinking about grouping the spread widths together, so basically grouping like spreads together and then placing them in order of difficulty - the widest spread grippers will be at the top regardless of the poundage and work down from there, but each group will have a #1 spot. To put it in perspective: if you could find your max effort TNS in each spread width, you could potentially hold the #1 spot in each group. If you have two grippers that claibrate exactly the same, but are in different groups then the wider spread gripper would be the better close (this will be left up to the person reading the list to understand this). If there are grippers that are different in spread and in calibration ,I will not try to compare the closes, simply rank your close based on where it places within its group. Sound OK with everyone? :)

Edited by Paul Knight

CCS (2 13/16"): 122.5 lb (IM #2.5)

TNS (2 5/8")....: 135 lb (RB260N)

pc

Edited by porkchop

OK - I've started the list on the choked close thread (not too complicated), but I would like some feedback on how you guys would like this one structured. The CCS is obvious I think, where I need some feed back is on how we should compare the TNS closes when the spread comes into play. I'm Thinking about grouping the spread widths together, so basically grouping like spreads together and then placing them in order of difficulty - the widest spread grippers will be at the top regardless of the poundage and work down from there, but each group will have a #1 spot. To put it in perspective: if you could find your max effort TNS in each spread width, you could potentially hold the #1 spot in each group. If you have two grippers that claibrate exactly the same, but are in different groups then the wider spread gripper would be the better close (this will be left up to the person reading the list to understand this). If there are grippers that are different in spread and in calibration ,I will not try to compare the closes, simply rank your close based on where it places within its group. Sound OK with everyone? :)

This sounds like a good idea; satisfies the wider spread is harder and at least addresses the handsize issue. Good work! Will be interesting to see if the guys that are tops on wide spread will be tops on narrow spread too??

I was going to post mine but I don't want to make you guy's look bad HAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!! :rock:rock

I need to get a few more before bothering with the list - thanks in advance :)

Here's my CCS below w/a 150 #3 and my best TNS right now is a 143 #3

Edited by Paul Knight

Here is that easy #3 TNS (143)

I forgot to measure the spread on video so I need to do it again (but it had a 2 7/8" spread) :rolleyes I'd like for you guys to measure the spread on video like this:
so I can place you in the cooresponding group ;) Edited by Paul Knight

Paul told me to update this ;) so mine is now a 132 CCS. Still no calibrated TNS closes, not too far away though.

It is listed as a 2 and 5/8" spread gripper. Big difference from the 2.75" gripper.

K cool. I was going off the top of my head. You're probably right. So 2-5/8" instead of 2-6/8". 1/8" difference. I still think its impressive though. What is the average on an elite? my weights are not calibrated so it really means little, but my elite came at 175# . Elite average 165-180#?