• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teemu I

• mobsterone

• StalwartSentinel

• OldGuy

When will Tex be added to the list? Also is there anyway we can find the video of this close, I'd like to see a CCS #3.5!! :rock

Congrats Tex!

Stunning feat! :rock

It would still be an honor to be on that list, because you know it will never grow to be as big as the #3 list, specially not with the CC rule, so everyone who thinks they can do it should still go for it! :rock

It would still be an honor to be on that list, because you know it will never grow to be as big as the #3 list, specially not with the CC rule, so everyone who thinks they can do it should still go for it! :rock
Well of course it's still going to be an honour. :)

Would be nice to see the video now.

someone at IM seems to dislike the gripboard... the keyboard warriors are us i guess. with the excuses :p

great gripping Tex

Well of course it's still going to be an honour. :)

Would be nice to see the video now.

For sure!! My prediction, and its nothing more than that.. a guess, is that the list will be < 10 people in 5 years time.

If Tex can CCS a 3.5, then how close do you suppose he is to MMS a #4, does anyone know? :)

If Tex can CCS a 3.5, then how close do you suppose he is to MMS a #4, does anyone know? :)

MMS is cheating :blink and your only fooling yourself into thinking your stronger by using that "technique", didn't you know this? :dry

Oh and big congrats to Tex. CCS a 3.5 is crazy strong. :rock

Edited by PowerHouse

MMS is cheating :blink and your only fooling yourself into thinking your stronger by using that "technique", didn't you know this? :dry

i don't think that's true. i can sweep a 3 like nothing, but the crush is what fights me. so to me, an MMS is like straight forgetting about the easy part and going straight to the meat and potatoes of the gripper. if you can MMS something imo, your training specifically for a crush. after that you just practice sweeping and maintaining that stamina throughout and you basically close the entire thing.

Cograts Tex, cool to see this list start up, it will be fun over the next year to watch the certs take place :cool

i don't think that's true. i can sweep a 3 like nothing, but the crush is what fights me. so to me, an MMS is like straight forgetting about the easy part and going straight to the meat and potatoes of the gripper. if you can MMS something imo, your training specifically for a crush. after that you just practice sweeping and maintaining that stamina throughout and you basically close the entire thing.

Powerhouse was beeing sarcastic here. :cool

As for how CCS on the #3.5 compares to #4 MMS, I don't expect anyone whose able to CCS average #3.5 to miss #4 by more than 5 mm.

About developing the MMS: I think at certain point you can come to realize, how it's your sweep that's holding you back. I feel like I reached a level of choker strength that should have very well been enough for the MMS on average #4. But the sweep held (still does) me back as I felt spent by the time I had handles set to parallel. What you train is what you develop.

Tex,

Congrats!!! :rock:rock:rock

Powerhouse was beeing sarcastic here. :cool

As for how CCS on the #3.5 compares to #4 MMS, I don't expect anyone whose able to CCS average #3.5 to miss #4 by more than 5 mm.

About developing the MMS: I think at certain point you can come to realize, how it's your sweep that's holding you back. I feel like I reached a level of choker strength that should have very well been enough for the MMS on average #4. But the sweep held (still does) me back as I felt spent by the time I had handles set to parallel. What you train is what you develop.

sorry, i'm a bit thick in the skull lol.

but thanks for the info about the sweep, i'm going to order the 4 in a week or so, so i will see if i can even budge it.

Edited by Pancake Sprawl

Tex should compete in the Global Grip Challenge on Aug. 30th

Some people simply don't like to bend. Maybe he is one of those who don't.