3.5 Credit Card Set....done!

1stCoC

Tex. after 5 credit card thickness "trials" on a brand new gripper sent from Ironmind shut the 3.5 by all rules perscribed by Ironmind. Pictures and video from several angles show the required information and success. Still, with forearms bruised from this past weekend strongman contest and a justified bunch of butterflies in his stomach drove the gripper down... tight shut before a group of witnesses. Richard Sorin 8/5/08

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teemu I

• mobsterone

• StalwartSentinel

• OldGuy

:blink:blink super job! very strong! :rock Wow!

Well done Tex!

Now I have my mind made up not to hurry with this. :)

congrats, and nice job.. great to be first on the list!!!!!

Information and required pictures sent to Dr. Strossen RS

According to their rules they provide you with a witness not you provide them with one. Although every other aspect of their rules may have been covered by setting it up and carrying it out yourself you may have contravened how they want it done.

Information and required pictures sent to Dr. Strossen RS

According to their rules they provide you with a witness not you provide them with one. Although every other aspect of their rules may have been covered by setting it up and carrying it out yourself you may have contravened how they want it done.

I don't think that is the case. I think they contacted IM first. But I do hope for Tex that everything was done by the rules to the detail. Can't wait to see the video.

I was told by Randall Strossen just few hours ago that he wanted to make sure everyone going for it and having a goal of beeing first would have equal chances to do so. So he asked me if I have a specific date in my mind to attempt this. I told him that I can delay my attempt until Finnish Grip Championships on the 29th of September and that intriguing as it would be to be the first, it is not that important vs. the good PR for the national competition. So I can say from my part that IM has handled this well so far.

Edited by Teemu I

Tex contacted Ironmind. I was contacted at a later time to judge. I have been in the past contacted to officiate for numerous contests and several past CoC certifications.Good luck in your efforts to certify but be reminded it is a hard thing to "bring it forth" when subjected to rules. R Sorin

Tex contacted Ironmind. I was contacted at a later time to judge. I have been in the past contacted to officiate for numerous contests and several past CoC certifications.Good luck in your efforts to certify but be reminded it is a hard thing to "bring it forth" when subjected to rules. R Sorin
I'm not sure if this was directed to me or Steve? I hope for Steve as I didn't say anything negative. From my part I can honestly say that I hope they pass Henderson's attempt if it was done by the rules.

As I said previously, I would not be suprised if Tex was the first. I'm still convinced that he will do the same with the #4 in the not too distant future.

I have been in the past contacted to officiate for numerous contests and several past CoC certifications.

Richard... will you be MY judge when it's my time to cert on the #3.5?? :D;)

Way to go Tex, great job! :rock :rock :rock

In my brief meeting with Tex, he impressed me as a very kind, humble and patient man who is blessed with a great gift of strength. I hope to see him again and spend some time talking with him.

I assume Richard's clarification clears up all uncertainty/doubts for you Steve ????

Tex. after 5 credit card thickness "trials" on a brand new gripper sent from Ironmind shut the 3.5 by all rules perscribed by Ironmind. Pictures and video from several angles show the required information and success. Still, with forearms bruised from this past weekend strongman contest and a justified bunch of butterflies in his stomach drove the gripper down... tight shut before a group of witnesses. Richard Sorin 8/5/08

Wow. Congrats to Tex. :rock

You know, I should have bet money that Tex or someone from Richard's camp would be first on that list. :cool

I knew Tex could do it! Please tell him congratulations from me.

I assume Richard's clarification clears up all uncertainty/doubts for you Steve ????

Yes. Pass on my congratulations to Tex.