New Ironmind Certification: Coc No. 3.5

pawel r

Cheers guys. It was edited down - in the original I set, then adjust, then go for the close that you see. Most of the closes were about on par with the video with perhaps 1-2 less so.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• Teemu I

• twig

• Martin_Arildsson

Tried again and it worked in seconds. God that's annoying. :angry:

Anyway:

holy moly :bow

Whatta strong close Mr. Gardener!!!

:rock

Cheers guys. It was edited down - in the original I set, then adjust, then go for the close that you see. Most of the closes were about on par with the video with perhaps 1-2 less so.

So Steve, whaddya think...no Credit Card, but just under a credit card width? 5 centimeters wide? It looks more than 1 3/4 inches, more than 4 centimeters...

Hi Hub, obviously more by feel than actual measure but if not in that video then certainly more than one of the many successful attempts were nice and wide. I'm working on a new grip book and in it I talk about getting the feel for something by repeatedly trying to make it spot on each and every time. I did, as elsewhere, at least 12-14 successful closes with Sam's 3.5. I'd say 3 were under - no shadow of a doubt. The set, the grip etc did not feel right.

One or two, maybe 3, were wider or certainly on the nail. In the video you see my little finger is not even on to begin with but as I begin the close it is added and helps sweep me down to an almost grinding finish. However, regardless of actual CCS to cert levels I'm looking for how it feels, close or otherwise. The more I do, of any grip exercise (indeed most exercise full stop) the more I want to get it right every time. Hence you'll see my bitch over 'only' getting 100kg for X number of singles when others only do 80 or 90 for one.

I've looked and re-looked at the video and baring in mind the size of my hands I stopped it at the widest point when I could and I'd say it was, at worst, a 1/4 inch under. But that was midway through the bunch. Others may have been better.

It is more than 2 inch. Very nice strong close :rock

Great close Steve!

Josh, are you going to sign up?

Awesome job Steve! I look forward to seeing your name on the certified 3.5 roster very, very soon!

pc

Wes, Teemu, Martin, Steve - Awesome crushing guys. Good luck to you guys on certifying!

Words fail me... :bow:bow:bow

Steve, may I ask how old you are now? I'm 44, and you're somewhere about that. I was hoping to be the oldest to cert on this, but it looks like that's not gonna happen. Thanks for making us "old guys" look damn strong!!! :happy:cool

Wes, Teemu, Martin, Steve - Awesome crushing guys. Good luck to you guys on certifying!

Yea!! Good luck guys!!!

No offense to anyone else, but I bet Teemu bags it! :rock

No offence to common sense but it'll be done to whom Randall picks to go first unless you mean whenever.

Paul... are you saying that he's GOING to do it, or is he going to miss it? I think the term can go either way IMO.

Paul... are you saying that he's GOING to do it, or is he going to miss it? I think the term can go either way IMO.

I think he is going to close the gripper and be the first to cert on the 3.5.

Steve - guess I was being kinda obvious again since he was one of the first to sign up :rolleyes - can't wait to see!

watch randall pick someone out of nowhere that no one in the grip world heard of to be the first to certify on the 3.5

watch randall pick someone out of nowhere that no one in the grip world heard of to be the first to certify on the 3.5

I guess those capable of the cert would get over it eventually. :)

It's not impossible knowing him. Watch him find some psycho strong powerlifter/strongman at some expo and he'll take all the fame.