New Ironmind Certification: Coc No. 3.5

pawel r

Patrick had a vid of the #3.5 CCS close on youtube, but he has deleted all his videos.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• Teemu I

• twig

• Martin_Arildsson

Assuming that Vulcan grippers are pretty much similar in strength, Steve's level 16 CCS is more than enough for the #3.5 CCS, in fact should be routine for Steve. I haven't yet really trained much on mine but I didn't need to experiment with it a lot to realize how strong Steve is on these wider sets.

Who do most people think is capable of a #3.5 cert right now? I've seen many people close grippers that are #3.5 and higher on youtube but that's not to say that any of these people can CCS it.

Whoever goes for it, GOOD LUCK :rock

There are a few capable of it right now and I'll inlude myself to those. That's why I contacted Strossen right away. ;)

This 182 lbs Elite for example, feels harder than most #3.5's I've closed and this was 4 months ago. I also came within a couple of mm from CCS on the 190 lbs #3.5. New #3.5 can be anything between 170-190 lbs, but most likely around 180 lbs. So it is well within reach. Of course there's a chance of failure but so what.

To be honest Teemu when I first found out that Ironmind had introduced the #3.5 cert, you were the first person I thought of that would be capable of doing it. I know there are many others that could do it but I think you're showing the most promise. Good luck to you and all the others that go for it, I wish I was at that level but I'm still mastering the #3 :)

Actually it'll be who can arrange it first with the blessing of IM and Randall. Not necessarily who is strong enough right now.

Steve, I've seen your Vulcan closes on youtube but is there anyway I can find more of you nomal gripper closes on video somewhere? I wanna back an Englishman but I've not seen many of your closes :rock:rock:rock

Who do most people think is capable of a #3.5 cert right now? I've seen many people close grippers that are #3.5 and higher on youtube but that's not to say that any of these people can CCS it.

Whoever goes for it, GOOD LUCK :rock

There are a few capable of it right now and I'll inlude myself to those. That's why I contacted Strossen right away. ;)

This 182 lbs Elite for example, feels harder than most #3.5's I've closed and this was 4 months ago. I also came within a couple of mm from CCS on the 190 lbs #3.5. New #3.5 can be anything between 170-190 lbs, but most likely around 180 lbs. So it is well within reach. Of course there's a chance of failure but so what.

To be honest Teemu when I first found out that Ironmind had introduced the #3.5 cert, you were the first person I thought of that would be capable of doing it. I know there are many others that could do it but I think you're showing the most promise. Good luck to you and all the others that go for it, I wish I was at that level but I'm still mastering the #3 :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'm the first to say Steve is stronger than I am on these wide sets. I'm 100% certain of that. Also I bet there are others, but there's really not much info available on the CCS abilities of those capable of closing some of these bigger grippers.

Thanks again, don't know it yet when this opportunity will be arranged but whenever it is, I'll try my best to be ready on that day. :)

Who do most people think is capable of a #3.5 cert right now?
Teemu, Martin Arildson, Patrick, And our very own Mobster, others from the UK, Savage and Sam.

Teemu, Martin Arildson, Patrick, And our very own Mobster, others from the UK, Savage and Sam.

Thanks for the "vote"! When I'm feeling on I can close my first #3.5 with a pretty wide set, haven't tried my newest #3.5 with wide sets. If it feels good today I'll try to record it.

So who's signed up with Randy so far?!

- Teemu

- Sounds like you have Steve

whoe else has already contacted IM?

Assuming that Vulcan grippers are pretty much similar in strength, Steve's level 16 CCS is more than enough for the #3.5 CCS, in fact should be routine for Steve. I haven't yet really trained much on mine but I didn't need to experiment with it a lot to realize how strong Steve is on these wider sets.

I'd hazard a guess it has helped a great deal with precisely that. Highly recommended (I ought to be on commission ;) ).

Actually it'll be who can arrange it first with the blessing of IM and Randall. Not necessarily who is strong enough right now.

Steve, I've seen your Vulcan closes on youtube but is there anyway I can find more of you nomal gripper closes on video somewhere? I wanna back an Englishman but I've not seen many of your closes :rock:rock:rock

Yes: I think there's some attempts at an easy 4 (3.7 'ish) here included.

Some can close it but not CCS it - not yet.

So who's signed up with Randy so far?!

- Teemu

- Sounds like you have Steve

whoe else has already contacted IM?

I showed my interest and following today's session (see my log) I'll ask for a chance to cert at the Euros if not sooner.

What about Wes? There used to be that thread "race to TNS the #3.5" or something, he was fairly close, he said? Maidenfan seemed to be close also, using TNS, he has large hands.

Just to name a few who would be "close" to the feat.

What about Paul Savage? Didn't he CCS the Vulcan, like, 3 levels above Steve's close?? Or do I have this information wrong?

What about Wes? There used to be that thread "race to TNS the #3.5" or something, he was fairly close, he said? Maidenfan seemed to be close also, using TNS, he has large hands.

Just to name a few who would be "close" to the feat.

What about Paul Savage? Didn't he CCS the Vulcan, like, 3 levels above Steve's close?? Or do I have this information wrong?

Yes. The close was null and void. Firstly Twig, by accident, handed it to Paul the wrong way round as per cert rules. In addition, as per some CCS attempts by some on youtube the card is not clearly visible between the handles. Some, including Paul with his level 19 attempt, get one end in and then without realizing that he had allowed the other side of the card to rest on the other handle. It needs to pass through.

Will he do a l;evel 19 soon? For sure. However, like Sam (with whom I had a blinding training session today) they need to practise the cert styles required. Today Sam did close after close with an average 3 using the style that will get passed by a referee at the Euro's. As opposed to a looser style done in training.

Right hand looked good. I did a video of one of my many efforts today but it was not with a credit card.

Yeah, right hand looked good, nice T! :rock:rock