Rgc Ratings

MalachiMcMullen

1 minute ago, mcalpine1986 said:

2mm yes is normal of course but you say they go from 58mm to 72mm. Thats a fair difference. Im not saying yours are fakes i just know they exist. Im sure yours are the real deal. 

Aye nice to see you on here. 👍 its a bit different on reddit compared to the gripboard. Im still getting used to all the up and down votings stuff. 

Yeah I did say ignore the 150s, they got replaced but still thought I'd measure them. Rather than getting some more 150s I wanted the 300s which do seem like a brick 😂. They didn't do the 350 back then I don't think and I didn't care for a 100 so I basically had the full set. So ignoring the 150s we are talking 58-62mm across the 3 that I'm pretty certain are legit and not defective/fake/old design. Considering people seem to slate HGs for being budget that seems pretty consistent to me to be honest. Hopefully that helps @eman if he checks his?

I've been reading and lurking on here but haven't posted. Do keep an eye on the RGC thread as find it interesting. Wonder if I can get God's to do a 4 for 3 deal on the ratings, not sure I wanna pay to get the 150s rated but at the same time I am sort of interested in what they'll come out at ha!

2 minutes ago, Kaesar83 said:

Yeah I did say ignore the 150s, they got replaced but still thought I'd measure them. Rather than getting some more 150s I wanted the 300s which do seem like a brick 😂. They didn't do the 350 back then I don't think and I didn't care for a 100 so I basically had the full set. So ignoring the 150s we are talking 58-62mm across the 3 that I'm pretty certain are legit and not defective/fake/old design. Considering people seem to slate HGs for being budget that seems pretty consistent to me to be honest. Hopefully that helps @eman if he checks his?

I've been reading and lurking on here but haven't posted. Do keep an eye on the RGC thread as find it interesting. Wonder if I can get God's to do a 4 for 3 deal on the ratings, not sure I wanna pay to get the 150s rated but at the same time I am sort of interested in what they'll come out at ha!

Sorry i mate i missed you saying ignore it. Ive been up since 1:30 so damn tired. 

Yes that good consistancy tbh. As good as any other brand. Gods of grips rating service is actually cheaper if you get more done. 1 is 8 quid but i got 3 done for 22. Only took a few days. I only paid 3 quid off for royal mail recorded delivery to send them off. Its worth doing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Sorry i mate i missed you saying ignore it. Ive been up since 1:30 so damn tired. 

Yes that good consistancy tbh. As good as any other brand. Gods of grips rating service is actually cheaper if you get more done. 1 is 8 quid but i got 3 done for 22. Only took a few days. I only paid 3 quid off for royal mail recorded delivery to send them off. Its worth doing.

No worries mate, and why on earth are you up that late?

Managed to find some emails.. the 150 came from the same company but it was via Amazon funnily enough. I wonder if it was "fulfilled" by them out of one of their warehouses. I also forgot that I ordered a 2nd 200, from a different seller on Amazon. Those were weaker than the 200s I kept and felt the same difficulty as the "wonky 150s" so I sold those to a friend for cheap but I do think they had a normal spread. Looks like Amazon warehousing was probably the issue then.

Yeah I should do that when I cba to get some bubble wrap. Annoyingly I had some the other week and asked the Missus if she needed it before I threw it out.. didn't think about keeping it for wrapping the grippers if I wanted to rate them, d'oh!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kaesar83 said:

No worries mate, and why on earth are you up that late?

Managed to find some emails.. the 150 came from the same company but it was via Amazon funnily enough. I wonder if it was "fulfilled" by them out of one of their warehouses. I also forgot that I ordered a 2nd 200, from a different seller on Amazon. Those were weaker than the 200s I kept and felt the same difficulty as the "wonky 150s" so I sold those to a friend for cheap but I do think they had a normal spread. Looks like Amazon warehousing was probably the issue then.

Yeah I should do that when I cba to get some bubble wrap. Annoyingly I had some the other week and asked the Missus if she needed it before I threw it out.. didn't think about keeping it for wrapping the grippers if I wanted to rate them, d'oh!

I drank a bottle of 14% red wine and woke up then and just could not get back to sleep lol. Still had a great workout though. Got a better close on my 2.5 right and nearly closed my gog 250 with my left. Need to now update my workout log on here.

Good stuff. At least its your 150 thats Narrow not the others, my mate has some Hgs and he loves them. Real workhorse grippers. 

You should get some. Im lucky i get bubble wrap at work. Its worth doing, i honestly think to go far with grippers you need to train on rated one. I mean look at cannons ratings chart just to show how much the ratings can vary.

Sorry for the slow response the Heavy Grips are legit as far as I know. I purchased them directly from Amazon and they came in the heavy grips packaging for what its worth. I took a picture showing the difference in spread from the HG200 to the HG150. I will try and provide actual measurements and I suppose it is still an "acceptable variance" but it sure doesn't feel like an Iron Mind spread

HG200.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eman said:

Sorry for the slow response the Heavy Grips are legit as far as I know. I purchased them directly from Amazon and they came in the heavy grips packaging for what its worth. I took a picture showing the difference in spread from the HG200 to the HG150. I will try and provide actual measurements and I suppose it is still an "acceptable variance" but it sure doesn't feel like an Iron Mind spread

HG200.jpg

The HGs are around 1cm~ narrower than CoCs, at least mine are but I've only got 1 to compare them against. I actually prefer the narrower spread of the HGs.

Edited by Kaesar83

On 9/8/2020 at 1:30 PM, eman said:

Also odd the HG200 I have has one of the smallest spreads I have ever seen? so go figure ...

I have an HG300 with a 2” spread that rates about 115. They sometimes just vary that much. I don’t consider this defective or bad. In fact I believe this kind of variability is the cornerstone of building a personalized gripper collection. That HG300 is one of my favorite grippers and has more reps on it than almost anything in my collection. 😁

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I have an HG300 with a 2” spread that rates about 115. They sometimes just vary that much. I don’t consider this defective or bad. In fact I believe this kind of variability is the cornerstone of building a personalized gripper collection. That HG300 is one of my favorite grippers and has more reps on it than almost anything in my collection. 😁

Jeez that's weaker than a 250? I guess it doesn't really matter tho what it says on the handle if it fills a gap in your grippers. Out of interest what are you able to close Matt?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kaesar83 said:

Jeez that's weaker than a 250? I guess it doesn't really matter tho what it says on the handle if it fills a gap in your grippers. Out of interest what are you able to close Matt?

Exactly!

My best close is a 164 Elite but that was a while ago now. Last year I trained back up to about 145 before some sore knuckles cropped up. Right now I’m good for about 130 any given day. 🤗

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Exactly!

My best close is a 164 Elite but that was a while ago now. Last year I trained back up to about 145 before some sore knuckles cropped up. Right now I’m good for about 130 any given day. 🤗

Ah awesome!

I'm going to get mine rated but being in the UK I'll have to go with someone over here due to shipping costs. I'll be sure to post up the results tho.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kaesar83 said:

Ah awesome!

I'm going to get mine rated but being in the UK I'll have to go with someone over here due to shipping costs. I'll be sure to post up the results tho.

You might be surprised about the shipping costs. 🤗

6 minutes ago, Cannon said:

You might be surprised about the shipping costs. 🤗

I did look, cheaper than expected but will also get stung for handling fees this end because why not, licence for the Royal Mail to print money, unfortunately. Oh and it'll cost me a bomb to get them there, that's the main issue for me. However, doesn't mean I wouldn't order from you guys just sending to you is prohibitive.

Edited by Kaesar83

14 hours ago, Cannon said:

Exactly!

Excellent matt. Also didnt you only weigh really light?

18 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Excellent matt. Also didnt you only weigh really light?

About 150-155 lbs. I was 145 when I closed a 158 in competition. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

An interesting concept I never considered...

Can you more than  "RGC close your weight?"

That would be a very high standard to hit. Never going to happen to me, that's for sure. 

Matt Cannon, 109%!

I think I am about 60% right now😟

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cannon said:

That is awesome. Im heavier 170lbs but still a smaller guy so its inspriring to see guys like you Matt close big grippers. Id noticed most of the top guys with grippers are mostly 200+

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

An interesting concept I never considered...

Can you more than  "RGC close your weight?"

That would be a very high standard to hit. Never going to happen to me, that's for sure. 

Matt Cannon, 109%!

I think I am about 60% right now😟

That sure is interesting. Id be about 72% now but im changing that every workout. A goal of equal to bodyweight at least a mms would be achieveable for someone my weight.

50 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

That sure is interesting. Id be about 72% now but im changing that every workout. A goal of equal to bodyweight at least a mms would be achieveable for someone my weight.

Matt, that is a fantastic stat.  Very, very few folks can say they have closed more RGC than they weighed!  I'm usually at about 175 pounds with some beer belly, but was up to 185 when I closed MM2.  If I can keep the strength while losing 20-25 pounds, then I'd have a body weight close, but losing 25 pounds and not losing any strength is a tall order even if it's belly fat! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Matt, that is a fantastic stat.  Very, very few folks can say they have closed more RGC than they weighed!  I'm usually at about 175 pounds with some beer belly, but was up to 185 when I closed MM2.  If I can keep the strength while losing 20-25 pounds, then I'd have a body weight close, but losing 25 pounds and not losing any strength is a tall order even if it's belly fat! 

Thanks for the kind words 😊.  As far as I know, I was the first to go over body weight in competition. Then a few others followed. Derek Greybill and Yori Skutt I’m almost positive. Tanner I’m pretty sure, and maybe Andrew Durniat and Eric Milfeld. Probably forgetting someone but I know it’s a short list. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Another one I've pondered is:  Can you RGC close more than __ (other one hand grip feat) or more than half __ (specify two-hand grip feat).  This is not so much a body weight thing but a comparative strength thing.  For example, I can close on a gripper just about what I can pull on rolling thunder, and a little more than half what I can deadlift (axle or olympic, doesn't make much difference since my deadlift is limited by my legs and core before my grip gives out).  But I think my crush is better than my other grip and body strengths, so maybe most people would have a different result on those comparisons.  It's the math geek in me that likes to see these relations.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hopefully said:

On another note Vinnie, how are the levering related gains coming along with the grippers? 

I'm not sure if that's what was helping, but for months I was struggling in low 150s, my 150 being about the hardest gripper I could reliably close for a single, and hit and miss on 153 and 155.  And I was never able to get a close on the 160.  Then in the span of like a month, which coincided with doing some sledges (more supination and pronation than lever), I suddenly was getting the 160 reliably for a single and once for a double, then the MM2.  I don't think I did anything else differently, and I may even have lost five pounds body weight (all fat though).  So I figured it might be the wrist work, as I had never really thought about wrists before.  Could also be dumb luck.  Glad I sent for the MM2 when I did.  Felt like I was being rash but it was the right time!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my grippers back from being rated by GoG.

HG150: 65
HG200: 73
HG250: 102
CoC#2: 102
HG300: 131

Looking at cannons data they seem 10-13lb~ light. The reason I think this is because 150s are definitely at least hard because of how wide the sweep is (for HGs) but only come out middle at best.

My friends 200s feel exactly like my 150s, so whilst I would say he has easy 200s and my 200s are probably middle of the road. If we go by the fact his 200s match my 150s and are rated at 65 then this would be 20lbs weaker than the lowest 200s cannon have ever rated. It also means I've somehow got 250's 12lbs lighter and 300's 13lbs lighter than the lightest cannon has ever rated as well. Also one of the lighter coc#2s. 

That statistician in me says this is highly unlikely for all these things to be true (5 grippers being the lightest ever with my friends 200 being 20lb less than what it remotely should be?).

if I add around 10lbs or so to each of these then the 150s are a hard 150 with their extra wide sweep. My 200s are middling, my friends 200 would be an easy 200. The 250 an easy 250, the 300 an easy 300 and the coc#2 above medium.

I wonder if they have rated with a .85" strap or something so less weight was required to close them.

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone else nearby who has any grippers rated that I can compare them against feel wise.

Either way at least I've got something to go off of and can see the gaps better but might be tricky ordering to fill those if I'm not that confident in the numbers compared to cpw.

Edited by Kaesar83
Clarity
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 7:30 PM, Kaesar83 said:

Finally got my grippers back from being rated by GoG.

HG150: 65
HG200: 73
HG250: 102
CoC#2: 102
HG300: 131

Looking at cannons data they seem 10-13lb~ light. The reason I think this is because 150s are definitely at least hard because of how wide the sweep is (for HGs) but only come out middle at best.

My friends 200s feel exactly like my 150s, so whilst I would say he has easy 200s and my 200s are probably middle of the road. If we go by the fact his 200s match my 150s and are rated at 65 then this would be 20lbs weaker than the lowest 200s cannon have ever rated. It also means I've somehow got 250's 12lbs lighter and 300's 13lbs lighter than the lightest cannon has ever rated as well. Also one of the lighter coc#2s. 

That statistician in me says this is highly unlikely for all these things to be true (5 grippers being the lightest ever with my friends 200 being 20lb less than what it remotely should be?).

if I add around 10lbs or so to each of these then the 150s are a hard 150 with their extra wide sweep. My 200s are middling, my friends 200 would be an easy 200. The 250 an easy 250, the 300 an easy 300 and the coc#2 above medium.

I wonder if they have rated with a .85" strap or something so less weight was required to close them.

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone else nearby who has any grippers rated that I can compare them against feel wise.

Either way at least I've got something to go off of and can see the gaps better but might be tricky ordering to fill those if I'm not that confident in the numbers compared to cpw.

Solid points but HGs can and do vary massively. Matt says he has a Hg300 rating 115lbs. Also remember the sample size of on the heavy grips data is small. Like only 17 250s tested and 14 300s. 

So to me the only one thats seems a bit low is the Hg 250 but like we said on IG that could of been a mistake since it rated exactly the same as your coc 2 or it could just be a conincidence that its the same. 

6 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Solid points but HGs can and do vary massively. Matt says he has a Hg300 rating 115lbs. Also remember the sample size of on the heavy grips data is small. Like only 17 250s tested and 14 300s. 

So to me the only one thats seems a bit low is the Hg 250 but like we said on IG that could of been a mistake since it rated exactly the same as your coc 2 or it could just be a conincidence that its the same. 

Yeah I'm just taking them with a pinch of salt. What I don't want to do is spend a lot on filling the gaps to then find out that because they rate differently to what cpw do then I end up with another expensive gripper "the same" as what I already have even tho the numbers differ on the tags. That's my biggest concern tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaesar83 said:

Yeah I'm just taking them with a pinch of salt. What I don't want to do is spend a lot on filling the gaps to then find out that because they rate differently to what cpw do then I end up with another expensive gripper "the same" as what I already have even tho the numbers differ on the tags. That's my biggest concern tbh.

Yeah see where your coming from but ive spoke to  few people who have had ratings from Gog and not seen anything that would suggest they are wrong. Also the post about being on par with CPWs ratings on reddit. I think heavy grips are the hardest grippers to compare to other brands as well since the poundage and spreads vary so much. 

I bet if you tested say 50 of each strength gripper you would find a lot of variance. Also i remember a post on here by CPW saying that the average spread of a Hg was 65mm new but after some full closes and testing the ratings they lost about 5mm on average in spread. Maybe Matt can chime in a bit more on this? 

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 1