Rgc Ratings

MalachiMcMullen

Would anyone like to build me an RGC and the correct strap to use? I will pay for it.

Thanks

Would anyone like to build me an RGC and the correct strap to use? I will pay for it.

Thanks

PM climber511.

Thanks

PM climber511.

Will do. Thanks Zach.

Thanks

PM climber511.

Will do. Thanks Zach.

Chris (Climber) made mine and it's great.

Thanks

PM climber511.

Will do. Thanks Zach.

Chris (Climber) made mine and it's great.

Climber built my RGC and it fits right in the holes on my power rack :cool

Today I calibrated a few of gmov aka Timmy aka Scoy aka Steels aka Samuel Scott’s grippers.

Samuel Scott’s Grippers:

---------------------------------kgs-------lbs

BBSE---------------------------99--------218

IM#3.5 2006----------------79.75----176

IM#3 2002-------------------72.75---160

A few things should be taken into account with these numbers. The #3’s numbers are artificially high because it is rusted to the $#!t house:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e154/Pun...cr/P1050151.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e154/Pun...cr/P1050150.jpg

He told me specifically NOT to oil or clean the #3.

For a number of reasons, I also strongly believe that he has re-mounted the BBSE.

Firstly, the drift pins are all monged. The following picture does not do justice as to how bad they look in person. The gripper on the left of the screen is my BBSE (for comparison) and Timmy’s is on the right:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e154/Pun...cr/P1050154.jpg

Secondly, it is SEVERELY peg legged. When closed there is a 5mm difference between the ends of the handles (which also made it harder to calibrate):

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e154/Pun...cr/P1050156.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e154/Pun...cr/P1050155.jpg

Interesting case study there :D

How did you get his grippers?

Edit: I think you also accidently outed him as gmov who appears to be banned now. :trout

Edited by Cannon

I also post on the Aussie Strength forum and offered to calibrate grippers for anyone who's interested. He posted on that forum asking me to do his grippers and gmov PM'ed me on this forum. He also said that he'd send me his (and this is a direct quote) "Piss Weak no.3", which he didn't end up doing. Apparently it has a 2.5" spread.

Edit: He got banned yesterday.

Edited by chop163

I thought the incessant questions about Silver Crushes would have been a bit of a clue :D

I thought the incessant questions about Silver Crushes would have been a bit of a clue :D

Yeah, now that read back through his posts I can see it :D

Most people here have known that for a while. Me and Paul have been talking about it for over a month :D He'll be back, give him 2-3 weeks maximum to be annoying people. 3 days for a new account ...

Most people here have known that for a while. Me and Paul have been talking about it for over a month :D He'll be back, give him 2-3 weeks maximum to be annoying people. 3 days for a new account ...

He's already been on quite a bit under "Frenchman", I notice.

Edited by Magnus

An update:

After I called Timmy out on the BBSE, and a number of PMs back and forth,I eventually got this message:

"Oh, about that SE, I had it remounted for goodness sakes."

I then edited my Aussie Strength post to let people know it was re-mounted so everyone knows my calibrations are fair, open and accurate. To which his reply was:

"I don't think the Remounting affected the strength of my super elite, because it was originally sub-flush mount."

"In regards to that Super Elite, it was originally mounted as deeply as the side that's sub-flush, I extended the handle out so I could perform negatives without my pinky slipping off. I hope that clears a few issues, and on the final note, I 'may' clean that #3 and have it recal'd. The reason why I didn't clean it is that it makes the setting more difficult ~ I still don't think, providing th calibrator was worked down ~ it would effect the closing stages."

In regards to to the #3, I firmly believe that its numbers were effected by the poor condition of the gripper. I've offered to clean his #3 as best I can and re-cal' it, I don't know how much fairer I can be.

My fault, first time with Google docs. Should be published now. If you have a question about a particular gripper, you'll have to ask since those numbers didn't translate in the published version.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pQa...IQcxkjb4Z-i8DPA

Wow that is an amazing amount of data; nice presentation as well. Thanks for putting it together.

Got some new grippers today:

Chrome BBE-------------------79-------174

Chrome BBGM ----------------69-------152

Chrome BBSM ---------------62.25-----137

Chrome BBM------------------47.75----105

Obviously they feel harder because they're heavy and slick.

Gmov aka Timmy aka Scoy aka Steels aka Samuel Scott took me up on my offer to clean, oil and re-calibrate his 2002 #3, so now it’s not ridiculously rusty:

IM#3 2002--------------------70.25----155

So that’s a change of 2.5kgs (5lbs).

Another set of calibrated grippers:

- Nelssoni IM #1.5 / 41 kg / 90.50 lbs / rating = 1.27

- Nelssoni IM #1_filed / 42,5 kg / 93.81 lbs / rating = 1.40

- Nelssoni IM #2 / 51 kg / 112.58 lbs / rating = 2.06

- Nelssoni IM #2_filed / 52.5 kg / 115.89 lbs / rating = 2.15

- Nelssoni IM #2.5 / 57 kg / 125.82 lbs / rating = 2.40

- Nelssoni IM #2.5_filed / 58.5 kg / 129.13 lbs / rating = 2.48

- Nelssoni IM #3 / 62.5 kg / 137.96 lbs / rating = 2.70

- Nelssoni IM #3 / 64 kg / 141.3 lbs / rating = 2.78

- Nelssoni IM #3.5 / 75 kg / 165.56 lbs / rating = 3.26

- Nelssoni IM #3.5 / 76.5 kg / 168.90 lbs / rating = 3.32

- Nelssoni IM #4 / 92 kg / 203.1 lbs / rating = 3.90

- Nelssoni IM #4 / 96 kg / 211.92 lbs / rating = 4.05

Total amount 497

Edited by kilkkinen

Calibrated a couple of James Grahame’s grippers:

IM#3 2005--------------------72-------159

RB240------------------------70.25----155

It’s a FIRM #3, even from feel, it’s definitely the hardest normal #3 I’ve seen yet. Got a bunch of #3s of Verdigriz's to do tomorrow, so we'll see what's in that bunch. Also got some gripper's from Mikael (including a couple #3s) to calibrate, and his Dave Morton built RGC (mine's made by Climber) to see if there's any difference between cal rigs.

Calibrated a couple of James Grahame’s grippers:

It’s a FIRM #3, even from feel, it’s definitely the hardest normal #3 I’ve seen yet. Got a bunch of #3s of Verdigriz's to do tomorrow, so we'll see what's in that bunch. Also got some gripper's from Mikael (including a couple #3s) to calibrate, and his Dave Morton built RGC (mine's made by Climber) to see if there's any difference between cal rigs.

Was there?

Calibrated a couple of James Grahame's grippers:

It's a FIRM #3, even from feel, it's definitely the hardest normal #3 I've seen yet. Got a bunch of #3s of Verdigriz's to do tomorrow, so we'll see what's in that bunch. Also got some gripper's from Mikael (including a couple #3s) to calibrate, and his Dave Morton built RGC (mine's made by Climber) to see if there's any difference between cal rigs.

He sent you the entire calibration device as well? Am I reading that wrong?

No you didn't read it wrong, except replace "sent you" with "placed in your hand". Met and trained with Mikael Siversson yesterday :rock First time I've had the chance to have any contact with a high caliber grip guy. Learning technique from someone who knows what they're doing (as apposed to learning entirely from the internet) makes such a huge difference. In one session with Mikael my 2 hand pinch went from a PR 50kg (110lbs) to 69kg (152lbs), that's a 19kg (42lbs) jump! And in his specialty (read world record) lift, the v-bar, I went from a PR of 90kg (198lbs) to 120kgs (264.5lbs). He also showed me how to reverse bend properly, and I ended up bending steel that I couldn't even bend DO. And not only that, he happens to be a really nice guy too.

Frank, I'll find out today if there's any difference in cal rigs.