Rated Gripper Close

ewokhugo

I'd like to start this contest , should be +- the same as the "coin challenge" but this time its necessary to post your P.B with your calibrated gripper(no need to use a coin).

mmset should be used.

my best close so far was using my rb 240 (its betwen my #2.5 and my #3 ... its NOT CALIBRATED .. should be around 2.7.(3 reps).

i know in Finland this contest its a good thing because it helps to motivate people to achieve higher goals.

i know my rb 240 should be around 2.7 because i have one gripper calibrated at 3.06(mm1).

if this sounds interesting to u fell free to post your p.b using one calibrated gripper. :rock

I'd like to start this contest , should be +- the same as the "coin challenge" but this time its necessary to post your P.B with your calibrated gripper(no need to use a coin).

mmset should be used.

my best close so far was using my rb 240 (its betwen my #2.5 and my #3 ... its NOT CALIBRATED .. should be around 2.7.(3 reps).

i know in Finland this contest its a good thing because it helps to motivate people to achieve higher goals.

i know my rb 240 should be around 2.7 because i have one gripper calibrated at 3.06(mm1).

if this sounds interesting to u fell free to post your p.b using one calibrated gripper. :rock

Hugo, should people only post PRs on calibrated grippers...? That's what I thought you meant.

I'm at 149lbs. It was a #3.

Sounds good, Hugo :rock I'll jump in when I finally close my 3.17 300.

179 Elite. It's Scott Harris's Elite so I don't remember the change on the end of the 179. We ought to post the spreads too because that definitely affects the gripper you can close. The Elite was only 2.75" spread. On a 2.5" or narrower gripper I'd be good for around 185 I think.

"Hugo, should people only post PRs on calibrated grippers...? That's what I thought you meant. "

Yes MATT , only calibrated GRIPPERS:-)

Thanks Magnus for your kind words:-)

OVER THE TOP CHALLENGE! WHO WILL REACH A BIGGER GRIPPER THAN 4.0?

1-Bencrush-------USA--3.58------------------- (BBE)

2-Lukeamdman--USA - 3.36--------------------(COC#3)

3-Koura-----------FINLAND 3.28----------------(COC#3.5)

4-Cannon---------USA - 2.98-------------------(COC#3)

5-Noob Saibot----ENGLAND - 2.72-------------(D.H.R.W.M)

P-s- Am i doing the calibration correctly? 179=3.58? i am using 3.00=150 lbs. Please correct me if i am wrong.

My best so far is the 3.86, but it is a narrow Pro so I don't know if you want to count that. I should soon (maybe tomorrow) get the calibrated numbers on the MM3dup I recently got from Sam and closed it with my right hand.

179 lbs would be 3.49 actually. You might want to use the poundage only, if you make a list, it is easier to avoid the confusion that way.

My PB is an Elite calibrated at 170lbs (3.34 as rated by Greg Amidon).

pc

Does anyone have the formula that determines rating by lbs? I read on another post ((lbs*150)/3) but that doesn't work out to the numbers I have seen.

Edited by porkchop

Remember, Tommy is a board member...I think it's been won :D;)

Edited by Magnus

179 lbs would be 3.49 actually. You might want to use the poundage only, if you make a list, it is easier to avoid the confusion that way.

Yeah, something is happening with your calculations, Hugo. Luke's #3 at 168lbs should be 3.31 rounded.

Maybe stick with poundages. This would also help clarify that you're looking for RGC numbers.

Does anyone have the formula that determines rating by lbs? I read on another post ((lbs*150)/3) but that doesn't work out to the numbers I have seen.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...mp;#entry337411

Ok, my personal best so far is David Thornton's #3. My #3 cal'd at 152.6lbs on Chris Rice's RGC with cal'd plates. Neither Dave nor myself could tell the difference between his #3 and mine except that mine has a tad tougher sweep. So for now, speaking literally, my best CALIBRATED CLOSE was a 2.8 #3 a few months ago. My unofficial best is a 152.6lb #3.

Oh yeah, Hugo, I think 152.5 is a perfect #3. On gripperhell they mentioned that the more #3's they cal'd and including the new Gr8 springed #3's, bumped the average "perfect" #3 to 152.5. It wont effect the ratings all too much but for the sake of arguement, lets go with Ben on this and use poundages :D

Remember, Tommy is a board member...I think it's been won :D;)

This is not to take anything away from Tommy, but I'm not too sure about that. The highest KNOWN calibrated poundage #4 to be closed was 190 lbs.

No offence meant buddy, but that type of statements have a habit of turning into stories told as truth. Even if you express you are kidding with emoticons.

Edited by Teemu I

Oh yeah, Hugo, I think 152.5 is a perfect #3. On gripperhell they mentioned that the more #3's they cal'd and including the new Gr8 springed #3's, bumped the average "perfect" #3 to 152.5. It wont effect the ratings all too much but for the sake of arguement, lets go with Ben on this and use poundages :D

It would be nice if the others using RGC-type machines could chime in here. I thought everyone was still using 150. All my calibrations have been based on 150lbs as 3.00.

It would be nice if the others using RGC-type machines could chime in here. I thought everyone was still using 150. All my calibrations have been based on 150lbs as 3.00.

Matti is also using 150 lbs as a 3.00.

My best so far is the 3.86, but it is a narrow Pro so I don't know if you want to count that. I should soon (maybe tomorrow) get the calibrated numbers on the MM3dup I recently got from Sam and closed it with my right hand.

This is a good point. Spread plays a huge role so is there a minimum width requirement? A lot of 2.75" grippers shrink down, so do 2 5/8" count, what about 2 11/16"? I'd say count it Teemu! Then if we started calibrating to parallel and then parallel to close, what about grippers that measure higher at parallel but equal or within 2.5# on the close? What a mess!

My best calibrated gripper close MMS is a BBGE set at MM6 specs. It tested out at 195#. Eric watched some of my attempts on Eatons 199# #4 at SOH in between the contest choker closes and I remember getting that one pretty close as well. Just a matter of time and effort once my finger heals up.

- Aaron

I think the "3.0" scale is pretty worthless now that we know what the calibrated number is. No sense dicking around with an extra math step. Really, just list the poundage and save the confusion.

This is a good point. Spread plays a huge role so is there a minimum width requirement? A lot of 2.75" grippers shrink down, so do 2 5/8" count, what about 2 11/16"? I'd say count it Teemu! Then if we started calibrating to parallel and then parallel to close, what about grippers that measure higher at parallel but equal or within 2.5# on the close? What a mess!

Well, in Finland we have a gripper ranking list for the combined total for right hand and left hand and we have agreed that it is ok to use narrow grippers for the list. All the grippers are calibrated by Matti, so the numbers are as comparable as they can be. We thought that anyone has a chance to get themselves narrow grippers or borrow them from others, so it's fair. But that's just the way I see it.

Well, in Finland we have a gripper ranking list for the combined total for right hand and left hand and we have agreed that it is ok to use narrow grippers for the list. All the grippers are calibrated by Matti, so the numbers are as comparable as they can be. We thought that anyone has a chance to get themselves narrow grippers or borrow them from others, so it's fair. But that's just the way I see it.

I agree and that's a cool list you guys have :rock

I think the "3.0" scale is pretty worthless now that we know what the calibrated number is. No sense dicking around with an extra math step. Really, just list the poundage and save the confusion.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jad

It's much more fun to compare 3.34 with 3.41 and so on, then it is to compare 170,1 with 174,2 pounds! :D