Rated Gripper Close

ewokhugo

I'm guessing it's an older SE. Anything within the last few years is going to be a brick.

Wow, those super elites seem to vary a lot for some reason than any other BB gripper. Magnus has a 225lb SE, and yours is only 180. And from what I've been seeing even normal ones are anywhere from 190 to 205lbs which is a lot considering BBs are usually consistent and good quality.

It is an older one its Marked SE with no thor stamping I have calibrated it more than once and that is all it musters up a mere 180lbs.it is only a few ounces heavier than my 3.5 now only 23lbs to go for the #4 LOL!!!

Wow, those super elites seem to vary a lot for some reason than any other BB gripper. Magnus has a 225lb SE, and yours is only 180. And from what I've been seeing even normal ones are anywhere from 190 to 205lbs which is a lot considering BBs are usually consistent and good quality.

It is an older one its Marked SE with no thor stamping I have calibrated it more than once and that is all it musters up a mere 180lbs.it is only a few ounces heavier than my 3.5 now only 23lbs to go for the #4 LOL!!!

"Only" 180lbs? How many grippers near this level have you closed Grippster? 180lbs is a big gripper close man. I've calibrated about a dozen SEs and a lot of the older ones run around 180lbs-190lbs.

Great close Brendan. :rock

Warren has changed up his measurements a few times. My oldest SE I traded to Tommy Helsep. It was harder than my 220ish 4.

Also- You can add Dave Thorton in at the same level as me. He has closed the Super Heavy Duty also.

"Only" 180lbs? How many grippers near this level have you closed Grippster? 180lbs is a big gripper close man. I've calibrated about a dozen SEs and a lot of the older ones run around 180lbs-190lbs.

I CCS closed the 3.5 for reps.... Actually I'm getting used to closing the BC250 again thanks to my stupidity. But the point wasn't that it wasn't hard. It was compared to what a SE is typically rated at these days. If a RB WT calibrated at 250lbs wouldn't you be like "wow 'only' 250lbs"?

I CCS closed the 3.5 for reps.... Actually I'm getting used to closing the BC250 again thanks to my stupidity. But the point wasn't that it wasn't hard. It was compared to what a SE is typically rated at these days. If a RB WT calibrated at 250lbs wouldn't you be like "wow 'only' 250lbs"?

Do you own any other grippers besides those Bone Crushers?

Edited by Klesen

congrats Guys !! amazing progress!

i thought Gabriel would be the 1st to break the 200lbs (with one 205 lbs gripper) ...maybe he will update a new video ...:-)

Thank you Ben!!!

congrats Guys !! amazing progress!

i thought Gabriel would be the 1st to break the 200lbs (with one 205 lbs gripper) ...maybe he will update a new video ...:-)

Thank you Hugo!!!

I closed Matt's 179lb #3.5

Nice close Luke!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Finally got around to calibrating all my grippers today, closed my 137lbs BBSM.

Very nice that is a solid close!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Thanks buddy, I had about a year away from grip training because of hand injuries I got from Catch Wrestling and it feels good to get back to closing what I was a before all the injuries. Now I can finally start working on a NEW p.b. Thanks again for the encouragement :happy

Do you own any other grippers besides those Bone Crushers?

I delayed my purchase of a GM and a 3.5 due to my injuries. If at this point I can hardly close something that's equal to a #2 I didn't see the point in getting new grippers yet. Thank god most of them didn't season to an unreasonable level.

• 2 weeks later...
Finally closed my 182lb #3.5 tonight. Guess Blobert was right...I just needed to lay off bending and the other grip stuff and do some real weight training. Not his words - but proved to be good advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABgD0_4rlQU

Nice Ben 3.5 is a toughie!!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher:mosher

Thanks Brendan! It's my 3rd #3.5 close so far. The first one was 168lbs, 2nd was 174lbs, and then this one. I've been more hit and miss with grippers the past month than I've ever been. I don't know if it's the other training or what. I've been doing them about every 3 days. I'll go from a workout where I feel normal - but I struggle to close a 170lb gripper. Then this workout where I felt pretty good, but a 175lb gripper before this was also just barely closed. I don't normally have much of a 2nd gear on grippers. If it's not closed in the first smooth attempt I usually just let it go because my strength is gone at that point.

Thanks Brendan! It's my 3rd #3.5 close so far. The first one was 168lbs, 2nd was 174lbs, and then this one. I've been more hit and miss with grippers the past month than I've ever been. I don't know if it's the other training or what. I've been doing them about every 3 days. I'll go from a workout where I feel normal - but I struggle to close a 170lb gripper. Then this workout where I felt pretty good, but a 175lb gripper before this was also just barely closed. I don't normally have much of a 2nd gear on grippers. If it's not closed in the first smooth attempt I usually just let it go because my strength is gone at that point.

The 182 is a nice one I wished we lived closer so I could pop over and try it I can feel the differece between my 180lb 2oz 3.5 and my 180lb 8.6oz SE I would like to see if the 182 would be a stoper for me.Great job on the close again Ben!!!!Also for me when I train grippers I stagnate for a while at one strength level and if I stick with it its hit or miss for a month or so then ususally a major jump happens.And also for me other training or how much I use my hands and wrists at work the previous week makes a huge difference.If I have a light week at work I ususally am very strong on grippers and if I beat them all week much less power and stamina.

The 182 is a nice one I wished we lived closer so I could pop over and try it I can feel the differece between my 180lb 2oz 3.5 and my 180lb 8.6oz SE I would like to see if the 182 would be a stoper for me.Great job on the close again Ben!!!!Also for me when I train grippers I stagnate for a while at one strength level and if I stick with it its hit or miss for a month or so then ususally a major jump happens.And also for me other training or how much I use my hands and wrists at work the previous week makes a huge difference.If I have a light week at work I ususally am very strong on grippers and if I beat them all week much less power and stamina.

I'll seriously keep you in mind then for this #3.5. I will definitely be getting rid of the majority of my grippers after the contest. But I will keep a #2, my easy #3, and possibly a hard #3. I only want to keep the ability to close an average #3 righty and an easy #3 lefty. I'm sure it's purely sentimental because I don't plan on putting it to the test anymore. But I worked way too hard to get my first #3 close to let it go that easily. 182 #3.5s are not very uncommon from the ones I've calibrated. Scott Harris (GetAGrip87) has one - actually I still have it on loan - that hit 182.5 or 183. Josh has one that's 182.5 also I think.

Shit, glad I could help! My grippers have relatively gone to crap since I have tried to be a jack of all trades.

I'll seriously keep you in mind then for this #3.5. I will definitely be getting rid of the majority of my grippers after the contest. But I will keep a #2, my easy #3, and possibly a hard #3. I only want to keep the ability to close an average #3 righty and an easy #3 lefty. I'm sure it's purely sentimental because I don't plan on putting it to the test anymore. But I worked way too hard to get my first #3 close to let it go that easily. 182 #3.5s are not very uncommon from the ones I've calibrated. Scott Harris (GetAGrip87) has one - actually I still have it on loan - that hit 182.5 or 183. Josh has one that's 182.5 also I think.

Thank you Ben let me know I appreciate that.And nice close again!!!