Rated Gripper Close

ewokhugo

Please remember that the grippers used at the european championship isn't RGC-calibrated.

Just calibrated some of my grippers, filed HG350 came in at 75.7kg, got a close on this the other day but haven't closed it since. :angry:

Still haven't closed it solidly! Must have been an aberration. Scrub me from the ratings, or put me in at 2.98 will let you know when I get it(again?) :(

The 2.98 is my #3

Please remember that the grippers used at the european championship isn't RGC-calibrated.
I would be curious to know how much difference there is. Martin, aren't some of the Euro-grippers yours? You could easily make comparisons if atleast some of them are.

Thanks Martin for the info about the calibration at Euros.

Still haven't closed it solidly! Must have been an aberration. Scrub me from the ratings, or put me in at 2.98 will let you know when I get it(again?)

The 2.98 is my #3

why? isnt true u close it at least once(75.7 kg)? why drop u?

I would be curious to know how much difference there is. Martin, aren't some of the Euro-grippers yours? You could easily make comparisons if atleast some of them are.

it will be nice if u could translate in pounds some of them.

Thanks.

Mike: please let me know your final answer.

If u closed it once the poundage its ok if u arent sure u did it ,please let me know if 2.98=150lbs??

Hugo,

Please update my close to #154 IM 3. Thanks.

The only grippers that I have calibrated that is used in contests is:

Arne's #3 (rated to 3.0 by Mikael) which calibrated at 143,84 lbs

Mine MM2 Replica (rated to 3.14 by Mikael) which calibrated at 140,95

Arne's BBSE (rated to 3.81 by David) which calibrated at 190,59 lbs

Several people tried both the #3 and MM2 repl, and everyone has said that the MM2 repl. felt harder.

I actually think that the RGC shouldn't be taken as an "absolute truth". The only thing the RGC does is to measure how much weight that is needed to make the handles touch, nothing else!

I will never use RGC rankings in a contest, because the RGC don't really tell how hard a gripper feels.

However the RGC can be used as a "guide" as to how hard a gripper may feel. But just don't rely to much on it.

There is no true gripper calibrator out, and I wonder if there ever will be one?

Hugo, I've made a terrible mistake. The griper I closed was #150. . . . NOT 154. I appalogize. :blush

Paul Knight - 177 IM 3.5 - 8/22/2008 - USA

Thanks Hugo

Paul: thanks man i was waiting for this( i dont send any P.M to people asking them to POST here).

I only have my mm1 calibrated and i am still 2 mm to close it using one choker, after it will post my result(using the topic u made).

Casey: no prob. Did u send the video to Wannagrip??Congrats!!

Before i update the list i'd like to KNOW how many pounds its necessary to close the 3.54 gripper and the 3,65 ??

(i am asking this because they used the EURO calibrated system and i am not familiar with it. My fault:-(

Before i update the list i'd like to KNOW how many pounds its necessary to close the 3.54 gripper and the 3,65 ??

(i am asking this because they used the EURO calibrated system and i am not familiar with it. My fault:-(

This should make things easier Hugo:

http://p2.foorumi.info/rautakoura/viewtopic.php?t=9

My 3.5 is rated 3.68 and its 190#. not exactly3.65 like you wanted but close.

There is no way to tell how many pounds that are needed to make the handles touch on these grippers, before they have been RGC "calibrated".

My 3.5 is rated 3.68 and its 190#. not exactly3.65 like you wanted but close.

exactly Chris, its true according the RNC.

There is no way to tell how many pounds that are needed to make the handles touch on these grippers, before they have been RGC "calibrated".

Little confused here, i need to add Sam and Matti (both did 3,54 during the Euro)+ Gabriel(3,65).

Any way to translate to pounds? i mean ... can u calibrate them at home?(not sure if they belongs to u)thanks anyway.

Edited by ewokhugo

Little confused here, i need to add Sam and Matti (both did 3,54 during the Euro)+ Gabriel(3,65).

Any way to translate to pounds? i mean ... can u calibrate them at home?(not sure if they belongs to u)thanks anyway.

It's two totally different calibration methods. The 3.54 and 3.65 ratings would probably be less with the RGC system.

These two grippers belongs to David Horne.

Paul: thanks man i was waiting for this( i dont send any P.M to people asking them to POST here).

I only have my mm1 calibrated and i am still 2 mm to close it using one choker, after it will post my result(using the topic u made).

Casey: no prob. Did u send the video to Wannagrip??Congrats!!

Sure did. Thanks Hugo!!!

The only grippers that I have calibrated that is used in contests is:

Arne's BBSE (rated to 3.81 by David) which calibrated at 190,59 lbs

Several people tried both the #3 and MM2 repl, and everyone has said that the MM2 repl. felt harder.

I actually think that the RGC shouldn't be taken as an "absolute truth". The only thing the RGC does is to measure how much weight that is needed to make the handles touch, nothing else!

I will never use RGC rankings in a contest, because the RGC don't really tell how hard a gripper feels.

However the RGC can be used as a "guide" as to how hard a gripper may feel. But just don't rely to much on it.

There is no true gripper calibrator out, and I wonder if there ever will be one?

Thanks!

You are right and I agree with you, that's why I have often said how it (RGC) isn't perfect. I asked because it would give atleast some kind of rough idea, you would have a better idea what grippers to try in the competition. If I ever get a chance to compete on the Euro-grippers, it would be nice to know. That was my point. :) So far, I think a 3.54 RGC-close should be good enough for 3.65 Euro-close, for example. Just going by what I've read here.

Another thought: IF you have no trouble with the sweep, then the RGC-poundage can perhaps give you quite good numbers to work with?

Hugo: don't worry about the updates. If people do want their names on the list, I'm sure they will get their grippers RGC-calibrated, then let you know. :cool

Hugo: don't worry about the updates. If people do want their names on the list, I'm sure they will get their grippers RGC-calibrated, then let you know.

Thanks!

I already emailed D.Horne ... maybe he have some numbers for me.

something wrong here??

the 3.0 gripper sounds harder than the 3.14 ...

something wrong here??

Nope! According to the RGC so is the harder gripper (MM2 repl.) easier then the #3 (which is easier).

Everything is in order (well in the RGC world).

something wrong here??

Nope! According to the RGC so is the harder gripper (MM2 repl.) easier then the #3 (which is easier).

Martin, are you saying the MM2 replica was put in an RGC and arrived at the poundage of 140.95lbs? That doesn't seem possible for a BBE spring to go that low no matter the mounting.

thanks.i was triyng to calculate the poundage necessary to close each gripper according the rating Mikael gave , but i realize its not possible..

Edited by ewokhugo

something wrong here??

Martin, are you saying the MM2 replica was put in an RGC and arrived at the poundage of 140.95lbs? That doesn't seem possible for a BBE spring to go that low no matter the mounting.

Yes, I've checked it several times.