Rated Gripper Close

ewokhugo

I like this little list idea. Does anyone know if the MM1 thru 6 grippers have every been run through a RGC? If they have or they were to be calibrated a whole bunch more folks would know at least one rating of a gripper they closed (even if they never calibrated their own grippers).

"Should have went with the poundage because your list is likely already inaccurate since there are at least two different rating systems represented on it."

"Yup, this list isn't right. You have the RGC and the European system represented.

Again why I prefer just using poundage, if that is what you are talking about. "

i am using Martin Arildsson program ONLY. JAD/BOB: i think both of u like the poundade system:-)

the only 2 guys that may have "wrong calibration" are Martin and Too Tall because i need to know how many pounds was necessary to close 3.65 and 3.81 ...

CHAD/MARTIN ANY IDEA?

Edited by ewokhugo

:rockIDEA/PLEASE READ: just curious to know if this idea make any sense to the gripboard members:

I'd like to give some points to the top ten (every 4 months) 1st place got 10 points ... 4 months later the same ... after 1 years i will have 3 LIST ... the purpose: to see who can improve the most. The best man in the wordl to close the highest gripper may loose if someone improves a lot during the year. Do u understand what i mean? my english its bad:-)

Edited by ewokhugo

I also think you should include only the grippers calibrated with RGC. This would be only logical and standardized along the lines of the decision of not including the narrow grippers.

I'm also leaning towards the RGC-measured poundage now. Instead of "who will be the first to reach over 4.0-gripper", this could very well be about who is going to be the first to reach over 200 lbs close on the regular spread grippers. I would see that as a fit milestone seeing that there is nobody we know of for CERTAIN that has done it.

By the way Hugo, my name is Teemu with two e's, not with two m's. :)

Thanks Chad!

To make the list accurate you should remove non-RGC calibrated grippers, at least until they are properly calibrated. Listing "3.whatever" stuff is confusing as to how the gripper was actually calibrated.

With a little effort, we could likely find out what Dave Morton's cert 4 calibrated at.

With a little effort, we could likely find out what Dave Morton's cert 4 calibrated at.

That would be interesting to know.

SOLUTION: Using pounds only right? thanks Bob,Jad and Teemu(correction done):-)

"I" dont want to have a small list. This is supposed to be something "Big"(each member can "compete") and BIG because we are talking about the best crusher in the WORLD.

i need CHAD and MARTIN poudages please ....

BOB and JAD : Fell free to post your P:B ... i'd like to have both of u here. if not thanks for sharing your thoughts here.

Edited by ewokhugo

The 3.81 grippers is a BBSE, I will most likely calibrate it in the upcoming weeks.

If the 3.65 close from Martin used the RNC = 188,5 lbs.

If the 3.81 from Chad used the RNC= 198 lbs.

About Teemu's oppinion ... i dont think 200 lbs wont be very hard to beat ... i pick 209 lbs as the next goal ... (a perfect #4 at the RNC).

Thanks Martin i will update it. ( i think u are talking about the gripper used by Chad ... )

what about yours? thanks.

Edited by ewokhugo

WHO IS AT THE MOMENT THE BEST CRUSHER IN THE WORLD?

OVER THE TOP CHALLENGE: "WHO WILL BE THE FIRST TO REACH 209 lbs?" :rock

1-Acorn----------------------------USA--------------195---------------------------(BBGE)

2-Teemu I ------------------------FINLAND---------190-----------------------(COC#3.5)

3-Bencrush------------------------USA--------------179---------------------------(BBE)

4-Nahkuri------------------------- FINLAND--------177.7------------------------(COC#3.5)

5-Kilkkinen------------------------FINLAND--------175.5------------------------(BBE)

6-Porkchop -----------------------USA-------------170--------------------------(BBE)

7-Lukeamdman-------------------USA ------------168--------------------------(COC#3)

8-Koura---------------------------FINLAND--------166.8------------------------(COC#3.5)

9-Malachimcmullen--------------USA-------------152.6------------------------(COC#3)

10-Cannon-----------------------USA-------------149--------------------------(COC#3)

11-Noob Saibot------------------ENGLAND-------138.8------------------------(D.H.R.W.M)

NOTE: Obviously 2 guys are missing .One of them its one if not the best from the USA. the other its a former european champion. i am talking about Chad W and Martin A. i need to know whats the meaning of 3.65 and 3.81 PLEASE:-)

I did the list just to see how it looks like with poundage.

Edited by ewokhugo

I like this little list idea. Does anyone know if the MM1 thru 6 grippers have every been run through a RGC? If they have or they were to be calibrated a whole bunch more folks would know at least one rating of a gripper they closed (even if they never calibrated their own grippers).

I would love to see this done!! If Bill would approve, maybe Jedd could bring them to Gripmas one year and do it on Climber's calibrator?

Josh, I agree. That would allow for a better way of gauging how close you are to closing the real thing (MMG1-MMG6) when training with other grippers. Since there is such a variance, it is a crap shoot currently.

I like the list better with the lbs rating also. Isn't there a way to put that in the original post (at the beginning of the thread) rather than trying to find the latest update farther down the thread somewhere? Just a thought...

pc

"I would love to see this done!! If Bill would approve, maybe Jedd could bring them to Gripmas one year and do it on Climber's calibrator? "

sounds (very)good to me:-)

"I like the list better with the lbs rating also. Isn't there a way to put that in the original post (at the beginning of the thread) rather than trying to find the latest update farther down the thread somewhere? Just a thought..."

after writing one message its possible to see one link called "edit"

(bottom of the page)

But It dissapeared after writing more posts... if the link was available i could put the list in the beggining of the thread(no prob):-)

Edited by ewokhugo

Hugo, I will have to say that of course the 209 lbs is a good goal to shoot for, but as for 200 lbs not beeing too hard to beat, I disagree as we don't even know if it has been done. It can take plenty of time to get to 200 lbs. Going over 180 lbs, it's an enormous struggle to go up even a couple of pounds. It's been almost a year since I got that 190 lbs #3.5 and I still haven't closed the 197 lbs BBSE despite knowing that I am stronger than a year ago. It is a very tough jump to make. I didn't say this to disagree with the challenge beeing the 209 lbs gripper, but just to clarify that 200 lbs isn't a walk in the park for anyone. 1 mm on that level gripper is many times harder to overcome than it is on a #3 for example. Going up from 200 lbs to 209 lbs could take years at worst.

Edited by Teemu I

"It is a very tough jump to make. I didn't say this to disagree with the challenge beeing the 209 lbs gripper, but just to clarify that 200 lbs isn't a walk in the park for anyone. 1 mm on that level gripper is many times harder to overcome than it is on a #3 for example. Going up from 200 lbs to 209 lbs could take years at worst."

Yes,Temmu i know what u mean(1 mm from your goal gripper).

The "motivator" aspect will speed up the process i believe!

There are a number of variables that cannot be controlled, like the exact position of the gripper, friction, position the strap... thats why i think one gripper calibrated by one guy may be around 195 and the same gripper calibrated by another guy may a little more. If the 3.81 close from Chad was made using the RNC the poundage = 198 lbs(very very close to 200lbs).thanks for your oppinion:-)

Hugo, I will have to say that of course the 209 lbs is a good goal to shoot for, but as for 200 lbs not beeing too hard to beat, I disagree as we don't even know if it has been done. It can take plenty of time to get to 200 lbs. Going over 180 lbs, it's an enormous struggle to go up even a couple of pounds. It's been almost a year since I got that 190 lbs #3.5 and I still haven't closed the 197 lbs BBSE despite knowing that I am stronger than a year ago. It is a very tough jump to make. I didn't say this to disagree with the challenge beeing the 209 lbs gripper, but just to clarify that 200 lbs isn't a walk in the park for anyone. 1 mm on that level gripper is many times harder to overcome than it is on a #3 for example. Going up from 200 lbs to 209 lbs could take years at worst.

Definately agree! Very tough to improve at this level.

- Aaron

Definately agree! Very tough to improve at this level.

- Aaron

Until some bastard comes along and does it first try :rolleyes But seriously, 1lb RGC-wise can make the world of difference. 190-191 is a jump as much as 140-150.

"It is a very tough jump to make. I didn't say this to disagree with the challenge beeing the 209 lbs gripper, but just to clarify that 200 lbs isn't a walk in the park for anyone. 1 mm on that level gripper is many times harder to overcome than it is on a #3 for example. Going up from 200 lbs to 209 lbs could take years at worst."

Yes,Temmu i know what u mean(1 mm from your goal gripper).

The "motivator" aspect will speed up the process i believe!

There are a number of variables that cannot be controlled, like the exact position of the gripper, friction, position the strap... thats why i think one gripper calibrated by one guy may be around 195 and the same gripper calibrated by another guy may a little more. If the 3.81 close from Chad was made using the RNC the poundage = 198 lbs(very very close to 200lbs).thanks for your oppinion:-)

Another variable is that when using an RGC, for example. . . . 2 grippers calibrated a 150 lbs. One of those grippers closed immediatly after the 150 lbs was released- but the other closed very slowly after the 150 lbs was released. The slow closing gripper will feel much harder.

"Until some bastard comes along and does it first try But seriously, 1lb RGC-wise can make the world of difference. 190-191 is a jump as much as 140-150."

"Definately agree! Very tough to improve at this level."

ok the "wise man" said just walk this way ...

The GOAL its obvious: 200 lbs:-)(not 209lbs). thanks Aaron,Teemu and Zach:-)

Edited by ewokhugo

Yep, it is very tough. I think I need to turn my training up a notch at this point. That is why I'm getting myself a Secret Weapon and once I get it, which should be very soon, that's when the hard work starts.

Aaron, I hope your injury heals so you can pound away hard on grippers as well.

Another variable is that when using an RGC, for example. . . . 2 grippers calibrated a 150 lbs. One of those grippers closed immediatly after the 150 lbs was released- but the other closed very slowly after the 150 lbs was released. The slow closing gripper will feel much harder.
That is a good point, sweeps feel very different from gripper to gripper. Oil also makes a world of difference to the sweep. Edited by Teemu I

PDA spent way more money and their device was more accurate than anything out there in use right now. And, in the end, there was no real accurate way given the variables if I remember correctly.

There will be no calibration done with the Mash Monster Grippers. The spring depth's and sizes are posted and that's probably the best way to compare. The MM ladder has been going on for years with good success if you ask me.

The real bottom line is there is no guess work when you certify on the MMG1 when you compare yourself to other athletes, etc.

It seems like history repeats itself. This calibration thing was beat to death years ago. ;)

And Bill speaks! Frankly, I would be curious about the MM calibration numbers, but if you know your grippers your guess will be damn good, and the specs are posted so it isn't a huge mystery. It's Bill's baby, and I am not too concerned either way- I know I can close the MM2, and from what very reliable sources have told me, I have no business with the MM3. He is right, the MM certs have gone fine, and if he doesn't want the calibration posted that is fine with me! If you want to try the gripper, just earn your shot......

Hugo- I want to accurately calibrate my grippers before I post here, but I will. I have a few more plates to weigh.

"Hugo- I want to accurately calibrate my grippers before I post here, but I will. I have a few more plates to weigh. "

Thanks Bob:-) u are welcome!