Guest woody36

Tom,

Excellent progress on the steelbending!

Great reading as usual,would be nice if you could

get some new footage for your Website showing this

bending technique.

Regards

Woody.

Good idea Woody.  I don't think I have a video of the "Slim-Style" palms down bend so I will have to make one.  I bent a piece 4 3/8" last Saturday.   I noticed that I could only get 2 fingers of each hand on this piece!  I've been going down steadily 1/8" per week on this bend.  I am very close to bending a 60-penny this way, since I can warp one if I try.  I am looking for something intermediate between the hot rolled steel and the nail so I can go back to bending longer pieces that are closer to the nail length, and cut off 1/8" each week.  It's a good thing I've been practicing this technique because for the past 2-weeks when I bend in my usual style the back of my right hand hurts.   Weird thing is that the bends feel very easy, but then the hand hurts when I'm done.  I might only bend in the hands down style for the rest of the year and let my hand heal.  This, of course, was one of the reasons I decided to learn the other style, so things are falling into place.  Although Palms down is a harder technique, it seems easier on the palms because the pressure is spread out over a wider area.

Guest woody36

Tom,

4-3/8s is superb in the Farman style of bending,i only

tried it once and had no leverage whatsoever,so can well

appreciate the difficulty of this bend!

Hope you heal soon,all the best

Woody.