Closing The #4 Coc

taekwondo911

most of the strongest people in the world are genetically gifted, absolute fact, but this doesn't mean it's not possible to be as strong as them without this being the case, it's just a lot harder. Personally im no freak, i was actually very weak starting out, my first lift was a bench press of 78lbs, which took about 10 seconds to complete, i started off deadlifting with 50kg for 6-8 reps to failure, my strength overhead was less than pathetic etc With grippers i couldn't close the #1 at first, strugled with the trainer left hand.

for those who are not genetically gifted, if you want to close a #4 or accomplish anything on that level, you have to be willing to take yourself far beyond the point where you thought you could, you have to have an unbreakable will, you have to want it more than everybody else - an never let the doubters get you down, just use it as motivation >i was mocked when i listed goals of closing HG500, repping a #4 etc i was told i would NEVER do these things >ive done them both an im only 21

most people ARE capable of closing a #4 - if you want it bad enough it will happen

Could you post a vid of you repping the 4?

he has one on his youtube account

So why is he not on Ironmind's website? There seems to be only 5 people on their website who are certified at no4.

So why is he not on Ironmind's website? There seems to be only 5 people on their website who are certified at no4.

it wasn't done under certification rules, and it's an old 4

i can definately believe it's been foot stomped (i dont support this), but not heated, if it has it would have to have been just about the hardest #4 out there before hand, as i 'think' it would still most likely cal very close to average (it's easier than that in the hand because of narrow spread/easy sweep) - like ive said, it's the easiest #4 i have, but it's not stupid easy, theres certainly easier #4's out there (if i remember correctly from dave mortons log, one #4 cal'd at 3.61)

i dont think the cert is different story, infact, i know it's not - it's a lot harder than it used to be, but not even close to impossible

Paul; that 4's flocked!

Timmy all but admitted to me, by PM, that he'd heated the spring, hose clamped the spring, and foot stomped it to Hell and back, all at the same time. Unless you know something I don't?

I can occasionally close a #3 but I can sweep that thing as much, or more, closed than I could my HG350 or my #3.5, I don't care how much it binds up at the end, it is NOT comparable with an untampered 4.

I'm sorry, Paul, but I made it clear when we traded that I wouldn't let this gripper pass as a #4 close; and I took it that you wouldn't either. If you want to trade it back, we can arrange a time and place suitable to you.

You have such talent, and such raw ability, and suchg a work ethic; why are you bothering with babysteps? Just break records already! You're more than capable!

If you look at the people who didn't start out strong and who have made it up the ranks to become some of the best, they've did it with consistent, small steps and smart training, and usually have lots of cross grip training as well (except for maybe Kinney... but he's so far from the norm in so many ways anyway). This leads me to believe that a great amount of men can at least come CLOSE to a #4, but the resources required for some people, whether they be time or effort, will be incredible, with some requiring absolutely perfect training. And as Scott kind of mentioned, one squeeze on it and I just can't say that everyone has the potential.

I'm sure some people think that my head is in the clouds with my estimate, but grip is still so young in many ways that I can't completely shut out people.

Paul; that 4's flocked!

Timmy all but admitted to me, by PM, that he'd heated the spring, hose clamped the spring, and foot stomped it to Hell and back, all at the same time. Unless you know something I don't?

I can occasionally close a #3 but I can sweep that thing as much, or more, closed than I could my HG350 or my #3.5, I don't care how much it binds up at the end, it is NOT comparable with an untampered 4.

I'm sorry, Paul, but I made it clear when we traded that I wouldn't let this gripper pass as a #4 close; and I took it that you wouldn't either. If you want to trade it back, we can arrange a time and place suitable to you.

You have such talent, and such raw ability, and suchg a work ethic; why are you bothering with babysteps? Just break records already! You're more than capable!

no really, it is - did you never try an do a negative with it or anything? you would honestly strugle to close it with both hands. With your hands not being the biggest an your no set style, i can understand why you would be getting it closer than a 3.5 level gripper because of the narrow spread (and easy sweep), but that doesn't mean you're anywhere near to closing it. I can honestly say it's at least as hard a #4 as that #3 i traded you is a #3 - i dont get what the deal is here? i said i would say it's my easiest/narrow #4, an give an honest rating to anybody who asked, which is exactly what ive done.

• Confused 1