CoC Negatives

Guest sheriff

Guest sheriff

When doing negatives on a coc gripper that you are unable to close, are you supposed to attempt to close the gripper as much as you can with one hand, and then when the handles will no longer move assist the close with the other hand , or are negatives more effective when you use both hands to close the gripper from the starting position, and forget about trying to close the gripper with one hand.

I always try a close one handed just to se if I've made progress, then I use my other hand to close it.  I like to see if I've went anywhere before I wear myself out with a negative.  Either way is fine, that's just my personal preference.

I take a gripper I can close. I close it fast hold for 3 seconds then open it (negative) for about 10 seconds. I keep going until I can't close it any more. Then I force it close with the help of my other hand and chest muscles. I then do neg as slow as I can until the gripper just pops open uncontrollably. Also on my next workout I would do it as Bearcat 74 described.

I think it works magic!