Pinch workout

Guest mg6680

I have been really focusing on my crushing workouts and my hands aren't recovering as fast as I want them to, so I tried some pinching today.

I have some blocks but I've found that pinching the wide gym plates is the most fun.  They really tore up the inside of my thumbs my first workout.  I was able to pull 2 - 25's last week and hold them for some time so out the IM loading pin came this week.

I warmed up w/a pair of 25's and it was fairly easy.  I tried a pair of 35's and got them about a foot.  This was a PR for me so I was pretty stoked.  I finished off the workout w/a pair of 25's and the loading pin.  I was able to pull 3 25's (pinching 2) for a few seconds.  My goal is to two finger a pair of 45's.

A special thanks to Scott Clayton for his workout suggestions on the pinching.

Morgan

Nice job Tou...My gym also has a set of chrome plated plates.  They are very challenging to lift.  I've also wondered about training the pinch like this:

Pinch a pair of 45's (or whatever) around the sides then lift.  Gradually work your hands up to the top each workout until your hands touch.  Anyone ever two hand pinch a pair of 100's?  Thats some wide pinching.

Did my 3rd workout w/the SW today.  I worked my way up to 140lbs (about #3 weight) then the lower handle ripped off the pinky callous from my right palm.  Welcome to grip training Morgan.  It was probably a mistake to wrap the handles w/athletic tape as it obviously produced a bit more friction than I wanted.  Oh well...I guess the certification will have to wait a bit.

Morgan