wrist - 9"

forearm - 18.89"

upper arm - 21.65"

I think he's bionic! :rock

No way, not even close to those measurements. More like

wrist 8''

forearm 15''

upper arm 18''

In that video at about 5:10 into it, that him defeating Brzenk in 2004. He also beat Brzenk in 2003.

All I did was convert the centimeters shown in the video to inches - I made no judgments at all.

All I did was convert the centimeters shown in the video to inches - I made no judgments at all.

I was disagreeing with the stats not with you!

That's

wrist - 9"

forearm - 18.89"

upper arm - 21.65"

wrist 8''

forearm 15''

upper arm 18''

Ummm...I think those stats are indeed accurate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexey_Voevoda

Being on Wikipedia does not mean they are facts! I dispute every one of the stats given.

Height: 194cm ... 6ft. 4 1/2

Weight: 121kg ... 266.5 lbs.

Biceps: 55cm ... 21.65 in.

Forearm: 48cm ... 18.9 in.

Wrist: 23cm ... 9.05 in.

Fist: 28cm ... 11 in.

Max. Bench: 270 kg (594 lbs.)

That's

wrist - 9"

forearm - 18.89"

upper arm - 21.65"

I would have to see him measured to believe these numbers. But, after watching that video Im inclined to believe he is in fact bionic

Edited by Chris Mathison

That's

wrist - 9"

forearm - 18.89"

upper arm - 21.65"

wrist 8''

forearm 15''

upper arm 18''

Ummm...I think those stats are indeed accurate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexey_Voevoda

Being on Wikipedia does not mean they are facts! I dispute every one of the stats given.

Height: 194cm ... 6ft. 4 1/2

Weight: 121kg ... 266.5 lbs.

Biceps: 55cm ... 21.65 in.

Forearm: 48cm ... 18.9 in.

Wrist: 23cm ... 9.05 in.

Fist: 28cm ... 11 in.

Max. Bench: 270 kg (594 lbs.)

Ok, lol

That's

wrist - 9"

forearm - 18.89"

upper arm - 21.65"

I would have to see him measured to believe these numbers. But, after watching that video Im inclined to believe he is in fact bionic

what are your measurements? you're a big guy and i'd have trouble believing if he's got you beat in anything, and if he does, not by very much. (i mean by size by the way, not his strength or arm wrestling ability)

There were pics in armpower.net (site's in Russian) of Alexey with a tape, with various measurements. Some were really big. I think the 9" wrist was pictured there. I wonder why Oldguy says "no way" to that. Also, I wonder why he says his forearm is 15"... there are 176lb pullers with 15" forearms dude, Alexey at 260 (his weight at the 2004 Zlotty Tour where he beat the 209 pound Brzenk) with RIPPED forearms at that weight (vascular as heck) were HUGE. I remember reading in the AW board (or seeing in ArmTV) that Michael Todd said, when he pulled Alexey in a Vendetta in 2007 I think, that Brzenk said "OMG did you see his forearm?", and M.Todd said "when John Brzenk says that about a forearm, I knew I was in trouble"... heh, he lost 6-0 in that Vendetta of course. It's all in ArmTV.

I just found it odd that Oldguy (or anyone, for that matter), would jump in and lower his measurements so randomly without any proof.

Of those facts, the one I found harder to believe is the 595lb bench. His forearm might not be 18.89" but it sure is H U G E, over 15" I bet, at least when he was 260lbs. (he was probably lighter when he was in the Bobsled shape).

well, i'm 6'5 and 300lbs and he's got me beat in everything but fist. my fist is 12 1/2 in.

Would you say you're bodyfat level is comparable to his? Cause if it is, he must be lyring.\

For his wrist it looks bigger than Brzenk's, 20 cm (7.87 inches)? That's what I heard at least. Voevoda's forearms are gigantic, but if Brzenk's are only 16" I have trouble believe that Voevoda's are 19", as for his upper arms being 21.65. idk his arms are huge but do you know how friggin' gigantic 21.65" arms are? Arnold Schwarzenegger's were 22". So were Hulk Hogan's. Voevoda's don't look the same size as their's, and before anyone explodes and says I am underestimating Voevoda or don't like him, I do like him, I like that he beat Bagent and would very much like to see him return to AW. And, maybe his stats are accurate, or slightly exaggerated, it just looks to big for me.

There were pics in armpower.net (site's in Russian) of Alexey with a tape, with various measurements. Some were really big. I think the 9" wrist was pictured there. I wonder why Oldguy says "no way" to that. Also, I wonder why he says his forearm is 15"... there are 176lb pullers with 15" forearms dude, Alexey at 260 (his weight at the 2004 Zlotty Tour where he beat the 209 pound Brzenk) with RIPPED forearms at that weight (vascular as heck) were HUGE. I remember reading in the AW board (or seeing in ArmTV) that Michael Todd said, when he pulled Alexey in a Vendetta in 2007 I think, that Brzenk said "OMG did you see his forearm?", and M.Todd said "when John Brzenk says that about a forearm, I knew I was in trouble"... heh, he lost 6-0 in that Vendetta of course. It's all in ArmTV.

I have used those tapes as evidence for things before, and people told me that an inch of two might have been cut off from the tapes on the sides that you couldn't see... not saying Voevoda did that but it's a possibility. I agree that his forearms aren't 15", they are probably a little over 18" and he rounded them up. Not sure though the only one I don't believe is his upper arm size.

Of those facts, the one I found harder to believe is the 595lb bench. His forearm might not be 18.89" but it sure is H U G E, over 15" I bet, at least when he was 260lbs. (he was probably lighter when he was in the Bobsled shape).

595 lbs. does seem high, though in that video those 2 pics of him with his shirt off, he looks like his bench would easily be upwards of 400 lbs. You never know with the bench, either. I heard that Bruce Lee could bench 260 lbs. 10 times but who would have ever thought he could bench that much? Though then again, he is Bruce Lee, so... :tongue

Edited by Josh H

I am only saying what I believe to be true, not what I know to be true. I am doubting all of the given stats, height, weight and measurements as well as the poundage given for bench. I do not doubt he is a great armwrestler and athlete.

That's

wrist - 9"

forearm - 18.89"

upper arm - 21.65"

wrist 8''

forearm 15''

upper arm 18''

These are laughable for Voevoda. My arms were 19 at one point and are probably still 18 or darn close and my forearms are a little over 15 and I weigh 220-225 and am a nobody in the AW world.

Well, the 6'4" height looks to be about accurate. Isn't John 6'2"? Alexey is clearly taller.

Also, why do you think his arms are only 18"? I measured my arms a couple months ago at 17", and my forearms were 13". I'm only 5'11" and 200lb's. Alexey makes me look like a 5 year old boy in arm size! His arms are only 1" bigger? LOL

That's

wrist - 9"

forearm - 18.89"

upper arm - 21.65"

what are your measurements? you're a big guy and i'd have trouble believing if he's got you beat in anything, and if he does, not by very much. (i mean by size by the way, not his strength or arm wrestling ability)

Almost 17" forearms a month ago on my gym's tape. 19"upper arm both with a "pump" I would think this guys is bigger but not as much as his Wiki states. I dunno maybe they are correct numbers for him. If so then thats just nuts.

I will have to join the list of doubters. I assume the forearm was measured goosenecked?

And as to 'doubting without proof'- that's backwards.

I'm sure the forearm was measured goosenecked and flexed into the bicep. I've never really understood why there are so many discrepancies on how to measure a forearm; straight, goosenecked, goosenecked and flexed, etc.. People flex their bicep when they measure their upperarm so why wouldn't you flex the forearm? I don't understand all the doubting, the guy is 260-270 and seems to mow over everybody but Brzenk, RH. There are plenty on this board with 16" forearms what's another 2-3" when talking about an elite athlete in a sport that concentrates heavily on forearm strength.

I'm sure the forearm was measured goosenecked and flexed into the bicep. I've never really understood why there are so many discrepancies on how to measure a forearm; straight, goosenecked, goosenecked and flexed, etc.. People flex their bicep when they measure their upperarm so why wouldn't you flex the forearm? I don't understand all the doubting, the guy is 260-270 and seems to mow over everybody but Brzenk, RH. There are plenty on this board with 16" forearms what's another 2-3" when talking about an elite athlete in a sport that concentrates heavily on forearm strength.

I doubt if anyone on this board has a 16'' forearm measured with the arm kept straight.

I doubt if anyone on this board has a 16'' forearm measured with the arm kept straight.

I would agree with that for sure but I doubt many on this board or various other circles, measure them with their forearm straight. Again not sure where this idea is from or who decided this was the "right" way to do it?