suppergripper=coc grippers

mannek

hey all, great site!

i recently purchased the ivanko suppergripper, does anyone know what settings will more or less resemble the various coc grippers?

thanks

all the best

mannek

Guest kINGPIN

Thats the beuty of the super gripper, you don't have to bother with numbers.  Just take it to its one rep max and work hard on it.  Next workout try and up it a bit, do this for a few weeks then go back to the CoCs to test your self.....you'll soon know how you are doing.

thanks kingpin for info,

the thing is i don't own any coc grippers so was looking to compare so i have an idea what progression/level i am at and what goals to go for(besides the obvious complete closure at the top level)

all the best

mannek

Go at the PDA website and look under ''products''. Then, go see the Ivanko gripper : there's a link to a spring settings table. You'll have the equivalent settings for the COC grippers.

The PDA address is on the first page of the grip page.

The server hosting the calculators and tables has been offline since September. The administrator is not volunteering any more information other than to say that he decided to take it down for awhile.

The calculators and tables were based on the results by Cliff Stamp.

http://www.physics.mun.ca/~sstamp/knives/ivanko_gripper.html

well after checking the various poundages i had a go! keep in mind i have never used a gripper before, i set it to 196.84(roughly equivalent to the no2 COC) and got to within 5mm from closing it with the right hand. its tough but it feels really good, i am definitely going to have lots of fun with this!

thanks again, will keep you posted of progress!

all the best

mannek

Here's a "no-brainer" for all you meatheads (and other brilliant people - such as myself!).

Set the top spring at the highest postion.  Then set the bottom spring at the 2 or 3 notch.  Once you can close that setting - set the bottom spring UP one notch.

Once you can close the 12/7 setting.... you are ready to close the #3!  (Um.... I think that's it - don't quote me on it, however).   :)

well sybersnot if you got it right then i think i am on track! here are all the settings;

COC                                       SUPPERGRIPPER

Trainer(100lb)     =            notch 7 & 1  (101lb)

#1       (140lb)     =            notch 7 & 5  (143lb)

#2       (195lb)     =            notch 9 & 6  (196lb)

#3       (280lb)     =            notch 12 &7 (284lb)

#4       (365lb)     =            notch 12 &10(345lb/highest)

maybe people get confused by the notchs, when you hold the suppergripper in same way as a COC the top notch is position 1(easiest resistance) and the bottom notch is position 12(hardest resistance).

hope that makes sense.

all the best

mannek