Rb300 Or Rb300n

popeye76

i read somewhere on the board that the rb300 is a little harder than a coc#3. would the RB300N be better for a small handed feller than the regular RB300 or does it even matter? I am trying to get consistant with closing a coc#3 so i thought this gripper might help. what do you all think?

i read somewhere on the board that the rb300 is a little harder than a coc#3. would the RB300N be better for a small handed feller than the regular RB300 or does it even matter? I am trying to get consistant with closing a coc#3 so i thought this gripper might help. what do you all think?

rb300 is closer to #3.5 than #3 from the ones that ive tried, rb300n is most likely easier than #3 i would guess but i have not tried one.

if you want an rb gripper slightly above #3 i would go with rb240, but grippers vary so you never really know what you'll get

I've got the RB300N steel handled gripper and it's much tougher than my #3 and yes it's better for small handed fellas. So I would I choose the narrow version.

I have an RB210, 240, 260 and 300N. My 210 and 240 are easier than an average #3 and my 300N is a deal harder. The 260 is between the #3 and 300N.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

ok thanks guys!

My RB300 is a bit harder than my coc#3,5. I rate it @ 3.7 ,they seem to vary a lot.

RB300s vary a bit i think. Mine is about a 3.4-3.45, just under the 3.5.

• 9 years later...

Ordered a rated RB300 from Cannon that should come in next week. Also coming is the GHP10 for negatives training.

Hoping it (RB300) falls closer to the 3.5 range that will bridge the gap between my #3 and #4.

Asking Santa Claus for the #3.5, hopefully by then I'll be quite close to a full close out of the package for that #3.5. 

I have the RB300N and the rating is 147# but the narrow spread makes it easier than a 3, i also have a RB365N at 184# and it feels easier than my 180rgc 3.5.

Yes RB grippers are definitely easier than COC, GHP and Tetting. It's because of the larger handles, there's actually 2 mm less ROM. But if you do TNS they can be harder, also because of the larger handles.

Cannon was able to rate my RB300 that's on it's way and it came in at 184 lbs. 

Heavier than I am!

I'm hoping it will do me quite well in shortening the gap between #3 and #4.

I probably check your ratings data at least once a day...not even kidding lol.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:53 PM, Beast_Incarnate said:

I probably check your ratings data at least once a day...not even kidding lol.

We really need to update them!  I've got a back log that needs to be entered into the spreadsheet.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2017 at 5:16 PM, Cannon said:

We really need to update them!  I've got a back log that needs to be entered into the spreadsheet.

You should Matt! If not soon, the data will be a year old!

...and the crowd's thunderous chant soon arose in an stern crescendo...

"DO IT!!! DO IT!!! DO IT!!!"