Denis Cyplenkov

Matt Brouse

It will be power vs speed if he try's to catch Bagent's hit he maybe in trouble and Travis won't load up with him. :D

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darthsith19

• Magnus

• Pancake Sprawl

• dima700

i know next to nothing about arm wrestling, but doesn't it seem that maybe Cyplenkov's arms are like TOO big? when he was wrestling that guy, the other guy brought him pretty close (in my uneducated opinion) to a pin before i got the proper angle and leverage to bring him back with his power. i think his biceps are too big or something, creating a bigger gap so he can't pull them in closer to his body?

am i wrong?

If the guy ever develops a fast hit it won't matter so far what I have seen he like's to catch guy's hit that won't work on everyone. :D

If the guy ever develops a fast hit it won't matter so far what I have seen he like's to catch guy's hit that won't work on everyone. :D

is that what John Brzenk do most of the time?

It will be power vs speed if he try's to catch Bagent's hit he maybe in trouble and Travis won't load up with him. :D
look at what Travis has done to Christian in the past. I would actualy rather see how he matched up with Christian power on power. I would bet on Travis or Christian over him right now left

Wow, he won all rounds so easily. At 308 pounds, he is going to one of the heaviest competitors. Does anyone know how much Pushkar weighs?

I believe Pushkar weight 95 kg (209 lbs).

Wow, he won all rounds so easily. At 308 pounds, he is going to one of the heaviest competitors. Does anyone know how much Pushkar weighs?

I'm not entirely convinced Denis is 308-pounds. I read in his profile he is 6', 1" and 286-pounds and from the videos he appears to have very low bodyfat.

In the other thread about Voevoda and Denis training, I asked what his stats were, and someone else said he was 6'1, and weighs 287, and said those were his 2006 stats, not sure how he compares now to how he was in 2006. I would believe any around 300 lbs. personally, remember, unlike some arm wrestlers, he has huge legs, too, on the firs page there was a pic of him lifting a big stone lke the ones in strongman competitions, and his calf was about the size of my head. I don't think he has a very low bodyfat, though, someone his strength may appear to have less bf than they really do just cause their muscles are so big (for me when someone says very low bodyfat, I think like 7% of less... low is like less than 12... IMHO).

i know next to nothing about arm wrestling, but doesn't it seem that maybe Cyplenkov's arms are like TOO big? when he was wrestling that guy, the other guy brought him pretty close (in my uneducated opinion) to a pin before i got the proper angle and leverage to bring him back with his power. i think his biceps are too big or something, creating a bigger gap so he can't pull them in closer to his body?

am i wrong?

In the thread about Voevoda and Cyplenkov training, someone did say that they were too big. Voevoda said:

"And for he also say Cyplenkov's biceps are undesirable large for having the right angle of the arm". Someone else in that thread said that Cyplenkov is trying to get his biceps down from 62 cms (24.4 in.) to 58 cms (22.83 in.) That's just what those guys said, and it does make sense to me...

Pushkar was 270 in Zloty 2007.

IMO In hook he would beat Christian

But he would lose to Travis's TR

I just read on a russian armwrestling site that Cyplenkov trained with Artem Klimenko 1th may and soon a videoclip will come up....stay tuned.

Here it is - he's an arm wrestling cyborg! :rock

http://www.ironworld.ru/iwtube/tube/cat.php?clip_id=525

Wow, I am watching this right now... Denis's arms do look a lot smaller when they are relaxed... still big, but. Lol, te other guy said Denis has weak fingers, maybe for an armwrestler but I bet he has stronger fingers than 99.9999% of the world. Denis also seemed to have less endurance, each match took him longer to win. Not a problem with avg. arm wrestlers but against some it might cost him (or course he is going to improve as time goes on, just sayin'). Also his start seems slower than the other guys was. Might cost him in some matches (Bagent might get him down before he even starts). Best left-handed arm wrestler already? idk, I'd favor Bagent over him, when did Cyplenkov actually start armwrestling anyways, does anybody know?

Pushkar was 270 in Zloty 2007.

IMO In hook he would beat Christian

But he would lose to Travis's TR

Oh, was I just plain stupid when I said he weighed 209, or does he usually weigh 209?

Edited by Josh H

IMO, Bagent will beat him left, and Larrat and Brzenk (assuming at least 220 lb brzenk) will beat him right.

Edited by thewalrus

Devon Larrat is currently serving in Afghanistan. I got a buddy over there who is serving with him and was telling me about him on YahooIM last week.

- Aaron

Isn't that Klimenko in the vid and not Pushkar?

In the video Klimenko says that he weighs 95 kilos and Cyplenkov weighs 140 kilos. I'm not sure how strong Klimenko is right now left-handed and right-handed, but Cyplenkov beat him every time and very easily. In fact, it looked like he was just toying with him. Is Cyplenkov pulling only left-handed or both in Zloty Tur 2008? I know this is slightly off-topic, but does anyone know when the complete right-handed Zloty Tur 2007 competition video footage will be posted online? ;)

Cyplenkov will only be pulling lefty at Zloty.

Artem said this on another Northeast armwrestlingforum: "Yes, he HAD weak fingers before... I did not expect he had strenthened them sooooo much and so quickly"

I dont know if Cyplenkov starts slowly just because he knows he can overpower everyone or if he just is a slow starter. What you guys think? IMO Cyplenkov might get problems against Bagent, unless he learns how to start faster...but Im still not 100 %

I don't think he has a very low bodyfat, though, someone his strength may appear to have less bf than they really do just cause their muscles are so big (for me when someone says very low bodyfat, I think like 7% of less... low is like less than 12... IMHO).

Check out the vascularity in the arms:

http://www.ironworld.ru/upload/iblock/6dc/...931d82a9e3f.jpg

Compared to most strongmen, I would say his bodyfat percentage is very low - maybe <10%?

I dont know if Cyplenkov starts slowly just because he knows he can overpower everyone or if he just is a slow starter. What you guys think? IMO Cyplenkov might get problems against Bagent, unless he learns how to start faster...but Im still not 100 %

I think he probably starts slow because he just hasn't trained as much for speed. he may have started slow on purpose with that one other guy in that video, but Ia ssume in their very first pull he would have tried to go fast as he wouldn't know how good the other guy would be, you kow what I'm saying?

I don't think he has a very low bodyfat, though, someone his strength may appear to have less bf than they really do just cause their muscles are so big (for me when someone says very low bodyfat, I think like 7% of less... low is like less than 12... IMHO).

Check out the vascularity in the arms:

http://www.ironworld.ru/upload/iblock/6dc/...931d82a9e3f.jpg

Compared to most strongmen, I would say his bodyfat percentage is very low - maybe <10%?

Yeah. But he is so vascular because he is so strong, it sticks out far even through his fat. he isn't fat, I just don't think he is very cut. Look at his stomach in that picture. I would say at least 10% bf. You know, Magnus Samuelsson had 17-20% bodyfat... Ronnie Coleman has like 2% on stage (and he is stonger than Cyplenkov, he is 5'11 and weighs the same amount with less bf) and I heard Mariusz Pudzianowski has like 8%, look at him:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/tylerhood/MP2.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2360/212858..._7a5b97006f.jpg

Cyplenkov I would guess has 12%.

Cyplenkov will only be pulling lefty at Zloty.

:( Is there a reason why he will not be pulling right as well?

ronnie coleman is stronger than Cyplenkov? i find that hard to believe.

Yes, he is. In an arm wrestling match, Cyplenkov would smash Coleman's arm into the pad, no contest. Strongman competitions, Cyplenkov wins but Coleman might get a few points, idk. But, explain this to me, if Cyplenkov is stronger than Coleman, how come they are the same weight even though Coleman is 2 inches shorter and has +/- 10% bodyfat less? Remember, Coleman used a lot of steroids. His arms are 24", his chest is like 58" or 60" or something and his upper legs are like 34" or some crazy shit. I'm too lazy to look it up right now. :tongue

But seriously, look at the dude:

http://i.b5z.net/i/u/230085/i/Ronnie_Coleman.jpg

http://www.ironews.net/wp-content/uploads/...7BC/image01.png

(Ronnie Coleman's bicep looks sick in that pic where he is armwrestling)

Edited by Josh H

Yea but look at his wrist and hand small and I hate to bust your bubble but Cyplenkov did'nt get that way on protein powder my friend. :D

Yea but look at his wrist and hand small and I hate to bust your bubble but Cyplenkov did'nt get that way on protein powder my friend. :D

Eh? His wrist doesn't look that small...

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/7251/ro...coleman4ky7.jpg

besides, you're wrists don't really grow when you work them out, you can have strong wrists even if they're small. And yeah, like I said, Cyplenkov would smash Coleman in an armwrestling match. He may even have stronger arms tan Coleman does overall, wouldn't surprise me none. But, Coleman is stronger overall, I think, like I said before, why else would they weigh the same amount when Coleman is shorter and trimmer? Is there anything that'd make him as heavy as Cyplenkov besides having more muscle? Cause I can't think of anything.

ronnie coleman is stronger than Cyplenkov? i find that hard to believe.

Yes, he is. In an arm wrestling match, Cyplenkov would smash Coleman's arm into the pad, no contest. Strongman competitions, Cyplenkov wins but Coleman might get a few points, idk. But, explain this to me, if Cyplenkov is stronger than Coleman, how come they are the same weight even though Coleman is 2 inches shorter and has +/- 10% bodyfat less? Remember, Coleman used a lot of steroids. His arms are 24", his chest is like 58" or 60" or something and his upper legs are like 34" or some crazy shit. I'm too lazy to look it up right now. :tongue

But seriously, look at the dude:

http://i.b5z.net/i/u/230085/i/Ronnie_Coleman.jpg

http://www.ironews.net/wp-content/uploads/...7BC/image01.png

(Ronnie Coleman's bicep looks sick in that pic where he is armwrestling)

wait wait, i don't get it. Cyplenkov smashes Ronnie in arm wrestling and STRONGMAN contest, but still Ronnie is stronger because of the size of his body? if that's true, then Dominic Filiou must be the strongest man in the world.

A bodybuilder does'nt make a armwrestler and vis versa and height and weight has nothing to do with body type and the whey people are but together. :D

wait wait, i don't get it. Cyplenkov smashes Ronnie in arm wrestling and STRONGMAN contest, but still Ronnie is stronger because of the size of his body? if that's true, then Dominic Filiou must be the strongest man in the world.

Well, I don't know anything about Dominic Filiou, except what I just read on wikipedia, but he is 6'5 and probably has more bodyfat than Coleman and Cyplenkov do. If you're the same weight as somebody else is, but you're shorter and trimmer, why would you weigh as much unless you have more muscle on you? That's what I am saying, and it makes sense, if this doesn't make sense then please tell me why Coleman weighs more than Cyplenov. Your weight is made up of fat, muscle, and your height plays a factor. Coleman is both shorter and has less fat than Kyplenkov, but he weight the same amount, which I assume means he must have more muscle than Cyplenkov does. I don't see why else he would weigh more.

A bodybuilder does'nt make a armwrestler and vis versa and height and weight has nothing to do with body type and the whey people are but together. :D

I know, and I already admitted that Cyplenkov would destroy Coleman in an arm wrestle. My response referring to Coleman was after someone said that Cyplenkov probably had less than 10% bodyfat, and that his bodyfat level looked very low. And as I understand it, your weight is made up of you're fat, muscle, height. Lets say there are 2 people who weigh 300 lbs and they both have 10% bodyfat. One of them is 7 ft tall, one is 6 ft tall. Obviously, the 6 ft tall person would be stronger, do you agree? I am not talking stronger at arm wrestling, stronger at strongman competitions, I am just talking about overall muscle. Also, if there are 2 people who both weigh 300 lbs, and are both 6 ft., but one has 12% bodyfat and one has 2% bodyfat, the one with 2% bodyfat must be stronger, cause the other guy is fatter and still only weighs the same amount? Does this make sense? And if there are other factors which make up your weight, I would like to hear them.

I really don't know who is stronger s both have great powers. But YOU admited yourself that Cyplenkov smashes Ronnie in arm wrestling and STRONGMAN contest. I think this is the end of the discussion. Period...

Dude size does not alway's mean power I have a buddy that could not bench 250 if you had a gun to his head he weigh's 200lb. But you grab on to the dude on a armwestling table and he will hurt your felling 's I promise you that the man can do 3 one arm pullup's with the other hand in his pocket. You get my drift.