Big Hands?

Jaz

I could be wrong. In any case I think it is unkind to call out long standing members as liars or incompetent.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't when the biggest hands in the WORLD are only 12 or so and he is ooozing with growth hormone far above natural how common do you think 10inch hand would really be? Also keep in mind how your supposed to measure, look here http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...0&start=260 no one on the entire board has 9inch hands apparently while there are many very tall people.

I mean 7inch is normal 8 is big 9 is VERY big.

I don't know where you get those numbers from. My hands are below average at 7 1/4" and I have seen Jedd's hands in person...they are over 9" long, and one of my co-workers has paws even bigger and he's just a normal guy. Keep in mind a 12" hand is 25% longer than one 9". An 8' tall person is 25" taller than someone 6'. The proportion isn't outrageous.

I think you're wrong about those percentages. While 9 is 75% of 12, and 6 is 75% of 8, the increases from the lower number to the higher is a 33-1/3% increase.

I didn't know Jedd had 9" hands, maybe he could confirm that?

Clay Edgin posted a picture once I believe, and his hands were around 8", I don't remember to be honest, but it was not huge from what I remember. They are meaty though, from some thumbpad pictures he took.

Hmmmm how is the increase from 33% while 9" is 75% of 12"?

I hope this doesn't sound rude, but if you wanna learn about percentages I'm sure there are tutorials you can find using Google.

But if I had to explain with my own words, and briefly, I'd say this: if something increases from 9 to 12.. the increase is 33.33%, because that's the percentage of the original number, that increased. Now, if you ask yourself what percentage of the NEW amount, is the increase, then sure, 3 is 25% of 12, but it's not how it works, that's just another thing. You have to multiply 9 by 1.333 to get 12, not by 1.25 ...

Percent change is defined as new number minus old number divided by the old number. The case in question: 12-9 = 3 divided by 9 = 33.3% Someone 6' tall would have to grow 33.3% to be 8' tall: 8-6=2 2/6=33.3

Percent change is defined as new number minus old number divided by the old number. The case in question: 12-9 = 3 divided by 9 = 33.3% Someone 6' tall would have to grow 33.3% to be 8' tall: 8-6=2 2/6=33.3

Edited by Alawadhi

Ignore my math :D I was an English major for a reason. In case I wasn't clear it was a couple of comments to OldGuy I thought were unnnecessarily hostile. Probably not the intent, but I think a little respect is due.

Ignore my math :D I was an English major for a reason. In case I wasn't clear it was a couple of comments to OldGuy I thought were unnnecessarily hostile. Probably not the intent, but I think a little respect is due.

It wasn't meant to come off as hostile, I apologize if it was so. It's just when claims are made that don't see right to me I have to question it.

Quote "It wasn't meant to come off as hostile, I apologize if it was so. It's just when claims are made that don't see right to me I have to question it."

Isn't that what I was doing. Questioning claims that didn't seem right to me? I myself made no claims, but gave my estimates of what I believed the true measurements to be.

• 2 months later...

My hand length is about 7 7/8"

and my hand spread is 9" exactly.

My hands are exactly 8".

I also think Magnus' ( :bow ) hands are about 8ish, as said before, but I this the reason they cover the grippers so much is because they are also very thick.

I would like to know how big this guys hands are though :blink

• Like 1

From that same page:

His hands measured 12.75 inches (324 mm) from the wrist to the tip of the middle finger

So quite some hands he got there :D

Btw, mine are approx. 7" in from wrist to tip of finger, approx. 7.75" in spread (top pinky - top thumb)

And I did close the #3 and no where near the end.... One day the #4 will fall as well !! :rock

From that same page:

His hands measured 12.75 inches (324 mm) from the wrist to the tip of the middle finger

So quite some hands he got there :D

Btw, mine are approx. 7" in from wrist to tip of finger, approx. 7.75" in spread (top pinky - top thumb)

And I did close the #3 and no where near the end.... One day the #4 will fall as well !! :rock

Oh my word... can't believe I missed that :blush Dang, that'd be a nice size for the RT, huh?

The guy in the pic below next to the little guy is the king of big hands!

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups...1673798caln.jpg

Does anyone know who that guy is?????

That might be the largest hands I've ever seen.

Thanks!

Mighty Joe

7'6" over 400lbs 62" chest, a 46" waist, 24" biceps and shoe size 25-EEE.

yeah he's a very big dude, says his dad was taller than him

http://www.calvinlane.com/

Thanks for the name and website.

Calvin is from east Texas. I wonder where?

I live in east Texas.

Sure would like to shake his hand! Ha! Ha!

Stay Strong!!!

Mighty Joe

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Dennis Cyplenkov:29cmbcy.jpg

Cleve dean 11'' hands: armwrestling.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/cleve-dean-hand.jpg

Maybe they're just cruel SOB's?? :cool Tell them Mobster laughs right back and see if their lips tremble ha ha :D

i would try and play nice with mobster :)

rico

my hand, scroll down from the pic for my measurments.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8675

Edited by rico300zx